X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

Originally posted by Huskies01 View Post
    When Cody left BC for NU he was not sending out daily updates.
    Jesus, out of all these names out there, Cody is the worst of all. No coaching change and then he ran to the media and went off sounding like Chris Bourque to ushr and the papers so he could weasel out of his commitment (2-for-4) that he had agreed upon earlier.

Not all that different from Roy except that Roy was somewhat quiet about it.

JG had a coaching change and wanted to make the move, which is a lot more acceptable than the previous two mentioned. Oh noes, he was tweeting about things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 10-15-2012, 10:49 AM.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Haven't seen Roy, but I'd have to question how much you've seen of Gaudreau. He had five penalties total last year for 10 minutes. He's a different player than Gerbe/Gionta. He doesn't play with that edge.
      Since when did Huskies01 ever know what he was talking about on this forum?
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        Since when did Huskies01 ever know what he was talking about on this forum?
        what!.. you gotta know what you're talking about on this forum?..
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
          what!.. you gotta know what you're talking about on this forum?..
          Unless you pay for extra.

Anyway, the biggest difference between the ferriero and gaudreau situations is that ferriero sucks at hockey
          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Haven't seen Roy, but I'd have to question how much you've seen of Gaudreau. He had five penalties total last year for 10 minutes. He's a different player than Gerbe/Gionta. He doesn't play with that edge.
            I agree here. Biggest difference in my eyes is Gaudreau is more of a playmaker, Roy is a more natural scorer but both can do either. Roy's quicker, Gaudreau has more straight line speed. I'll take Gaudreau behind the net, Roy in front of the net.
            Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
            Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
              Unless you pay for extra.

Anyway, the biggest difference between the ferriero and gaudreau situations is that ferriero sucks at hockey
              He had 15 points in 17 games before going down last year but okay.

I really don't know why the Gaudreau thing is still even relevant at all. He and Cronin are the past. I don't blame JG, the entire coaching staff he committed to was wiped clean, not just Cronin.

What Roy did was less than admirable leaving so late but no surprise, a 5 star recruit bolts the ECAC for Hockey East.
              Last edited by SkinsFan09; 10-15-2012, 11:09 AM.
              Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                He had 15 points in 17 games before going down last year but okay.

I really don't know why the Gaudreau thing is still even relevant at all. He and Cronin are the past.
                Ask rossi, if he hasn't spontaneously combusted by now.
                National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
                two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
                b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

.. I'll take Gaudreau behind the net, Roy in front of the net.
                  ..wouldn't that have been swell .
                  Oh well.. win or lose, let's try have another solid effort Saturday.
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
                    Ask rossi, if he hasn't spontaneously combusted by now.
                    So the BC faithful spend their day in our thread because of some barely legible rant by someone who is hardly appreciated by his own fellow NU fans?
                    Northeastern Huskies

Comment

We crack the top 15.. well, something.
                      GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                        We crack the top 15.. well, something.
                        The initial poll standing is nice but when you get the stuporfans taking time out of their droll days to spew vitriol on your thread, you know you're being noticed.
                        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

So the BC faithful spend their day in our thread because of some barely legible rant by someone who is hardly appreciated by his own fellow NU fans?
                          I wish "Rossi" Would consider changing his handle. "Groucho" would seem more appropos. Rico Rossi was a terrific character and a skilled pest on the ice. I loved watching him create situations that earned the enmity of every other team and their fans. This poster is a skilled pest on the keyboard. His wishes for Gaudreau's demise are completely out of line and do not represent the feelings of 99.9% of the NU fans. He has forgotten that this is a game played by young humans.

Huskie01's description of the insulting way JG effectively flipped us off (and our subsequent feelings about him) after Cro & Co. left is well stated. We watched his tweeting act with frustration. At the same time, Coach York was holding off his pal with the Capitals who wanted to send him another one our decommits, Garrett Haar, with a variety of excuses. BTW way, Haar went to Western Michigan where he made the CCHA All-Rookie team. You could have used him on Saturday night!

You are right, about Ferriero's decommit. Very public. Very disrespectful. I'm sorry that he was used as an example. He can play some hockey. He has even showed some grit! He suffered a season ending knee injury against UVM last year, but remained in the game long enough to complete a hat trick.

Those of us who know what really happened are not angry with Cronin et al for leaving. It was caused by an overzealous AD who freaked he learned that the coaches had texted committed recruits more than once a week. (It's legal now) The AD didn't fire anyone. He found other ways to make the hockey staff miserable.

I hope I've been able to clarify some misconceptions. We should stop treating each other like dirt (bu) and simply root for a competive rematch next Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
                            ..We should stop treating each other like dirt (bu) and simply root for a competive rematch next Saturday
                            ha,ha.. well stated.
                            The rest of your post as well. Nice job.
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
                              I wish "Rossi" Would consider changing his handle...His wishes for Gaudreau's demise are completely out of line and do not represent the feelings of 99.9% of the NU fans.
                              Totally agree. There are plenty of ways to snipe at BC but wishing for an opponent's early demise isn't one of them.
                              Last edited by Split-N; 10-15-2012, 03:23 PM.
                              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

I really don't know why the Gaudreau thing is still even relevant at all. He and Cronin are the past.

This, this and this. We're 2-0 with one helluva freshman forward and a pretty darn good freshman class overall. The stock is rising and it would appear us NU fans have a lot to look forward to in the coming weeks, months and years. Let's just hate Gaudreau for being another skilled, midget forward playing at the end of the B line and leave it at that.
                                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X