X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

Originally posted by Happy Husky View Post
    Great point Steve,can you,or anyone tell me why someone couldnt have told Gillies he would be the starter
    Was the issue who would start, or was the issue not having a scholarship available?
    Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
    Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Originally posted by DieHardDog View Post
      Mountain is a senior.
      That is up for debate as he may have a red-shirt year since he did not play in one of them. He could back for one more. And based on the fact they have not signed a goalie for next year, i would think he is.
      DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

How can it not be priority #1 to find a solid regular goaltender for next year. This is obviously THE biggest problem for the team currently. I just don't believe that the coaching staff havent scouted and are close to getting a good goalie for next season.
        Dog House Class of 2003

"Puh Pah Playoffs!...You talk about playoffs?... You kiddin' me? Playoffs?"

55-622-73-35-418, I'm on FIRE!

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Husky Victory! View Post
          How can it not be priority #1 to find a solid regular goaltender for next year. This is obviously THE biggest problem for the team currently. I just don't believe that the coaching staff havent scouted and are close to getting a good goalie for next season.
          In addition to Witt and possibly Mountain, we have Derrick Roy, Kevin's older brother. We have only seen him play in the exhibition game against St. X where he looked like he belonged. Only the coaching stagg can tell how much he has benefitted from red-shirting this year and from the exposure he has received. The coaches know how important goaltending is. If they don't believe that they have a D1 keeper, they will get one. As far as I can tell, they have pretty much completed next year's class without adding a goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
            The coaches know how important goaltending is. If they don't believe that they have a D1 keeper, they will get one.
            Problem is, they currently think they have a legitimate D1 goaltender in Chris Rawlings. Scary.
            Dog House Class of 2003

"Puh Pah Playoffs!...You talk about playoffs?... You kiddin' me? Playoffs?"

55-622-73-35-418, I'm on FIRE!

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Husky Victory! View Post
              Problem is, they currently think they have a legitimate D1 goaltender in Chris Rawlings. Scary.
              I get to Matthews early every game to see warmups, and Rawlings scares me even when he's warming up sometimes. Not a great feeling to have right before a game.

I thought the Maine game was better that we've been playing lately, particularly on the defensive end. Loved seeing the play of Lauwers and Manson (other than his whiff on the offensive end...easy goal, should have had that.) Very physical, it's nice to have some sort of presence in the defensive end with those two.

Comment

I'm watching the Harvard- Yale gm & when the Eli were (are) up by 3 goals.. their HC is still actively coaching the bench.. constantly.

I switch to the NU gm.. crickets from JM. JM standing still watching as NU is (was) up by 3 goals. Then up by 2.. then up by 1.. then tie gm.. then he realizes.. wow, i had better call a timeout. Bit of coaching now might be a good idea to settle things..

Nothing will change.. regardless of team hustle, unless he does. Learning on the job continues..
                GO NU HOCKEY
                Always bullish on the future.
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

That had to feel good for Saponari. Ugly third but it's always good to beat BU.

Comment

Barring the usual suspects.. we suck. After gm got to 5-3 NU.. how many of you had that gm tied, before Vinny put it away..
                    ..not going to fly tomorrow night..for that matter any other time this season..
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I paid $140 bucks for 4 seats at the glass row 1 in sec 111. I had a great time giving crap to BU kids 25 years younger than me and having actual beers in the concessions. However, we folded like a tent in the 3rd and gave up 3 goals in 5 minutes! That’s unacceptable. Roy, Vinny and Cody are the real deal of course, and all are quite offensively talented and that’s great, but it's our D, all 3 lines, are very suspect. Also, noteworthy, in every game since the the Harvard game Rawlings looks lost between the pipes, he really didn’t have a great save all night.

So, “yes” happy of course, with 2 points but this was not text book hockey by any means. We got lucky against a BU team that played poorly and had only slighter worse goal tending than us. We were lucky to escape with 2 points. Did the game look slow on TV? It looked slow to me at the glass and my son and his friends thought he same thing after watching the Providence v Lowell game on Thursday night this one looked 1/2 speed. We will need to play much better tomorrow.

I can’t go tomorrow because my son has a varsity game at 6pm . So I gave away my 4 season tix to 4 of my non NU co-op students, from south of the Mason Dixon line, who now live in Boston but have never been to Matthews. You guys be loud tomorrow night! I will see if I can't record the GoNU cast to the DVR.
                      Last edited by RossiRules; 01-18-2013, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
                        I. You guys be loud tomorrow night! I will see if I can't record the GoNU cast to the DVR.
                        There's no need to do that. The HD broadcast will be available On Demand shortly after the game ends. It is incredibly clear.

Comment

..wow. Well, glad i skipped tonight's contest. Better team won, nothing more, nothing less.
                          Take the 2 pts from the wknd.. just game at a time this season.
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Ouch...
                            Last edited by RossiRules; 01-19-2013, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Here is a hint, when Mr. DeWolfe says its time for a new AD and Hockey coach ..its like EF Hutton form the 70's and 80's saying people listen… an embarrassing loss in front in front of 4000 people and 200 top endowment givers, says you may want to start looking for a new job. I certainly cant keep giving thousands to this program year after year 1st meeting of alumni to bounce both Roby and Madigan... in Wellesley next week. email has been sent.

Comment

• Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
                                Here is a hint, when Mr. DeWolfe says its time for a new AD and Hockey coach ..its like EF Hutton form the 70's and 80's saying people listen… an embarrassing loss in front in front of 4000 people and 200 top endowment givers, says you may want to start looking for a new job. I certainly cant keep giving thousands to this program year after year 1st meeting of alumni to bounce both Roby and Madigan... in Wellesley next week. email has been sent.
                                Yeah cause bc never killed Nu until madigan was coach
                                Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

Working...
                                X