Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ..update from Lowell, now a 3 goal lead for the Huskies.. hopefully they can hold the fort. Just wish they can serve beers at Matthews someday, for us 'of age' alums. :-)
    Night all
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
      Just wish they can serve beers at Matthews someday, for us 'of age' alums. :-)
      Night all
      They do... if you shell out the $$ for the varsity club.
      Celebrating 20 Years of TheDogHouse

Comment

Anybody else having problems with live stats or broadcast on your computer?
        These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen a game where I felt like apologize for... nobody got screwed but I'm just kind of dumbfounded right about now. You guys deserved better luck on the weekend.
          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
          Skating Friar Jersey
          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Originally posted by DieHardDog View Post
            They do... if you shell out the $$ for the varsity club.
            I know.. I meant for those of us in the general..in the lower..for those of us mortals in the regular seats.. and btw, Huskies just blow a 3 goal lead just now.. then find a way to lose in OT. Congrats Lowell.. always enjoy my gms here.
            NU Hockey.. buzzkill!
            GO NU HOCKEY
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

What could have easily been a 4 point weekend turns into a 1 point disaster. This team is not making the playoffs.
              Celebrating 20 Years of TheDogHouse

Comment

Wow just when I think they can't blow a two goal lead back to back nights they score again to make it a 3 goal lead and then 4 unanswered by UML to lose 5-4 in OT. They really have outdone themselves tonight.

Comment

Wow, that's all I can say. Blown leads of 3, 2, and now 3 tonight in the third period over the past two weekends. The defense and goaltending are simply atrocious and cannot close out games. Have to find Witt or give Roy a start in net.
                  "We just didn't get the lucky bounces..."

Comment

Hell of an effort guys. We got the win but you definitely didn't make it easy.
                    Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                    Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                    "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

That certainly was a choke job.

Comment

Could have had 4 points
                        Should have had 3 points
                        At a minimum should have came away with a disappointing 2 points
                        We end the weekend with 1 point

I don't even know what to say about this disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Mutha Fucha View Post
                          That certainly was a choke job.
                          2 sandwiches shy of a picnic.. that's for sure..
                          Now crawl out of your mama's basement & go get a job..
                          oh, can you Coach?..
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

I really give up..Another 1 point weekend. LOL! So Sad. Team choked but lot’s of poor coaching decisions to. OBTW, all of our goalies likely suck. Our D is suspect top to bottom our 2nd best player is graduating this year (SAP) and if any of you think that the incoming class of freshman has the talent to propel us into the top of HE standings next year your dreaming, PC, BU, BC, UNH and ND and even UML clearly way better entry classes than us. I really don’t see any reason why Roy would stay more than 1 year at most , if he comes back next year, I would say we are lucky, and beyond that, why would he? He will be gone at least to the AHL before a pro career. I look at what QU has done in the ECAC and have to admit that in a decade they have built a better program than ours with a 75 year history. That’s the difference when the schools alumni call the shots and not the AD. We suck and always do an likely always will. OMG the laws of averages would indicate that in a 4 team tournament you should win more than 3 beanpots in 100 years. But Really who cares anymore year after year of futility. Who would really want to play at NU today, top to bottom its a minagire of middle of the road prospects if you are a great talent there are so many other options, if you’re a farm boy form Saskatoon you not picking NU, no place to keep your pickup truck. Our problem is recruiting and it always will be. There are simply not enough good players to fill 90 HE roster spots in Boston, when the last 30 are are filled are at NU. Sorry. No coach could ever make this program BU or BC. I finally have realized it’s never going to happen. It took me 25 years to accept it.

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
                              I really give up..Another 1 point weekend. LOL! So Sad. Team choked but lot’s of poor coaching decisions to. OBTW, all of our goalies likely suck. Our D is suspect top to bottom our 2nd best player is graduating this year (SAP) and if any of you think that the incoming class of freshman has the talent to propel us into the top of HE standings next year your dreaming, PC, BU, BC, UNH and ND and even UML clearly way better entry classes than us. I really don’t see any reason why Roy would stay more than 1 year at most , if he comes back next year, I would say we are lucky, and beyond that, why would he? He will be gone at least to the AHL before a pro career. I look at what QU has done in the ECAC and have to admit that in a decade they have built a better program than ours with a 75 year history. That’s the difference when the schools alumni call the shots and not the AD. We suck and always do an likely always will. OMG the laws of averages would indicate that in a 4 team tournament you should win more than 3 beanpots in 100 years. But Really who cares anymore year after year of futility. Who would really want to play at NU today, top to bottom its a minagire of middle of the road prospects if you are a great talent there are so many other options, if you’re a farm boy form Saskatoon you not picking NU, no place to keep your pickup truck. Our problem is recruiting and it always will be. There are simply not enough good players to fill 90 HE roster spots in Boston, when the last 30 are are filled are at NU. Sorry. No coach could ever make this program BU or BC. I finally have realized it’s never going to happen. It took me 25 years to accept it.
                              As negative as this is it's 100% true. Being a new fan I can't help but feel I jumped onto a sinking ship in NU hockey after this weekend. At this point I would just want some direction in this program to put us among the UML, Merrimacks, and PCs of the world, just a middle of the road (maybe top 5) Hockey East team. But reality is UConn will probably pass us in a couple years in Hockey East. This weekend was just beyond deflating, but I guess even if NU got results it really wouldn't change where they are as a program. I guess it's a good thing I didn't choose grad school based on the hockey team. I'm really dumbfounded for words to describe how disastrous this weekend turned out to be. I guess the only good thing is I haven't suffered years of futility like other loyal fans here. Nonetheless I'll stick by my school and support the team as frustrating as it can be.
                              Last edited by BrocktonNU; 01-27-2013, 01:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
                                I hate to agree with this but we have all seen the movie thst played out last night before. 70 years of crap with an occasional good season sprinkled in. I do not understand why they can't be a 4-6 place team every year but its obvious they can't. Can't be that every coach that has ever been here was the wrong choice?

Based on the size of next years incoming class I am guessing that they plan is to pull the plug on this team, there will be a new team on the ice next year. Young team mist likely 8-10th but hopefully building for future. Which is all we ever do, hope for next year.
                                Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

Working...
                                X