Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012-13 Union College Women's Hockey thread

Originally posted by UCONN FAN View Post
    Wow, who wants to an assistant position on a 1 year trial basis?
    I believe one year contracts are standard for assistants, especially when someone is coming in new.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
      I believe one year contracts are standard for assistants, especially when someone is coming in new.
      Though that may be true, in most cases there isn't the likelihood/possibility that your predecessor only wished to vacate the post for 1 yr, and that you would be in essence competing against them for the next year's contract. I would think that would make it especially challenging to recruit the best possible candidate to fill the slot

Comment

Originally posted by Trillium View Post
        Though that may be true, in most cases there isn't the likelihood/possibility that your predecessor only wished to vacate the post for 1 yr, and that you would be in essence competing against them for the next year's contract. I would think that would make it especially challenging to recruit the best possible candidate to fill the slot
        That is assuming Miss Chu intends to return to Union. She may well intend to return to coaching, and if she does I could see her throwing her hat in the ring for the Merrimac head coach. Or she could decide to put her Harvard sheepskin to good use and cash in on a booming economy.

Comment

That is assuming Miss Chu intends to return to Union. She may well intend to return to coaching, and if she does I could see her throwing her hat in the ring for the Merrimac head coach. Or she could decide to put her Harvard sheepskin to good use and cash in on a booming economy.
          My guess is the latter. I know Julie loves hockey. Whether she wants the challenge of starting up a program in a very competitive league such as HE is another matter. Let's face it, she couldn't sell Union to any blue chip recruits that had a positive impact on Union's record within the ECAC. It won't get any easier recruiting against the likes of BC, BU, UNH and Providence.

Comment

"Chuey will be leaving Union in order to focus on her training for the upcoming Olympics."

http://www.womenshockeylife.com/blog...Id=981&CatId=4

Comment

and cash in on a booming economy.
              ??? You were joking, right?

Comment

Union women's hockey senior dance video:

Comment

Union's mens team looked great tonight - totally wiped out BC, 5-1 (sorry TTT20!).
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Yale men win national championship. Union men get to Final 8 this season and Final 4 last season. Remind me again why not having athlectic scholarships prevents the Union women's team from being able to win a single game in ECAC?

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
                      Yale men win national championship. Union men get to Final 8 this season and Final 4 last season. Remind me again why not having athlectic scholarships prevents the Union women's team from being able to win a single game in ECAC?
                      They should be able to win a couple, but these comparisons are apples to oranges. You can't compare the landscape of women's hockey to the landscape of men's hockey. They are nowhere even close to the same.

Comment

The men's teams at Union and Yale winning put the women's teams (or coaches) in a very bad light.

Comment

“Yale men win national championship. Union men get to Final 8 this season and Final 4 last season. Remind me again why not having athletic scholarships prevents the Union women's team from being able to win a single game in ECAC?” -- HockeyEast33

“The men's teams at Union and Yale winning put the women's teams (or coaches) in a very bad light.” -- OneTimer

Who’s really put in a bad light at Union? Jim McLaughlin, Director of Athletics. Is it a case of his misplaced loyalty to an incompetent coach, or do he and the college blindly sacrifice a women’s team to obtain a Title 9 defense for the men’s hockey program?

Comment

Union's Shenae Lundberg spending weekend in elite goalie camp:

http://bit.ly/18AmyLZ

Comment

Congratulations to Shenae Lundberg for being selected to attend the sixth annual Warren Strelow National Team Goaltending Camp this weekend in Ann Arbor, Mich.!

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
                              Union's Shenae Lundberg spending weekend in elite goalie camp:

http://bit.ly/18AmyLZ

Comment

Here is the complete list of goalie attendees:

Lauren Bailey Freeland, Mich. Freeland (Mich.) High School
                                Kaitlin Burt Lynn, Mass. Buckingham Browne & Nichols (Mass.)
                                Hannah Ehresmann Minnetonka, Minn. Minnetonka (Minn.) High School
                                Victoria Hanson Stoughton, Mass. Lawrence Academy (Mass.)
                                Nicole Hensley Lakewood, Colo. Lindenwood University (Mo.)
                                Brianna Laing Marblehead, Mass. Noble and Greenough School (Mass.)
                                Shenae Lundberg Peterborough, N.H. Union College
                                Sidney Peters Geneva, Ill. Geneva (Ill.) Community High School - committed to Minnesota
                                Sydney Rossman Excelsior, Minn. Minnetonka (Minn.) High School - committed to Quinnipiac
                                Alexis Shaw Troy, Mich. Mercy High School (Mich.)
                                Lauren Slebodnick Manchester, N.H. Cornell University
                                Brooke Wolejko South Windsor, Conn. Westminster School (Conn.)
                                Last edited by joehockey; 05-13-2013, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X