• Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    who is in net tonight?

An orange cone found out on the street.
    On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
    If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

Originally posted by HungryHungryHuskies View Post
      yay.. we got a slight chance..
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by HungryHungryHuskies View Post
        Final score with Rawlings 6-2 UNH
        Final score with Mountain 4-2 UNH
        Final score with Orange Cone 3-2 NU
        Doghouse Class of 2004

Hockey East Fan of the Year 2004
        NU "Superfan" Award winner 2004

Comment

Unh fan heading to matthews for the first time, is alcohol served at the arena?

Comment

Just a quick question. Looking to get to a game at Matthews and trying to choose between UVM and Providence. I know atmosphere has been lacking but what game you guys think would be the best take? They also got BU in March but it will be while students are on break, probably making the atmosphere even more abysmal.

Comment

Okay, we lost 3-1 tonight.. but some positives. We hung in most of the gm. Had a couple go off the post.. outplayed UNH in the 1st & parts of the 3rd period. We just could not finish. More seasoned team won, no question.. but it was a close game all gm.

I also liked our discipline.. just one penalty all gm (or was it 2?)..pretty good. The last 2 mins with Rawlings pulled.. so many chances. Credit to DeSmith he played very well for the Wildcats. Also some nifty shot blocking by their 'D'.

I think if we put in similar effort Monday.. (back to back ain't gonna happen i know).. we migh be able to make a game of it Monday. Oh & besides the 2nd goal, which i believe Rawlings should have had.. he actually looked.. pretty okay. Nice effort team.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

OMG, por favor, no mas! Northeastern you are so fing positive all the time you would have called Huricane Katrina just a cloudy day. Not winning 10 games is a sad, situation.

Comment

.. i know Rossi. Glass half full kinda guy.. gotta get back to that, time to time.
                  Did i mention.. we outshot 'em 2 to 1..
                  our forwards looked sluggish to finish plays.. 'D' not so much for a change..
                  GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Wait for it.. at 3:55 mark in postgame video from tonight.. blasphemy!..

Madigan: "we need that 'DogPound' to come support us.." .. gonna be waiting a while there Coach.. .. jinx..

GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                      Wait for it.. at 3:55 mark in postgame video from tonight.. blasphemy!..

Madigan: "we need that 'DogPound' to come support us.." .. gonna be waiting a while there Coach.. .. jinx..
                      THERE IS A SIGN. A GIANT SIGN. It's been there for 15+ years. It's said the same thing every single day.

It always amazes me when people get that wrong. But hey, he is showing that NU education
                      Doghouse Class of 2004

Hockey East Fan of the Year 2004
                      NU "Superfan" Award winner 2004

Comment

Originally posted by NU Speed Racer View Post
                        THERE IS A SIGN. A GIANT SIGN. It's been there for 15+ years. It's said the same thing every single day.

It always amazes me when people get that wrong.
                        wow, unbelievable. give him a break, he's shell shocked as well as being over his head .................btw,some of us that get it wrong do so by design

Comment

It always amazes me when people get that wrong. But hey, he is showing that NU education
                          I beg your pardon. What's wrong with the NU education? JM even found time (between winning Beanpots) to take advantage of Coop.

I would have expected RossiRules (a.k.a. GlassHalfBroken) to have made that wisecrack. Given his atrocious spelling (ex. huricane), I'm starting to believe that he's not really an NU alum. His spelling reminds me of an engineering major from Lowell or, more likely, an English prof. from bu!

Comment

Maybe JM and Roby have a competition going of who can say/do more stupid things and still keep their jobs. Honestly though, I think JM has coached better the last month or so. Still some head-scratchers (why is Manson a forward on PP!), but I think his overall game plan has been better. Mainly because he's increased the forecheck and stopped playing the trap so much.
                            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Just curious. Would you rather:
                              A) a Beanpot win and not make the Hockey East Playoffs
                              B) Fourth place in the Beanpot but qualifying for the Hockey East Playoffs
                              #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
                                Just curious. Would you rather:
                                A) a Beanpot win and not make the Hockey East Playoffs
                                B) Fourth place in the Beanpot but qualifying for the Hockey East Playoffs
                                The Beanpot. No doubt no question. Win it and it's something that can never be taken away, no matter how dismal the rest of the season.
                                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Working...
                                X