X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

Originally posted by Motorboaters View Post
    In my opinion, Mountain didn't look that good. He gave up way too many rebounds and Lowell's second goal was a result of him falling asleep in the crease. The Lowell player scored from center ice!! His lateral movement is terrible and as I said before, he cannot control rebounds. My question is where is Witt or why don't they give Derek Roy a chance in net?
    I don't know why Witt has not played. I always thought he had superior skills to Mountain. Perhaps his groin pull was reaggravated.

As for D Roy, with three goalies already on the roster, I believe the plan was to try to redshirt him. Meanwhile, back at the rink, he has been coached and trained to be ready to play a major role next season - just as though he was recruited out of junior hockey this season.
    Those posters who have been entreating JM to recruit another goalie (with scholarship $ he doesn't have) would do well to check with their sources (on and off the team) to learn just what we have waiting in the wings.

Comment

Originally posted by NU Speed Racer View Post
      You should not feel good. You should not be happy. Yes, we got a point. Yippee. I bet Steve66 opened a bottle of champange and poured it all over his head after tonight's game.

The fact is, we had a 4-2 lead in the early 3rd.
      The fact is, Mountain let in a goal from Brookline.
      The fact is, we let leads evaporate in the last two weekends.

This is a coaching issue. This is Madigan's only job. Win games. He can't close. In one of the Timeouts tonight, he stood silently on the bench, looked at an assistant coach to ask where the face off was, then turned to the players and said "this is what we train for." We should not be training for holding on desperately for a tie. We should be training to win games 5-2.

Also Brockton, outside of BU or BC, you will have pick of the litter in terms of seating outside of the front row balony. Even in the most important of games, playoffs included, NU doesn't sell out. One of the reasons why the lowered the seat total in the last renovation.
      Ya I know I should not be happy and I am not about blowing these third period. I was just saying if you were to look at the results on paper for the UM-L game and BU game they look like solid outcomes when in reality they were not. Thanks for the info on the seating availability.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
        I don't know why Witt has not played. I always thought he had superior skills to Mountain. Perhaps his groin pull was reaggravated.

As for D Roy, with three goalies already on the roster, I believe the plan was to try to redshirt him. Meanwhile, back at the rink, he has been coached and trained to be ready to play a major role next season - just as though he was recruited out of junior hockey this season.
        Those posters who have been entreating JM to recruit another goalie (with scholarship $ he doesn't have) would do well to check with their sources (on and off the team) to learn just what we have waiting in the wings.
        Good point,looking at Witt's number's,I'm also tempted to think that Witt would be a better choice than Mountain,sure he had his best year in 2010,but last year was acceptable.As for D.Roy I would like to know more about him,is he another reason K.Roy came/will stay.What does the future hold?,are there any goalies coming? Should we draft some in the near future?

Below are Witt's NU stats.

http://gonu.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2219&path=mhockey

Comment

Witt wasn't dressing earlier in the season because of an injury. The fact that we haven't seen him on the bench recently leads me to believe that he's still trying to get back up to speed in practices and isn't game ready yet. (For that matter, who really is game ready?) As for last night's game, the officiating was awful. Another one where the refs decided to make their presence known when it wasn't needed. A pretty young linesman (new guy?) must have kicked 12 guys out of the faceoff circle and the penalty that was called for Lowell's game-tying goal was pathetic. I believe it was Saucerman who bumped a guy from behind in the corner and the next thing you know the guy is flat on the ice like a freight train hit him.
          We need 2 points tonight. My guess is Rawlings gets put back in net.
          Celebrating 20 Years of TheDogHouse

Comment

Originally posted by DieHardDog View Post
            As for last night's game, the officiating was awful. Another one where the refs decided to make their presence known when it wasn't needed. A pretty young linesman (new guy?) must have kicked 12 guys out of the faceoff circle and the penalty that was called for Lowell's game-tying goal was pathetic. I believe it was Saucerman who bumped a guy from behind in the corner and the next thing you know the guy is flat on the ice like a freight train hit him.
            Fully agree with this. Those refs weren't good at all. On the Saucerman penalty, Wilson was already falling down. As a Lowell fan, I'll take the gift, but it should not have been called.
            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Steve. NEVER COME TO A NU GAME EVER AGAIN. The Boston Arena is a national landmark. The term "Barn" comes from this very place. It is the oldest indoor arena in America. At one point it hosted 3 college hockey teams and an NHL team.

It is a national treasure. Living history.

Fenway. Wrigley. Original Yankees Stadium. Lambeau. Cotton Bowl. These are places that while don't have the bells and whistles that the current generations are used to, are amazing stadiums that people travel across the country for. Our arena is one of those places.

I am now coming to the conclusion that you aren't really a fan of NU and have just chosen them out of convenience.

Also, I would LOVE to hear which arena in Hockey East you think is a better rink.

Basically you just said it was the oldest and has the most non NU history in it. You don't think BU's rink is nicer?

I have come to the conclusion that you are just a giant loser who has nothing going on in his life. Did you even play hockey anywhere, or did you just pick it up in some men's league 8 years ago. You get to wear you NU game jersey that you bought with someone else's name on it.
              Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post

Speed Racer I am shocked that you didn't know this? I mean you know like 50 guys that played at NU and you give money and you wear an NU game jersey everynight? What happened????

Comment

Originally posted by BrocktonNU View Post
                  Ya I know I should not be happy and I am not about blowing these third period. I was just saying if you were to look at the results on paper for the UM-L game and BU game they look like solid outcomes when in reality they were not. Thanks for the info on the seating availability.
                  I actaully was disappointed when I saw they had the lead in the 3rd and ended up tieing. I'll save the champagne.

Comment

Any good streams online to watch college hockey free, not gonna pay 10$ to watch the game through UMass-Lowell, I'll listen if I must.

Comment

Any good streams online to watch college hockey free, not gonna pay 10$ to watch the game through UMass-Lowell, I'll listen if I must.
                      I will be listening in on the audio stream also.

No,other than GONUxtream, I know of no free ones,I am so thankful for the NU stream,esp. for the high quality all around,the guys that put it together do a commendable job,it's things like this that make new fans,keep them and bring them to the games.
                      Last edited by Happy Husky; 01-26-2013, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by steve66 View Post
                        Basically you just said it was the oldest and has the most non NU history in it. You don't think BU's rink is nicer?
                        And there it is. The truth comes out. Of all the rinks in Hockey East you pick BU's.

No, I do not find BU's generic cookie cutter 6k seat arena nicer.

I think its time for Steve to stop trolling around in the NU thread while wearing his Red and White jersey.
                        Doghouse Class of 2004

Hockey East Fan of the Year 2004
                        NU "Superfan" Award winner 2004

Comment

Originally posted by NU Speed Racer View Post
                          And there it is. The truth comes out. Of all the rinks in Hockey East you pick BU's.

No, I do not find BU's generic cookie cutter 6k seat arena nicer.

I think its time for Steve to stop trolling around in the NU thread while wearing his Red and White jersey.
                          HAHAHA, I hate BU more than anything. I do not love BU's arena but it is nicer than NU's. All of the improvements that you and your $500 donations helped build, you still think they are nicer than what the BU athletes have at Agganis? C'mon, be realistic, being honest with yourself is a good thing.

Comment

Speed Racer, is he being a good fan but not ponying up the $10? Is he part of the problem at NU?

Comment

Rawlings on the bench again, people love it.
                              These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Husky View Post
                                I will be listening in on the audio stream also.

No,other than GONUxtream, I know of no free ones,I am so thankful for the NU stream,esp. for the high quality all around,the guys that put it together do a commendable job,it's things like this that make new fans,keep them and bring them to the games.
                                I love that they stream their games for free online. GONUxstream is an awesome thing. I wonder how much money these smaller schools like Lowell make charging 100 dollars for a season pass or 10 bucks to watch a game. Anyway I am grateful NU makes their games so accessible.

Comment

Working...
                                X