Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2012 - The Good, the Bad, or the Ugly??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2012 - The Good, the Bad, or the Ugly??

Losing Flynn, Abbott, O'Neill and Mangene will do that.

Comment

Hey, look on the bright side, unlike the last two, at least this loss was against a legit D-1 team

Comment

Is there anyone who can find the back of the net? If it wasn't for Sully, they would have lost 8-0. There was no sustained offensive attack all night long.
        UGLY!

Comment

*Crickets*

This is what the PATHETIC Whitehead has reduced this program to.........very few people are vested in this program anymore. Wait until the numbers are crunched after this season.........Abbott is gonna have to borrow more money from Uncle Alfond's trust fund!

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
            *Crickets*

This is what the PATHETIC Whitehead has reduced this program to.........very few people are vested in this program anymore. Wait until the numbers are crunched after this season.........Abbott is gonna have to borrow more money from Uncle Alfond's trust fund!
            I have long time fans telling me I just can't get excited about going to games any more. Its a shame. My section had 1 or 2 groups of folks I recognized, other than that all new folks for the Q game. Maybe the old timers will show up for St L.
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              I have long time fans telling me I just can't get excited about going to games any more. Its a shame. My section had 1 or 2 groups of folks I recognized, other than that all new folks for the Q game. Maybe the old timers will show up for St L.
              Yeah, it seems like some of the old-time posters don't post very much either. Someone mentioned Whitehead's contract and I hope whatever Abbott decides to do he does the day after Maine's season ends this year. I would say the time is right to go out and get Jimmy as the next coach. He has done pretty well and I think he would bring a lot of people back to the program. If Abbott decides he wants to keep Timmy then he should give Timmy a three year extension. The last thing on earth I want to see happen is him enter the last year of his contract, no way anything good can come from that.

There was a story in the paper about Maine's last president being fired in his new job and I think it tells a lot about why the school/athletic department have had a rough go of it the last eight or so years. It all starts at the top and hopefully the new guy is a lot better than Kennedy was.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I'm trying to look for the positives. Sully was fantastic. The defense was ok at least at times, but N.D. was just bigger and stronger. The offense resembles a bee-hive without the Queen - a bunch of skaters buzzing around without a common cause. I'm afraid it's going to be a long season, but didn't last years team start out like 3-6?

Comment

Originally posted by '93,'99,?? View Post
                  I'm trying to look for the positives. Sully was fantastic. The defense was ok at least at times, but N.D. was just bigger and stronger. The offense resembles a bee-hive without the Queen - a bunch of skaters buzzing around without a common cause. I'm afraid it's going to be a long season, but didn't last years team start out like 3-6?
                  They started 3-6-2 through the first 11 games minus the exhibitions then went 20-8-1 the rest of the season counting playoffs.
                  IT'S ALL ABOUT THE NAVY AND BLUE! UMAINE BLACK BEARS

National Champions 93' 99'

Comment

Bigger ND skated through the little guys on D and their dumb stick checks. It was funny to watch the little smurfs getting bounced

Stupid trap play............hard to play it with smirfs............

Comment

Originally posted by Ineverquit View Post
                      They started 3-6-2 through the first 11 games minus the exhibitions then went 20-8-1 the rest of the season counting playoffs.
                      True enough but last years team had the talent on offense to do that. Our P.P. did look especially inept last night. I suppose ND is a very good team so thats part of the reason but still, we had some opportunities to score. We just can't find the back of the net.

Comment

Any hope that Diamond could put up big numbers without Abbott and Flynn is pretty much already gone. This team has ok goaltending and D but no offense whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          I don't really give a crap about going anymore. I still get my season tickets, _hoping_ that someday they turn it around. For the past 3 seasons, I've sold half of my tickets to a coworker. If they don't get rid of Timmay when his current contract is up I don't think I will continue to buy tickets. I was one of the original "Fire Timmay" posters on here; it's hard to believe I've held on this long but I keep wanting to believe they will turn it around.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            Yeah, it seems like some of the old-time posters don't post very much either. Someone mentioned Whitehead's contract and I hope whatever Abbott decides to do he does the day after Maine's season ends this year. I would say the time is right to go out and get Jimmy as the next coach. He has done pretty well and I think he would bring a lot of people back to the program. If Abbott decides he wants to keep Timmy then he should give Timmy a three year extension. The last thing on earth I want to see happen is him enter the last year of his contract, no way anything good can come from that.

There was a story in the paper about Maine's last president being fired in his new job and I think it tells a lot about why the school/athletic department have had a rough go of it the last eight or so years. It all starts at the top and hopefully the new guy is a lot better than Kennedy was.
                            Good Grief...give him a 3yr extension after this season,NO WAY...if he(TW)does not like it he can Resign,"IF" they don't buy-out of fire him....make him squirm for his contract and NEVER/EVER give him 3 yrs unless there's a opt-out clause for the University...I know alot of people are waiting to see what happens after this season,if he's Extented you'll see more Season Ticket Holders drop out and you'll see LESS Donor Money to the Hockey Program....this is JUST imo,he needs to leave after this season no matter what....Program needs a influx of New Blood/Ideas....stalled to be forever .500....not good.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                              I don't really give a crap about going anymore. I still get my season tickets, _hoping_ that someday they turn it around. For the past 3 seasons, I've sold half of my tickets to a coworker. If they don't get rid of Timmay when his current contract is up I don't think I will continue to buy tickets. I was one of the original "Fire Timmay" posters on here; it's hard to believe I've held on this long but I keep wanting to believe they will turn it around.
                              I'm in the same boat. I can't or don't want to justify spending the money and time. I still support the program and watch the TV games but that's about it these days. I will say there is some talent with these Freshmen. Properly developed they could............never mind.

Comment

True enough but last years team had the talent on offense to do that. Our P.P. did look especially inept last night. I suppose ND is a very good team so thats part of the reason but still, we had some opportunities to score. We just can't find the back of the net.
                                ND didn't look that good to me, they were bigger and faster but didn't look like much Offense was on that team.

Looked like atypical Jeff Jackson team, boring
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X