This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

Two weeks till the regular season begins at Matthews against Merrimack. With the impending NHL lockout, I'm so ready for college hockey to begin.

The 2012-2013 media guide is available here.
    Last edited by SkinsFan09; 10-12-2012, 12:05 PM.
    Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
    Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

No matter who you cheer for, watching gms in that barn.. something special. Go Huskies!
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I'm late on hearing this,but, Ex-Husky Ron Dongara transferring to UMass,good news,good guy,I for one miss him at NU,wishing you well brother.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...a_explains.php

One week till opening night!!

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Husky View Post
        I'm late on hearing this,but, Ex-Husky Ron Dongara transferring to UMass,good news,good guy,I for one miss him at NU,wishing you well brother.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...a_explains.php

One week till opening night!!
        .. i heard about this few months back. Good legs, good hustle.. just needs to pass that puck! ie: work on his hockey sense.
        anyway, glad he's landed on his feet & still playing the gm.. all the best.
        GO NU HOCKEY
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Again,I'm probably late on this one,but,The team's annual jersey sale is on Oct. 13th before the B.C. game,it's a dream of mine to one day own a jersey,not this year again,money is tight.

Comment

2014 recruit D Daniel Willet is a +5 thus far with Lincoln. Youngest on the team at 16.
            Northeastern Huskies

Comment

stuck with work travel all week.. can't wait until i get out to Matthews nxt Sat.
              anyway, gluck today & Wednesday, Huskies.. 3 gms in 6 days, the season is upon us!
              Go NU
              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Tough loss,but boy was it good to see them out their again!,a million thanks to GoNUXstream for allowing us to see these games for free,I cannot afford to go to any games,so it is wonderful to see them!

Comment

are the upper level premium seating of Matthews sections 35-41 and 49-55 ? When i went 2 years ago i thought i was getting upper and ended up in lower, second row around face off circle on one end and could see next to nothing.

Comment

You guys up the prices this year? $20 to see a game at Matthews is a little steep.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                      You guys up the prices this year? $20 to see a game at Matthews is a little steep.
                      Those prices are for the "premium seats, between the goal lines. There are lots of less expensive seats in the 14-16 range. All of these prices are very reasonable compared with your own, bu (They're crazy folks) and UNH.

The game will sell out -not just because of BC - because it's our "Homecoming" weekend. Come see Sarah Silverman Thursday night for as little as $12 for students. You'll expand your vocabulary!

Comment

What I wrote on DHD:

The first period was about the best that we can play. The 2nd wasn't very good and the 3rd was mediocre. If we play the whole game like we played in the first against bc I like our chances.

Roy is going to be special. Kid creates a scoring chance almost everytime he's on the ice. Saucerman was impressive as well, but he needs to learn when to be more conservative; a couple Mack odd-man rushes were squarely on him. Darcy took a few penalties, but he has an edge to him, which is exciting. The 2nd Mack goal was terrible by Rawlings but he made up for it by playing great in the 3rd. One other thing, 9 was effective tonight but enough with the hot-head reactionary penalties! Quick way to kill momentum.

All in all, 1-0, can't complain!
                        2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                        2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

^I just watched the game and I'd agree with that breakdown/ Although I don't think they played that badly in the second and third period.. Not good certinley but not awful imo. What was awful was the penalties in the second period.

Also, Roy really impressed me..

Comment

F Will Messa of Muskegon (USHL) has committed to Northeastern. Should arrive next season.
                            Northeastern Huskies

Comment

I was at the Merrimack game on Wednesday and I must say they seem to be better than I expected. Roy is pretty sick, so although MC made adjustments the key this season will be to keep Freshman out of the Box. I think they will be able to hold their own 5 on 5 if they stick tot he game plan. Pretty excited for tonight’s game with BC. It's nice to have hope early in the season. Nice to be back on here to hear all your banter about the only team that ever really matters to me! Let's make some noise tonight!
                              Last edited by RossiRules; 10-13-2012, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X