This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

Exactly the past historical performance is unacceptable I have 50 co-ops in my firm who feel the same way. If you are on the 10k givers plus list you received the email. So far I have 196 positive responses. The time is now.

Comment

NU’s Goalie situation is what it is. During the past Four years two different coaching staffs have decided that Chris Rawlings is better than the other goalies. Greg Cronin recognized the need for another option and recruited, and signed one of the top goalie prospects in North America, Jon Gillies.
      This has not been a very good year for NU hockey and will next year be an improvement? Who will be our goalie? Why have the coaches stopped recruiting in BC ? Is it true that the AD will not let them recruit in BC? If so then NU needs a new AD, one who believes that winning is more important than being politically correct!

Comment

Is everything with Rob Rudnick? He wasn't doing play-by-play last week against Maine and I didn't see him in the building last night. Of the HE teams local announcers, he is up there with the best.
        2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
        2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
          Exactly the past historical performance is unacceptable I have 50 co-ops in my firm who feel the same way. If you are on the 10k givers plus list you received the email. So far I have 196 positive responses. The time is now.
          And who are you recommending for new coach?
          Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

Originally posted by steve66 View Post
            LaPlante should have got the job two years ago, and I still think he's an excellent option.
            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by steve66 View Post
              Steve.. you are such an apologist for Madigan, its not funny anymore.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Steve, I am with you in that barring scandal or an unprecedented win/loss record, firing a college hockey coach after two years just isn't going to happen. What I want to know is how many years you think he should be given and what level of results will satisfy you?

Comment

Originally posted by roma View Post
                  ...If so then NU needs a new AD, one who believes that winning is more important than being politically correct!
                  I disagree with the "if so" part.

To address Rossi's previous post, while I endorse the effort to mobilize the donors, nothing is going to come of it for two reasons: 1) The AD is a kindred spirit of the uber-politically correct crowd that dominate the upper echelons of the administration. If anything is to come of this, it will have to come from the Trustees, and I just don't see it happening. 2) I don't think anyone in the administration is going to lose sleep over what the $10K donors might think about anything--let alone the athletic program. High six and on into the seven figures, maybe.
                  "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Steve, I am with you in that barring scandal or an unprecedented win/loss record, firing a college hockey coach after two years just isn't going to happen. What I want to know is how many years you think he should be given and what level of results will satisfy you?
                    Hmmmm. I seem to remember a school that recognized its mistake and moved to correct it after just two seasons, and they won the Beanpot in that second season, too. Remember the glorious Steve Cedorchuk Era at BC? The difference in these two situations is that the Administration at NU thinks the poor performance by the Hockey Program is acceptable.

Comment

That's true, I thought someone might bring that up after I posted, but wasn't there a scholarship fiasco involved? He mismanaged the scholarships he was giving out. That has to be the reason he was fired because they went from 9-24-5 in year one to 15-16-5 in year two. Back then, no way he got canned just because of the W/L record.

Comment

Yes, there was talk of a badly managed scholarship situation. (I think it was a big part of why Mike Milbury took and dropped the job so quickly.) But look at NU's goalie situation - they're not handling their scholarships particularly well, either. As for the second year improvement in Cedorchuk's W/L record, that was kind of misleading. It was apparent that BC's talent level had dropped immensely in the two years Cedorchuk had the job. Cedorchuk was giving four year deals to players that should have received partials, or walk-on offers. For a Blue Ribbon Program, it was a stunningly fast decline. While NU Hockey isn't regarded as a Blue Ribbon Program, it certainly can do better.

Comment

Right, but what I'm saying is had he not bungled the scholarships, he would have been given at least a 3rd year based on the W/L improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            Right, but what I'm saying is had he not bungled the scholarships, he would have been given at least a 3rd year based on the W/L improvement.
                            Right, and what I'm saying is who's bungled a hockey program worse than NU lately? You don't think two years of this is enough?

Comment

• Enough. Bring back LaPlante.. or (this time).. do a proper search for HC.. someone 'qualified'..not just a scout.

Oh & instead of 'in house conversations' with the AD...try a vetting process..

http://milton.patch.com/articles/milton-resident-jim-madigan-discusses-his-new-coaching-job

just ridiculous..
                              GO NU HOCKEY
                              Always bullish on the future.
                              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

As a BC fan, no, I don't think two years of this is enough

I know you guys don't want to hear it, but barring scandal or a scholarship fiasco, etc...Madigan will be back next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X