Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Violation?

MAJOR NCAA VIOLATION???

...When is USA Hockey going to force leagues to comply with the standards of operations? Everybody in the game knows that Vatrano and others are not going to be paying a dime to play in the EJHL, while others are being forced to pay in excess of$8,000 a year. This is a clear infraction of NCAA requirements...

http://www.juniorhockey.com/news/news_detail.php

Re: NCAA Violation?

Originally posted by StephenHeisler View Post
    MAJOR NCAA VIOLATION???

...When is USA Hockey going to force leagues to comply with the standards of operations? Everybody in the game knows that Vatrano and others are not going to be paying a dime to play in the EJHL, while others are being forced to pay in excess of$8,000 a year. This is a clear infraction of NCAA requirements...

http://www.juniorhockey.com/news/news_detail.php
    Sounds like very accusatory reporting with the statement above and in the article. Instead of stating "everybody in the game knows," you should provide actual evidence.
    Originally posted by SCSU Euro
    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Old news.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The situation has turned into an absolute joke.

It is obvious that the EJHL is unable, and unwilling, to police itself.

Where is the sense of fair-play in all of this? There is not a single developmental advantage for this player to be in the EJHL and if anything his game takes two steps back. Elite level players need to be be playing at a level that challenges them and not against a bunch of players that were unable to play at a higher level. Before anyone starts screeming, that is exactly what we are talking about for the bulk of the EJHL.

The EJHL could be the best league in the business if they eliminated the player fee, that is without question, but the fact remains that the fee exists and that elite players are not paying it.

Comment

Know-it-All,
          I don't have a problem expressing my opinion and a lot of folks like to read what I have to say.

Comment

Know-it-All,
            I don't have a problem expressing my opinion and a lot of folks like to read what I have to say.
            But, you present your opinion as news.
            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Know-it-All,
              After 5 posts you proclaim that 'a lot of folks like to read what I have to say'? Dope.
              Originally posted by mookie1995
              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

If it is your opinion, which is fine, then don't post it under "news" on your site. If you ever want anything to be done about it, you will need to provide some proof, above and beyond rink gossip or hearsay - just ask the U of Mich paper about that one.

Comment

the Daily Dish is an opinion article that runs five days a week.

In the span of me doing this, the site's popularity has grown from a little over 20,000 to nearly a quarter-million views a month.

In the very unlikely event that the EJHL would want to legally challenge my articles, the line of former players, coaches, and staff members, that I would get onto the stand, would stretch outside of the courtroom and down the block.

Considering that many of these people live within just a few hours of Boston, I'm pretty sure it's a sight that the EJHL would not want to see.

Comment

All this from a guy that lives in Mexico. The country, not the mill town in Maine. How's the junior hockey in Mexico??
                    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

UncleRay,
                      Change that to "Gets to live in Mexico." After more than my fair share of ice and snow from growing up in Alaska, the game has blessed me with the ability to live out my days on a beach. The wife is happy, the kids love it, and the site is doing better than ever. The internet, TV, and contact list gives me all the connection I need to do what I do.

With that said, why not talk about the subject matter?

Do you really believe that it is fair for a few elite players to skate on the backs of others that have to pay an inflated rate to cover the freebies? Is it really fair for teams that can't afford to do so to have to play against the teams that can and do? What possible developmental advantage is there is knowing the outcome of a game before it is even played?

Instead of addressing those issues, you decide to attack me. That's ok, I'm a big boy and can take it.

Comment

Know-it-All,
                        a lot of folks like to read what I have to say.
                        I don't.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Blog? Do you even know that definition? How about SPAM?

JuniorHockey.com is a recognized news source that is often linked to from this site. As are many other news sources.

If I get banned for raising a question that nobody cares to answer, so be it. It is always easier to sweep an issue under the rug than it is to clean it up.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll
                            and yeah... your blog/news site, when advertised here for all to see without paying for ad space is SPAM

from a Mexican who got the hel1 out!
                            You got out? Thank God, I kind of like living far away from rabid hockey fans.

It's no longer my site...look it up.

I'm glad that you are not the authority because the site is linked to from here on many different occasions. Search JuniorHockey.com and look for yourself...
                            Last edited by StephenHeisler; 09-28-2012, 12:43 PM.

Comment

OK, I'll take the bait.. What NCAA rule is being violated by the EJHL? There are plenty of junior leagues (not to mention the USNDTP) that cover all of a player's expenses or give financial aid to "deserving" players.

Comment

Working...
                              X