UMD vs MN Whitecaps, Sept 28/29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMD vs MN Whitecaps, Sept 28/29

UMD takes the first game 5-3. I only caught the last ten minutes of the game, but a win is a win, even an exhibition win. It's going to take some time to figure out all the freshmen and their jersey numbers (not a fan of the new uniforms either.) Anybody who was at Amsoil or who watched more of the game than I did can chime in with better commentary.

By the way, the game had a live internet feed at America One which WASN'T MENTIONED on UMD's website. Thanks a lot. But tomorrow's game will also have a live feed for those who can't make it to the game.
    Last edited by JosephPSchmoe; 09-28-2012, 09:13 PM.

Re: UMD vs MN Whitecaps, Sept 28/29

Agree - don't like the new uniforms. The forwards playing D did a good job. The O had some good pressure in front. The internet feed got me by suprise too.

Comment

Originally posted by JosephPSchmoe View Post
      UMD takes the first game 5-3. I only caught the last ten minutes of the game, but a win is a win, even an exhibition win. It's going to take some time to figure out all the freshmen and their jersey numbers (not a fan of the new uniforms either.) Anybody who was at Amsoil or who watched more of the game than I did can chime in with better commentary.

By the way, the game had a live internet feed at America One which WASN'T MENTIONED on UMD's website. Thanks a lot. But tomorrow's game will also have a live feed for those who can't make it to the game.
      As of this morning America One still had no information on their website with respect to any UMD women's hockey games although they were selling season passes that included both the men and women.

This is the typical confusing marketing by them at the beginning of the season. I had to inform them last year that UMD had a women's hockey team and that even though their package said it included the women's team they were unaware of said team, which resulted in their not flipping the "on" switch on the broadcasts until the second or third game as I recall. And no apologies or mention of a partial rebate out of principal. I don't know how people like this stay in business.

And they seldom answer your questions but immediately ask you to fill out a survey so you can tell them how they're doing! These people are completely brain dead in my opinion.

Anyway, I made a call today that I believe resulted in the switch being turned on...so at least , no missed games. This year, at least, has us starting out thinking that we are getting what we thought we were getting at the outset. We'll see if they can get through the season without the ususal mistakes and glitches of the last several years.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
        As of this morning America One still had no information on their website with respect to any UMD women's hockey games although they were selling season passes that included both the men and women.

Anyway, I made a call today that I believe resulted in the switch being turned on...so at least , no missed games. This year, at least, has us starting out thinking that we are getting what we thought we were getting at the outset. We'll see if they can get through the season without the ususal mistakes and glitches of the last several years.
        Thanks for keeping on them, Blackbeard. Many parents around the globe thank you!

Comment

UMD sweeps the Whitecaps with a 5-2 win today. I didn't see the game, but scoring five goals on Jessie Vetter is somewhat remarkable given all the freshmen playing for the Bulldogs this weekend. Good show and good mojo going into the regular season next weekend against Ohio State!

Comment

Got pretty rough in the 3rd. I think the 'dogs may be a real hockey team, with any luck at all. Hope McParland is ok. Hope all on both teams are ok.

Comment

Dogs got a 5 on 3 PPG and then a late PPG plus good goaltending and some good luck on a few breakaways by the Whitecaps #9.

Comment

Originally posted by 123kidd View Post
                Dogs got a 5 on 3 PPG and then a late PPG plus good goaltending and some good luck on a few breakaways by the Whitecaps #9.
                True. But, it is pretty clear that UMD is going to be for real this year. The veterans looked good, and the freshman held their own. Time will tell, but any team that looks past this squad will probably regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                  Wish they would do something about the quality of the video in the live feed. America One needs to take notes on the quality of the Northeastern feed, which is simply stunning.

Comment

Originally posted by Journeyman View Post
                    Wish they would do something about the quality of the video in the live feed. America One needs to take notes on the quality of the Northeastern feed, which is simply stunning.
                    Well, Northeastern uses real tv cameras, in HD no less, which makes a huge difference in the quality of the feed. Most programs use the crappy little soda can video cameras and shoot the game like it was for scouting purposes.

Comment

Working...
                    X