X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

Originally posted by steve66 View Post
    ..Most guys in here if given the chance to speak to Madigan would say good luck tonight then run to there computers and say he sucks fire him..
    ..Steve, do you go around telling people 'you suck, i'm going to fire you..'. When some people realize the candidate is not a good fit.. they hopfelly starts a process or review. Maybe it is through discussion.. (discussions like the one here.. discussions i hope some higher ups in the U. will have someday, when they realize the hockey is heading in the wrong direction).

..you don't go around to people's faces belittling them.. especially if they are an alum, former player & overall positive (though misguided) contributor to the U.

Steve, do you have a job? do you get around much..? Do you play the game..? I am concerned.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
      ..Steve, do you go around telling people 'you suck, i'm going to fire you..'. When some people realize the candidate is not a good fit.. they hopfelly starts a process or review. Maybe it is through discussion.. (discussions like the one here.. discussions i hope some higher ups in the U. will have someday, when they realize the hockey is heading in the wrong direction).

..you don't go around to people's faces belittling them.. especially if they are an alum, former player & overall positive (though misguided) contributor to the U.

Steve, do you have a job? do you get around much..? Do you play the game..? I am concerned.
      Yes I do have a job, and yes I did play hockey. Why do you ask?
      Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

I did not mean hockey.. i meant .. the 'game' as in reviewing, hiring & firing employees..
        It is done a certain way.. or, as per you, we should be walking up to the glass behind Madigan.. or better.. confronting him?
        GO NU HOCKEY
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
          I did not mean hockey.. i meant .. the 'game' as in reviewing, hiring & firing employees..
          It is done a certain way.. or, as per you, we should be walking up to the glass behind Madigan.. or better.. confronting him?
          God knows the FIRE CROWDER folks were very very vocal at games (the Beanpot comes to mind) and it was not a pretty thing to witness. I think Crowder's kid got into it with some NU fans chanting to fire his dad. Yikes.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
            On a better note, Northeastern men's bball won again to improve to 8-0 in conference and are the decisive favorites to represent the CAA in the NCAA tourney. The only negative of course, is that an NCAA berth guarantees Roby isn't going anywhere. That said, congrats to Bill Coen and the team. The hockey Huskies could learn a thing or two about finishing a game from them.
            Regular season championship will mean nothing in that league. If they do not win the CAA tournament, no NCAA tournament. They have alot of ground to cover. Also helps when you are playing in one of the worst bball conferences in the country. 22 out of 33. I hope they do make it, looking forward to taking an afternoon off to watch them get curb stomped at 2PM on TBS in a 15-2 matchup against Kansas on a Thursday. I am sure that will boost the applications and "hits" on the NU website that all the bball folks constantly preach. Oh wait, are we not #1 in the country for applications anyway...

On to hockey. I will say this. JM maybe the answer if he can get the defense and goalie position to improve next year. I have been pretty vocal elsewhere that he is not the guy, but this last month has shown me something. The special teams have improved, and the forwards have picked it up a notch to be a pretty good group. Getting Karlsson back (remember him) would be helpful in playing 3 full lines. Perhaps it took a year and a half, much like a player coming back from injury, but we have two of the most exciting forwards we have had in nearly a decade in Roy and Cody flying up the ice actually trying stuff out there, the two of them are really the only reasons to still go to games.

Maybe JM, like a guy coming back from a season long injury, needed to get his feet wet when it came to coaching players and coaching assistants. Now that he has, while the results have stunk, especially leaving 3 points behind this weekend against a blah UML team, seeing what he has managed to wring out of 9 forwards every night, maybe he can get this thing turned around after he sunk it to begin with.
            DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Huskies01 View Post
              ..maybe he can get this thing turned around after he sunk it to begin with.
              ..from your mouth to god's ear.. i sincerely hope this happens.
              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Huskies01 View Post
                Regular season championship will mean nothing in that league.
                Agreed, My point was they have no excuse to not win the conference tournament. They have a bye into the semifinals and they've already beaten the 3 next best teams (Mason, Delaware and Drexel).
                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                  Agreed, My point was they have no excuse to not win the conference tournament. They have a bye into the semifinals and they've already beaten the 3 next best teams (Mason, Delaware and Drexel).
                  I hope they do, but I fully expect them to lose there first conference playoff game.

Comment

Clay Witt medical redshirt, will be a junior next year. That is why no goalie coming in next year.

Comment

Clay Witt medical redshirt, will be a junior next year. That is why no goalie coming in next year.
                      Not to be a jerk, but is this supposed to be good news??
                      Dog House Class of 2003

"Puh Pah Playoffs!...You talk about playoffs?... You kiddin' me? Playoffs?"

55-622-73-35-418, I'm on FIRE!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        God knows the FIRE CROWDER folks were very very vocal at games (the Beanpot comes to mind) and it was not a pretty thing to witness. I think Crowder's kid got into it with some NU fans chanting to fire his dad. Yikes.
                        This was mainly due to the fact that Crowder's firing came a good 2-3 years too late and the boo birds had been quickly gaining momentium.

I am well aware that this is just the start. Madigan will get 2-3 more years. It's too late now, but NU has to go through its long and unfortunate process. The chants and boos should already be starting. The Doghouse (who has gotten much nicer in the last 5 years) should already be getting on the team for their, lets call it lackluster 3rd periods. From there, the MMG chants should start up. Especially when we are elminated from the playoffs. Depending on how the Beanpot goes, and by how many people actually will be in attendance (not me), you could start to hear it then. I certainly had my moments last beanpot.

While we can all tell Aoun the program is headed in the wrong direction, and we can all talk to George about it. Or tell Roby that Madigan is not the right guy if you can catch him for the 5 minutes he's actually at a hockey game, if he shows. There also needs to be the noise from the commoners in the arena. The lower bowl alums that sit on their hands. The Doghouse and those young alums that have yet to buy into the varsity club. Matthews can be a very loud place, especially when its boos.

Just want to point out, I am fully aware that this will now start a debate on whether booing helps/hurts the team.
                        Doghouse Class of 2004

Hockey East Fan of the Year 2004
                        NU "Superfan" Award winner 2004

Comment

Jon Gillies will be a sophomore next year... for Providence. That is why we need a new head coach next year.
                          Doghouse Class of 2004

Hockey East Fan of the Year 2004
                          NU "Superfan" Award winner 2004

Comment

Originally posted by NU Speed Racer View Post
                            This was mainly due to the fact that Crowder's firing came a good 2-3 years too late and the boo birds had been quickly gaining momentium.

I am well aware that this is just the start. Madigan will get 2-3 more years. It's too late now, but NU has to go through its long and unfortunate process. The chants and boos should already be starting. The Doghouse (who has gotten much nicer in the last 5 years) should already be getting on the team for their, lets call it lackluster 3rd periods. From there, the MMG chants should start up. Especially when we are elminated from the playoffs. Depending on how the Beanpot goes, and by how many people actually will be in attendance (not me), you could start to hear it then. I certainly had my moments last beanpot.

While we can all tell Aoun the program is headed in the wrong direction, and we can all talk to George about it. Or tell Roby that Madigan is not the right guy if you can catch him for the 5 minutes he's actually at a hockey game, if he shows. There also needs to be the noise from the commoners in the arena. The lower bowl alums that sit on their hands. The Doghouse and those young alums that have yet to buy into the varsity club. Matthews can be a very loud place, especially when its boos.

Just want to point out, I am fully aware that this will now start a debate on whether booing helps/hurts the team.
                            Why are you not going to the beanpot?

Comment

Originally posted by NU Speed Racer View Post
                              Jon Gillies will be a sophomore next year... for Providence. That is why we need a new head coach next year.
                              I have been bull**** about this from day 1. If it were me Johnny Gaudreau would be a freshman at BC and Gillies would be playing juniors, both signed there LOI to come to NU. Either come or sit out a year, we need you so I am not going to let you out.

Never understand, I know Roby is the one who let Johnny out, but I don't understand why Madigan let Gillies out.

Comment

For any budding sports information majors (future alums), hockey enthusiasts out there.. came across this from a good friend, so thought i'd post here..
                                Let's get a NU alum in there..! g'luck,

http://www.brianfishmaninternship.co...8?referrer_id=
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X