Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lakers at Tigers - 9/28-29/2012 - FIRST DIVISION I GAMES!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lakers at Tigers - 9/28-29/2012 - FIRST DIVISION I GAMES!

Perennial power Mercyhurst enters the Ritter Arena for the first time... in fact, this is the first time these two teams have ever met. It's going to be a special night, as the Tigers raise their 11-12 D-III championship banner.

Predictions?

Powers &8^]

Re: Lakers at Tigers - 9/28-29/2012 - FIRST DIVISION I GAMES!

Mercyhurst has had a ton of turnover the last couple of seasons, so the edge in experience goes to RIT. My guess is that the Lakers are a work in progress at this point. I certainly don't expect anything like the many-to-nothing scores that were common in early Lindenwood games last year.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
      Mercyhurst has had a ton of turnover the last couple of seasons, so the edge in experience goes to RIT. My guess is that the Lakers are a work in progress at this point. I certainly don't expect anything like the many-to-nothing scores that were common in early Lindenwood games last year.

6-1 in the second for MercyHurst.

Welcome to D1!

Comment

Yeah, it looks like they had a tough opening half minute.

Comment

I have to say, as someone who has been going to RIT Women's games for quite a few years, tonight was one of the best regular season games I can remember. Gone are the days of boring blow-outs. We're finally going to get real competitive and exciting Women's hockey all season long, and it's about darn time.

As for the game play, after a shaky start from the team and the goalies, RIT recovered nicely and figured out just how physical the refs were going to let them be. They managed to hold Mercyhurst to just about the same amount of shots through the last two periods as they had in the first. And when RIT was really skating, Mercyhurst got caught chasing.

Overall, there are a ton of positives to take away from tonight, and I'm glad I was able to be there for the first official RIT D1 game. Tomorrow afternoon's game should be a lot closer so long as RIT still has any legs left.

Oh, and Freshman Carly Payerl looks like the real deal.
          Last edited by d4rksabre; 09-28-2012, 08:57 PM.
          e^x, dx/dy, Janni wants some apple pie

Go Tigers.

Comment

hmmmm maybe jumped to conclusion to quickly???...MU has a full roster of very strong players and a team bond stronger than ever

*****https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=359365304132411&set=a.279572785444997.60764.121775057891438&type=1&theater******

Comment

Originally posted by myStuff View Post
              hmmmm maybe jumped to conclusion to quickly???...MU has a full roster of very strong players and a team bond stronger than ever
              What did I say that was incorrect? Have the Lakers not had a lot of turnover the last couple seasons? Do they not have more young players than RIT? I'd say any young team is a work in progress in week one (yes, including my team.) Was the score 14-0, 13-0, 11-0? No? I stand by what I posted. As for a team bond, September is pretty early to tell.

Comment

What did I say that was incorrect? Have the Lakers not had a lot of turnover the last couple seasons? Do they not have more young players than RIT? I'd say any young team is a work in progress in week one (yes, including my team.) Was the score 14-0, 13-0, 11-0? No? I stand by what I posted. As for a team bond, September is pretty early to tell.
                What was the final score of this game?
                Who was goalie for MU?

Comment

Originally posted by bceagles11 View Post
                  What was the final score of this game?
                  Who was goalie for MU?
                  6-2 MU. It was 4-0 after 1. Makela was in net.
                  ...and whadaya know, it's another freshman...

Comment

Originally posted by myStuff
                    yaaaaaah...maybe you are right...game one just a fluke..wouldn't be because MU has a solid team...game two should prove that...oh wait...how many 5-3 man advantages for RIT??? shots?? final score????

http://www.ritathletics.com/custompa...2.htm#GAME.NCA

SO close!! if it were horse shoes or tiddly winks
                    RIT got outplayed today. They didn't capitalize on their 5-on-3's. They looked good the first period, but looked tired and weren't playing well in the 2nd and 3rd. It will be an interesting season though.
                    Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
                    Men's Frozen Four 2010
                    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X