Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2012 - The Good, the Bad, or the Ugly??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2012 - The Good, the Bad, or the Ugly??

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    My biggest question is do you think a 3 goaltender rotation can work..? IMO I don't think so...sooner or later someone will be the #1 and the other two will battle it out for #2/backup status....and think about it,this could be the same next season...meaning 3 tenders/Sullivan and Ouellette will be Seniors and Morris will be a Sophmore. I guess we will see this run it's course over the next few games...3 in the net won't work imo.
    I haven't seen Morris yet, but IMO both Marty and Dan would both be #3 goalies on one of my daddy's teams, so why not play everyone, and let the chips fall where they may..?

Maybe somebody will separate himself from the pack. This is clearly not a team that will contend for a FF in any case, so why not.

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
      True but it doesn't take '93 Maine to make the tourney anymore. I figure with Sully as a senior and this year's freshmen being sophs, simply making the tourney next year shouldn't be unreasonable. Basically, finishing in the top 4 in HEA should take care of that....not sure how Notre Dame and the shifts out west will change the numbers but still.
      With Timmay at the helm, the addition of ND and resurgence of Merrihack and Norhteastern, Maine wont have so much as a sniff at home ice in the future. Not even a sniff. Those days are long gone until Whitehead is long gone.
      sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
        With Timmay at the helm, the addition of ND and resurgence of Merrihack and Norhteastern, Maine wont have so much as a sniff at home ice in the future. Not even a sniff. Those days are long gone until Whitehead is long gone.
        Excepting BC and BU, and maybe ND and NH, no one is a year in year out lock for home ice in HEA. The "resurgences" of MC and NU are like the "resurgences" we've seen of UMA in the Quick years, Lowell recently, PC with Rask/Fregoe/DiSalvatore, etc. Usually 2, maybe 3 years of "contending" (more like 3rd/4th place finishes) with a really good recruiting class, then back to what they were before until they get another good class.

With Whitehead, that's where Maine is, too, I will grant you. But lets not start acting like Northeastern, Merrimack and Lowell are going to become national powers.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
          Excepting BC and BU, and maybe ND and NH, no one is a year in year out lock for home ice in HEA. The "resurgences" of MC and NU are like the "resurgences" we've seen of UMA in the Quick years, Lowell recently, PC with Rask/Fregoe/DiSalvatore, etc. Usually 2, maybe 3 years of "contending" (more like 3rd/4th place finishes) with a really good recruiting class, then back to what they were before until they get another good class.

With Whitehead, that's where Maine is, too, I will grant you. But lets not start acting like Northeastern, Merrimack and Lowell are going to become national powers.
          This news just in. You dont need to be national powers to be ahead of Maine in HE anymore. Nope. And did I mention anything at all about the crackheads at Lowell? Dont think I did.
          sure why not

Comment

This news just in. You dont need to be national powers to be ahead of Maine in HE anymore. Nope. And did I mention anything at all about the crackheads at Lowell? Dont think I did.
            Maine's Glory days have been over for quite awhile...when they talk about Maine Hockey...its what it used to be...and it's the line of the day to fill B.S. to Recruits...and on TV Telecast to make it sound like Maine Hockey and Alfond Arena's home ice advantage has never been better....quite the opposite. Maine is a mid-pack Hockey East Team and Sell-Outs are no more. Plain and Simple. Put a NEW Man in charge and things will change,not over night...but you can bet it won't be long either.

Comment

How many posts like that did we read last year in October and November? I mean really...that's why they play the games. I like the recruits. I don't know if they'll be developed and I don't know if they'll be developed quickly enough....but lets give it some time to cook before we declare things "impossible until Whitehead is long gone."

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
              43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
              104-47-14 (.669) in that time
              3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Jon Swavely out with quadriceps tear.

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                  How many posts like that did we read last year in October and November? I mean really...that's why they play the games. I like the recruits. I don't know if they'll be developed and I don't know if they'll be developed quickly enough....but lets give it some time to cook before we declare things "impossible until Whitehead is long gone."
                  The recruits aren't bad, but freshmen and sophomores aren't going to carry a team unless they're BC's or YDMT-type blue-chippers... That's clearly not the case with this crew.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                    Jon Swavely out with quadriceps tear.
                    Thats not good to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                      My biggest question is do you think a 3 goaltender rotation can work..? IMO I don't think so...sooner or later someone will be the #1 and the other two will battle it out for #2/backup status....and think about it,this could be the same next season...meaning 3 tenders/Sullivan and Ouellette will be Seniors and Morris will be a Sophmore. I guess we will see this run it's course over the next few games...3 in the net won't work imo.
                      Vermont has 4 tenders...........Maine 3......Is this a vote of confidence for your tenders?

Comment

Jon Swavely out until after Christmas. Leidermark out with wrist injury. The good news is Ryan Lomberg is making his debut and Kyle Beattie is back.

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/10/1...st-two-months/

Comment

So WMUR 9 in NH has a note on the ticker at the bottom of the screen this morning during the news cast.

"Maine Hockey Coach resigns..." the rest was explaining because of implications in the zumba-hooker deal.

I am thinking WOW, that is interesting, the Maine fans are going to be happy - no more timmy!

Then I get in the car and hear on the Radio it is the Kennebunkport High School coach.

But for a good 20 minutes I figured this thread would be on fire this morning.
                          "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                            So WMUR 9 in NH has a note on the ticker at the bottom of the screen this morning during the news cast.

"Maine Hockey Coach resigns..." the rest was explaining because of implications in the zumba-hooker deal.

I am thinking WOW, that is interesting, the Maine fans are going to be happy - no more timmy!

Then I get in the car and hear on the Radio it is the Kennebunkport High School coach.

But for a good 20 minutes I figured this thread would be on fire this morning.
                            More likely scenario would have been New Hampshire Hockey coach resigns from Zumba issue as he is alot closer to the source than the Maine Hockey coach and would have created a big stir as well.
                            But who knows, rumor has it someone well connected is still on the list, this issue isn't going away for awhile
                            Last edited by CenMEBlackBearFan; 10-18-2012, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CenMEBlackBearFan View Post
                              More likely scenario would have been New Hampshire Hockey resigns from Zumba issue as he is alot closer to the source than the Maine Hockey coach and would have created a big stir as well.
                              But who knows, rumor has it someone well connected is still on the list, this issue isn't going away for awhile
                              I'm number 131, so safe for quite awhile. She must have been relatively low on the skank -o-meter.

cough, cough.....Verso Paper
                              sure why not

Comment

I'm number 131, so safe for quite awhile. She must have been relatively low on the skank -o-meter.

cough, cough.....Verso Paper
                                I can see the alure of her, just google her and sex video and you will have a better appreciation for an orange popsicle

Comment

Working...
                                X