This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Union Hockey 2012-2013 - Unfinished Business

With the season opener being one week away, I figured it was time to start our season thread.

Congratulations to the Union women who beat UConn 3-2 this afternoon. Today's victory was Union's first ever in a season opener since their move to D1.

Re: Union Hockey 2012-2013 - Unfinished Business

Womens highlights on the womens board: http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...-Hockey-thread
    Last edited by rdf8585; 09-30-2012, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
      Womens highlights on the womens board: http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...-Hockey-thread
      The new camera and graphics are a huge step up from the old video stream. They both look great!

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchfan View Post
        The new camera and graphics are a huge step up from the old video stream. They both look great!
        I didn't recognize the PA announcers voice (heard around 1:35) from the mens games but whoever it is has a terrific PA voice. Hopefully this person does the mens games as well.

The only downside to the video was 360p resolution.

Comment

I hear media day is today.

Comment

Schott blogs a Union preview:

https://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs...eek-1-union-p/

Comment

Union Hockey Blog reports Mat Bodie will be wearing the C.

Unionathletics.com confirms it and says K.Bodie and Coburn will be assistant captains.

http://unionathletics.com/news/2012/...001122323.aspx
              Last edited by rdf8585; 10-01-2012, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Union 5th in USCHO poll.

USCHO.com/NCAA Poll

Team (First Place) 2011-12 Record Pts Last Week
                1 Boston College (35) 33-10-1 972 NR
                2 Minnesota (12) 28-14-1 937 NR
                3 Michigan (3) 24-13-4 857 NR
                4 North Dakota 26-13-3 826 NR
                5 Union 26-8-7 789 NR
                6 Cornell 19-9-7 631 NR
                7 Massachusetts-Lowell 24-13-1 599 NR
                8 Denver 25-14-4 566 NR
                9 Miami 24-15-2 553 NR
                10 Western Michigan 21-14-6 516 NR
                11 Ferris State 26-12-5 472 NR
                12 Minnesota-Duluth 25-10-6 460 NR
                13 Boston University 23-15-1 413 NR
                14 Notre Dame 19-18-3 395 NR
                15 Maine 23-14-3 234 NR
                16 Michigan State 19-16-4 219 NR
                17 Harvard 13-10-11 213 NR
                18 Wisconsin 17-18-2 202 NR
                19 Air Force 21-11-7 116 NR
                20 Colorado College 18-16-2 81 NR

Others receiving votes: New Hampshire 78, St. Cloud State 78, Quinnipiac 64, Ohio State 54, Merrimack 43, Nebraska-Omaha 31, Northern Michigan 25, Massachusetts 13, Lake Superior 12, Northeastern 11, Providence 8, RIT 6, Yale 6, Michigan Tech 5, RPI 5, Mercyhurst 2, Minnesota State 2, Niagara 2, Colgate 1, St. Lawrence 1.

Comment

More from Schott - Coaches Corner radio show no longer at Bombers. It's now at the Van Dyck on lower Union St.

https://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs...e-named-capta/

Comment

Tweaked uni's via Ken Schott:

*****http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg876/scaled.php?tn=0&server=876&filename=x4tusc.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640******

Not bad.

Comment

I can't say I'm a fan of the new ones, but I guess I'll have to get used to them. The old ones were so much sharper. Hopefully the road unis look better, but I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

In recruit news.. 4 Union recruits were in USHL action this past weekend, which means they all made the final preseason cuts to make their teams. No huge surprise there, but glad to see it. Tyler Hynes scored a goal in his first game for Omaha, but none of the others (Vecchione, Taylor, Krug) had any points.

Also, USHR posted a blurb on each USHL team and had a very promising review of Jeff Taylor:
                        The Albany Academy grad looked like a seasoned veteran in his first weekend of junior hockey. A real steal for the Dutchmen. Does everything really well. A fluid skater with a good stick and a good sense of where to be in his own end, Taylor is a touch underappreciated. We feel he could get consideration on the NHL draft floor in June.
                        UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Question, Is the Union all Access worth it?, i moved away from Schenectady and still would like something more then the radio Broadcast
                          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Oddjob626 View Post
                            Question, Is the Union all Access worth it?, i moved away from Schenectady and still would like something more then the radio Broadcast
                            Thanks
                            It's $6 for a one day pass, $10 for a month or $80 for a year subscription. On the monthly thing (which I've done in the past) they automatically bill you each month unless you cancel the subscription, so you have to remember to turn things off when the season ends. Looks like the quality is improved this year judging from the one women's game (was very poor in the past), though there is still no replay, announcers, etc. Still, it's the closest you can get to actually seeing the game live and worth it in my book. You can also get feeds to other Union sports like football if you're into that.
                            UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by ADK11 View Post
                              In recruit news.. 4 Union recruits were in USHL action this past weekend, which means they all made the final preseason cuts to make their teams. No huge surprise there, but glad to see it. Tyler Hynes scored a goal in his first game for Omaha, but none of the others (Vecchione, Taylor, Krug) had any points.

Also, USHR posted a blurb on each USHL team and had a very promising review of Jeff Taylor:
                              The Albany Academy grad looked like a seasoned veteran in his first weekend of junior hockey. A real steal for the Dutchmen. Does everything really well. A fluid skater with a good stick and a good sense of where to be in his own end, Taylor is a touch underappreciated. We feel he could get consideration on the NHL draft floor in June.
                              This sounds pretty encouraging. Thanks for the update.

Saturday should be a great night with a bunch of banners going up. I think it is going to start at 6:30 so if you want to see it arrive early. I'm going to be interested in how effective the new sound system is. I'm hearing good things about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X