This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

Well folks, it's done. I emailed Philly Mantella per RyeCheers' suggestion. A also copied President Aoun and Jack Moynihan, head of alumni relations. We'll see what they have to say if anything.

1st time in 15 years I won't be going to the Beanpot. I will however be at Sullivan's Tap watching the game for old time sake. Lets keep our fingers crossed.
    Dog House Class of 2003

"Puh Pah Playoffs!...You talk about playoffs?... You kiddin' me? Playoffs?"

55-622-73-35-418, I'm on FIRE!

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Husky Victory! View Post
      Well folks, it's done. I emailed Philly Mantella per RyeCheers' suggestion. A also copied President Aoun and Jack Moynihan, head of alumni relations. We'll see what they have to say if anything.

1st time in 15 years I won't be going to the Beanpot. I will however be at Sullivan's Tap watching the game for old time sake. Lets keep our fingers crossed.
      Drink one for me! This is going to be just the second Beanpot in 13 years I won't be going to. Go Huskies!
      Originally posted by Bakunin
      Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

..ditto, gave my 3 loge seats away to someone in my office who is taking their child for the first time. Hopefully just a good couple gms & the kids enjoy it.

I too will be somewhere, watching.. (with all the kids/ recruits we lost).. what might have been ..

and HHV, good for you.. hopefully there is just resolution!
        anyway, Go Huskies
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I also support people that cheat! Go Cronin Go!
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            ..give it up Nick, he did not cheat..
            or bet..
            GO NU HOCKEY
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              Every coach cheats u idiot. They all cheat. The smart ones don't get caught. BTW...if texting is a major violation I'd be curious what a major violation is. The institutional cheating (compromising admissions requirements) is more alarming than silly texts. I wonder if Roby thinks letting inferior academic credentials thru admissions is "fair". He reacted so defensively because...he is stinkingly defensive....just like his athletics department. In all seriousness....what pathetic conduct of a man holding a leadership position.

Comment

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
                HHV, way to go. Follow Rossi's advice and take it as far as you can. I (and many others) want Roby gone for all the crap he has done to this school. I may not be donating anymore but that it garbage. Roby would be embarrassed if he knew this story was out there.
                He hasn't been embarrassed over other things he's said/done to this program (can you imagine hearing his philosophies on ESPN as an outsider?), why would this embarrass him? I sure he's proud of himself.
                On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
                If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

First time not going in 10 years for me. I have no interest in watching this disaster of a team in the Garden.
                  On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
                  If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

For no particular reason I think the Huskies will beat bu tonight.
                    Originally posted by mookie1995
                    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Just found a line online for the game huskies +220
                      Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

Originally posted by steve66 View Post
                        Just found a line online for the game huskies +220
                        ..save your $$$
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                          For no particular reason I think the Huskies will beat bu tonight.
                          Vinny Saponari with the winner in OT, you heard it here first!

Comment

Not pretty.. (are they ever?).. but third in a row over the Terriers.. this one 'in the 'Pot'..!
                            Good hustle team.. especially on the penalty kill..

Nice job Chris Rawlings.. came through on the 'big' ice tonight. No softies.

oh & thank you Brown University.
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                              Not pretty.. (are they ever?).. but third in a row over the Terriers.. this one 'in the 'Pot'..!
                              Good hustle team.. especially on the penalty kill..

Nice job Chris Rawlings.. came through on the 'big' ice tonight. No softies.

oh & thank you Brown University.

If only NU had been able to hang on to Gaudreau and some of the other guys that left they would have a very talented team.

Comment

Nice win, Huskies. 3 wins in a row over BU, not since 1989. However, good God if we had had JG and Roy together. I am still not over it. Did anyone see Parker not shake Vinny's hand? *** and then Wade crying and holding back tears, as the 1st BU seniors since the Mayflower landed in Plymouth that didn't hoist a POT! Are you kidding me? Winning only 4 times in 65 years and I am holding back my tears in this tourney for a 1/4 century.
                                Last edited by RossiRules; 02-04-2013, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X