X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
    So the BC faithful spend their day in our thread because of some barely legible rant by someone who is hardly appreciated by his own fellow NU fans?
    Not just rossi. I also responded to Huskies01 or whoever. I didn't come here to troll, I've responded to specific posts.

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
    Huskie01's description of the insulting way JG effectively flipped us off (and our subsequent feelings about him) after Cro & Co. left is well stated. We watched his tweeting act with frustration. At the same time, Coach York was holding off his pal with the Capitals who wanted to send him another one our decommits, Garrett Haar, with a variety of excuses. BTW way, Haar went to Western Michigan where he made the CCHA All-Rookie team. You could have used him on Saturday night!
    I have no idea what you're talking about in regard to Haar and am inclined to believe that you don't either, but let's focus on Goudreau here. I'm curious to know what specific tweet(s) he put out there that ruffled your feathers.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      I have no idea what you're talking about in regard to Haar and am inclined to believe that you don't either, but let's focus on Goudreau here. I'm curious to know what specific tweet(s) he put out there that ruffled your feathers.
      No I think he's right on this one. Haar decommitted and as a Washington draft pick, Capitals GM McPhee (played under York at BG) called up York to see if he could get him a schollie at BC. BC held tight and said no (realistically replacing Samuelsson with Haar would have made sense but the man made the right call obviously), saving the scholarship for JG. JG committed to BC not very long after that. Haar found his way to Western Michigan, which made a freaking BRILLIANT hire in Andy Murray.

Haar was pretty forthcoming when interviewed by some papers about trying to get a spot on the BC roster with McPhee's help and then that creep CHC threw a fit on the UNH recruiting thread if you recall because he was basically stalking any potential kid that could commit to UNH and of course they landed none of the NU decommits.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Ah yes, George "if you haven't played the game you have no idea what you're talking about" McPhee.
        2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
        2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

GMGM is a clown. Win a championship then talk.
          Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
          Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            No I think he's right on this one. Haar decommitted and as a Washington draft pick, Capitals GM McPhee (played under York at BG) called up York to see if he could get him a schollie at BC. BC held tight and said no (realistically replacing Samuelsson with Haar would have made sense but the man made the right call obviously), saving the scholarship for JG. JG committed to BC not very long after that. Haar found his way to Western Michigan, which made a freaking BRILLIANT hire in Andy Murray.

Haar was pretty forthcoming when interviewed by some papers about trying to get a spot on the BC roster with McPhee's help and then that creep CHC threw a fit on the UNH recruiting thread if you recall because he was basically stalking any potential kid that could commit to UNH and of course they landed none of the NU decommits.
            Fair enough. I still don't understand what his overall point was though...

Comment

Shouldn't we be a little happier even if it's just two games? This is the first time we've been ranked in three years and we didn't get our second win of the season last year until November 18th.
              Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Not trying to bring up bad memories, but ex-NU recruit Dylan McLaughlin has the #1 play on SC today. Not sure why he de-committed, but too bad because if he brought those types of moves to NU and Hockey East, would have been a great addition.
                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                  Not trying to bring up bad memories, but ex-NU recruit Dylan McLaughlin has the #1 play on SC today. Not sure why he de-committed, but too bad because if he brought those types of moves to NU and Hockey East, would have been a great addition.
                  We'll see plenty of highlights from Kevin Roy so McLaughlin can do what he wants.
                  Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                    Yeah, that goal was silly. McLaughlin was considered the last great piece in that masterful recruiting list Cronin put together.

But what's done is done, and the class Madigan has coming in next year is formidable.

Comment

Dropped a spot to #15 in the USCHO poll. Let's split with UNH this weekend.
                      Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan09 View Post
                        dropped a spot to #15 in the uscho poll. Let's sweep unh this weekend.
                        fyp.
                        On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
                        If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

i can see them deleting Rossi's posts (although what did he say that needed censoring?.. everything i guess).. but why did they delete my post..?
                          Anyway.. nice test for the frosh tonight.. get a feeling what it is like wk in wk out on the road in HE. I'd b happy with a close gm regardless of score..
                          Go Huskies
                          GO NU HOCKEY
                          Always bullish on the future.
                          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Chris Rawlings is as Jekyll & Hyde a goalie as I've seen in a long time.. God Bless us :-)
                            GO NU HOCKEY
                            Always bullish on the future.
                            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                              Chris Rawlings is as Jekyll & Hyde a goalie as I've seen in a long time.. God Bless us :-)
                              Amen,It looks like,we need prayers for him and us if this is the rollercoaster again and again,I wonder what his teamates think about it knowing he's capable of big wins and stinkers
                              Last edited by Happy Husky; 10-26-2012, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Just highlight's the questionable decision to let Gillies out of his LOI. Makes just no sense. They have no goalie!
                                Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

Working...
                                X