X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

Originally posted by steve66 View Post
    I have been bull**** about this from day 1. If it were me Johnny Gaudreau would be a freshman at BC and Gillies would be playing juniors, both signed there LOI to come to NU. Either come or sit out a year, we need you so I am not going to let you out.

Never understand, I know Roby is the one who let Johnny out, but I don't understand why Madigan let Gillies out.
    because your thinking short term, not long term. Do those types of things in back to back years, your program gains a pretty nasty reputation.
    DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Huskies01 View Post
      because your thinking short term, not long term. Do those types of things in back to back years, your program gains a pretty nasty reputation.
      Is it better than the reputation it has now? We are telling kids that if you sign something and you commit you need to follow through. Not talking about verbal commits, I am talking about kids that have signed there LOI.
      Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

Is it really that hard to understand? It doesn't get any simpler than this.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskies01 View Post
          ..this is true. While i might grind my teeth about this.. if any kid wants out, the classy thing for the U. to do is what we did in both circumstances..

Nice guys finish last.. yikes!
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Boy I wish they would go back to week 1 of beanpot times of 6 and 9.
            Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

How many years has it been since Northeastern & Harvard met in the final?..

answer: apparently not enough.. so we'll both add another.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

On another note, just read on Husky News, we lose another d-man to injury (Ellement) out 4-6 wks. Forget the Beanpot.. let's survive UNH first.. then worry about our opponent Monday. I think they'll both score some goals on us.
                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                  On another note, just read on Husky News, we lose another d-man to injury (Ellement) out 4-6 wks. Forget the Beanpot.. let's survive UNH first.. then worry about our opponent Monday. I think they'll both score some goals on us.
                  Anyone still think the Eibler defection wouldn't have much of an impact?
                  "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                    Anyone still think the Eibler defection wouldn't have much of an impact?
                    ..no kidding.

The last Lowell gm (4 unanswered goals in the 3rd & OT).. pretty much summed it up. The inexperience on 'D' going into the Beanpot & beyond will ensure a quick & fitting end to the season. Tough break for Ellement as Senior, gluck to him.
                    GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by steve66 View Post
                      Boy I wish they would go back to week 1 of beanpot times of 6 and 9.
                      i know the 5:00 start is brutal for those that work outside the city (even those inside the city) but for that 2nd game puck wouldn't drop till 9:30 usually

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                        i know the 5:00 start is brutal for those that work outside the city (even those inside the city) but for that 2nd game puck wouldn't drop till 9:30 usually
                        How about we push it a half hour back to match the half hour forward of the Consolation game? 5:30 anyone?

Between BU playing in Amherst tomorrow and the early game on Monday I have to be way more productive than I'd like to be at work today.

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                          How many years has it been since Northeastern & Harvard met in the final?..

answer: apparently not enough.. so we'll both add another.
                          Answer: Never happened
                          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                            Answer: Never happened
                            .. i know, both need Chuck Norris.
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

On a lighter note.. (before the brutal wknd).. caught this on Nesn durng the BU gm, not sure how many saw it..

******* id="sbPlayer" width="1366" height="768" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000">****** name="movie" value="http://cdn.springboard.gorillanation.com/mediaplayer/springboard/video/nesn003/899/649853/">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** name="wmode" value="transparent">****** src="http://cdn.springboard.gorillanation.com/mediaplayer/springboard/video/nesn003/899/649853/" width="1366" height="768" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent">
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Good matchup against the talented Wildcats tonight. Thought we played them well in our two previous outings.. that first gm at Whittemore we should have won (least tied).. but after the recent Lowell series.. what's new?.. we can't hold a lead.

I thought we played them much better in the 0-0 tie at Matthews last.. (somehow, something tells me this game will not go scoreless ). Our 'D' is inexperienced.. but we go with what we got.

Is Rawlings rested already?.. who is in net tonight? Does it matter?.. G'luck. Go Huskies
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X