This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

Of course now texting is okay.. mad AD..poor Cronin.. just ahead of his time a bit..
    per CHN..

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...t_scouting.php
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I can't even remember...did Cronin actually break any rules (at NU)? I thought he was removed from the bench for that game at BC following the Beanpot as a precautionary measure in case he did?

Comment

..in the end, nope.
        GO NU HOCKEY
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

All sanctions imposed on Cronin,and inherited by Madigan, were pre-emptive strikes by AD Roby, to show the NCAA that he was on top of his business. Previously, another sport had been penalized by the NCAA and Roby was afraid that the NCAA was going to see Cronins' (as Roby saw them) infractions as a sign that Athletics was (laugh here) out of control at NU, and that severe penalties would be handed down. Basically, Roby panicked and over-reacted.

Comment

ROBY MUST GO! Is there anyone that can start a Roby Must Go facebook page or something. Sad to say, I don't know how to use Facebook or I'd do it. NU Speed Racer...you interested?
            Dog House Class of 2003

"Puh Pah Playoffs!...You talk about playoffs?... You kiddin' me? Playoffs?"

55-622-73-35-418, I'm on FIRE!

Comment

Start a petition.. bring it to Matthews Arena.. the Varsity Club.. then the Doghouse.. heck any athletic event on campus.. you'll get your signatures.

Rossi, you listening?..

Petition.. it'll get it done.. it'll get it started at least. My 0.02..
              otherwise kids on ice are skating blind being led this way.. It's a joke.
              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

For those like us that care about men's hockey first and foremost, a decision to get rid of Roby is a no brainer. Unfortunately, President A sees a men's soccer tournament win, a men's basketball undefeated conference record, good women's hockey, volleyball and field hockey teams and is ok with a bad hockey team. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Roby has convinced Auon that men's basketball is the number 1 sport at the school. Basically i get the feeling that Auon would like to win a Beanpot, but other than that he doesn't really care about the program.
                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                  ..he can't coach, Steve.

He is an evaluator of talent.. not a 'behind the bench..nuts & bolts' D1 Coach.. that is all. I wish the University never proclaimed there was a 'National Search'.. bs.. there never was. Just a 'inhouse' conversation between AD & someone (Madigan), from within the U..
                  L
                  Heck look at Quinnipiac.. how much 'blue chip' talent on paper do th

have? It's the coaching pal.. wake up!
                  Buddy, you need to wake up. Pecknold has long been conversed a great tecruiter and a weak coach.
                  Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                    Start a petition.. bring it to Matthews Arena.. the Varsity Club.. then the Doghouse.. heck any athletic event on campus.. you'll get your signatures.

Rossi, you listening?..

Petition.. it'll get it done.. it'll get it started at least. My 0.02..
                    otherwise kids on ice are skating blind being led this way.. It's a joke.
                    Start your petition, you guys are a bunch of losers. Funny thing, when you guys get your new coach and in 3 years from now after a blowout game against BC and everyone is saying new coach can't coach we'll just start the process again.

Comment

That's what happens when you don't win.

As for pecknold, they seem to always have a winning record and are having a real breakout year in the ECAC. With the recent move to ECAC and a new building, they have some real momentum.

Comment

Steve, anyone who has a different pov than you is a loser or a clown.. fine.
                        Anyway, cheer up.. the worst is yet to come.. maybe you or I will have a change of heart
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by steve66 View Post
                          Start your petition, you guys are a bunch of losers. Funny thing, when you guys get your new coach and in 3 years from now after a blowout game against BC and everyone is saying new coach can't coach we'll just start the process again.
                          Steve, if I read this right, you say the next coach will fail, too, and then the process will start over again. So, you don't think there is any hope for the Hockey Program to ever succeed?

Comment

Originally posted by steve66 View Post
                            Buddy, you need to wake up. Pecknold has long been conversed a great tecruiter and a weak coach.
                            Oh, you mean the guy who's best recruit on paper last year was Josh Manson? Quinnipiac is 18-3-3 because of coaching, not because of talent. Yale, Union, Dartmouth and Harvard (before the suspensions) all have more talent on paper than QU does. The guy has also been in a coaching role for over 20 seasons now and hasn't been under .500 since they've been a D1 program. He's been a good recruiter and a better coach.
                            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
                              Steve, if I read this right, you say the next coach will fail, too, and then the process will start over again. So, you don't think there is any hope for the Hockey Program to ever succeed?
                              I am hopefully, but we do have 70 years of history here. NU is never going to be BU, its just not going to happen. What I am saying is that if they fire Madigan, we will have the same exodus out the door just like Cronin. You guys think all of these recruits that are coming in are going to stay with a new regime? Kids commit to coach's, not schools. Garrett Haar admitted then when he decommitted to NU.

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                                Oh, you mean the guy who's best recruit on paper last year was Josh Manson? Quinnipiac is 18-3-3 because of coaching, not because of talent. Yale, Union, Dartmouth and Harvard (before the suspensions) all have more talent on paper than QU does. The guy has also been in a coaching role for over 20 seasons now and hasn't been under .500 since they've been a D1 program. He's been a good recruiter and a better coach.
                                I know all about Q, I went there.

Comment

Working...
                                X