X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    At least Northeasterns top F potted 2 more last night
    ..i'm not sure about the 'top forward' thingy dad.. but.. he would have had a couple more points had he passed the puck on few of our odd man rushes & either parked himself in the slot (for the umpteen rebounds).. or celebrate when his linemates scored instead of taking shots from the blue line..

then.. perhaps.. hope for him.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Sully75 View Post
      It absolutely sickens me to see GAUDREAU & GILLIES skating for the Gold Medal USA team. All u hockey experts who were so critical of Cronin & Staff should have ur heads examined. I watched that pathetic hockey game tonight & was disgusted at the lack of consistency & identity displayed. I couldn't help do the name "math". Let's add Oleksiak (ya...maybe he would have been gone by now but he would have been there his soph year), Bitetto (who went from all HE rookie to scrap heap post Cronin), Eibler (loved this guy as a freshman...see Bitetto), DDaniels (played hard...had an edge), Haar (CCHA all rookie & narrow miss on USA WJC). Let's add Gillie's who would be solving a lot of NU problems (he walked away after seeing this train wreck in the forecast). Oh...and let's ALL add Gaudreau, Kovacs, Dongara (see Bitetto & Eibler post Cronin), J Daniels (who at least had some interest in hockey pre Madigan). How good could this Team have been: size, skill (at least one Hobey candidate), mature defense and great goaltending & solid depth....not to mention possibly a few more great recruits fro. Albie and Laplante (that will upgrade Harvards depleted roster in the next few years). Also...NU played hard & was at least a 500 club with the same inconsistent goalie. Why??. Because the previous staff developed the players and coached them UP. NU was on it's way to building a winner (just look at the names in the math above). Half u "experts" had no idea how good u had it until it is gone. you had a great staff & lost it all. I can't watch this anymore...not just because this is a train wreck...but also because the "could have been" images I had that were relevant when NU beat bully BU AT BU in HE playoffs 2 years ago and went to OT in BPot Final vs BC in one of greatest games in BPot history. Those were supposed to be the snapshots of a bright future...instead NU has a bunch of whiners about Rawlings failures.....HE didn't lose the game tonight. The Team did, because they have no Team.

Your right, this team was on its way. That incoming class that would have been sophomore's this year would have looked good hear. I have said all year this team sucks! Roy, and that is about it, hopefully he is a 3 to 4 year player and can be something they can build around. Gaudreau and Gillies who had signed there LOI and were let out will always blow my mind, people tell me I am wrong but I still can't figure out why I am wrong. Should have made them come here or sit out a year.

Cronin should have stayed, and from what I hear from people who know him he regrets his decision to leave. Roby ****ed him off so bad he jumped ship, but he regrets it. I still think Madigan needs more time, the school committed to him so they need to give him time. Everything I have heard about this guy is that he is a great recruiter, very knowledgible about hockey, very passionate, and a great person. Find it hard to believe that all the kids hate him. He is a hard worker and expects that from his players, thats probably the problem. Kids today, you look at them sideways and they go running to their parents saying the coach yelled at them.

I am still a fan, still going to go to games, just bought my beanpot tickets. Hope for the best.
      Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
        ..i'm not sure about the 'top forward' thingy dad.. but.. he would have had a couple more points had he passed the puck on few of our odd man rushes & either parked himself in the slot (for the umpteen rebounds).. or celebrate when his linemates scored instead of taking shots from the blue line..

then.. perhaps.. hope for him.

He is a goal scorer. Thats what they do.

He is teams tip f

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
          He is teams tip
          The tip is the most sensitive part of a team.

Comment

Tanner Pond of Sioux City USHL has committed to Northeastern today

Comment

Another kid named Dalen Hedges also coming to NU

Comment

Originally posted by steve66 View Post
                Roy, and that is about it, hopefully he is a 3 to 4 year player
                Good luck with that.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by steve66 View Post
                  Another kid named Dalen Hedges also coming to NU
                  Top 3 scorer in the CCHL
                  Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                  Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Omg, Tanner Pond has 16 pts, 114 PM's and a -9 so far. Here is the big issue I currently see, great, we are getting players form the USHL, arguably the top jr. league, but we are we getting the better player, than our competition? I mean in 2 prior years with CR RR Pond has 20 points give me a break. We need to recruit over seas, from Russia, and the Czeeh Republic and be the fist college in the US to do so consistently. We need to be what Texas Western was to NCAA BB in the 1960’s. We need that kind of vision and a hockey coach like Don Haskins.

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
                      Omg, Tanner Pond has 16 pts, 114 PM's and a -9 so far. Here is the big issue I currently see, great, we are getting players form the USHL, arguably the top jr. league, but we are we getting the better player, than our competition? I mean in 2 prior years with CR RR Pond has 20 points give me a break. We need to recruit over seas, from Russia, and the Czeeh Republic and be the fist college in the US to do so consistently. We need to be what Texas Western was to NCAA BB in the 1960’s. We need that kind of vision and a hockey coach like Don Haskins.
                      Sorry Rossi, not every recruited forward can lead the league (remember Chad Costello?) or even lead his team in scoring - although we do have one of those this year. Pond has the rep of being an extremely tough hard nosed responsible player who will find the net from time to time. Sounds like a description of JM himself!

The recruiting is pretty much done, unless there is any unexpected loss or terrific walkon opportunity. We lose 4 forwards, one of whom skates and hustles and and has accumulated exactly 1 assist in 3 1/2 years. In subtraction we lose a schizophrenic goalie, but have two or three returning who can probably do the job if they have defensive help.

We are bringing in 5 capable forwards in Szmatula, Stevens, Ferriero, Hedges and Pond as well as a highly regarded defenseman in Michael Benning plus several potential "depth" players. It looks like a pretty good class where we are bringing in more than we are losing.
                      Last edited by Ryecheers; 01-08-2013, 03:43 PM.

Comment

From ushr.

Northeastern had a good week as they have added three players for next fall -- all should provide immediate help.

First, the Huntington Ave. faithful will be looking to 5’7”, 165 lb. Nepean (CCHL) forward Dalen Hedges to put up points. The 3/30/94 birthdate has been tearing up the Ottawa junior loop for three years now. The son of NHL agent Rolland Hedges currently sports a 17-22-39 scoring line in just 21 games played, good for 3rd in league scoring. Over the course of the last three seasons Hedges has scored 223 points in 138 Jr. A games.

Next, look for 5’9”, 170 lb. Valley Junior Warriors (EJHL) defenseman Jake Schecter to give the Huskies a reliable presence on the backend. The 3/9/93 birthdate was a vital cog in Lawrence Academy’s championship team last season. Through 20 games played this year the smooth-skating defenseman has produced an 0-9-9 scoring line.

Finally, the Huskies scooped up 6’0”, 170 lb. power forward Tanner Pond from the Sioux City Musketeers (USHL). The Commerce, Mich. native will be well accepted by the “Dog Pound” as he plays hard and without fear. A 5/31/93 birthdate, Pond has produced a 9-7-16 scoring line through 30 games to go along with 114 penalty minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
                          Sorry Rossi, not every recruited forward can lead the league (remember Chad Costello?) or even lead his team in scoring - although we do have one of those this year. Pond has the rep of being an extremely tough hard nosed responsible player who will find the net from time to time. Sounds like a description of JM himself!

The recruiting is pretty much done, unless there is any unexpected loss or terrific walkon opportunity. We lose 4 forwards, one of whom skates and hustles and and has accumulated exactly 1 assist in 3 1/2 years. In subtraction we lose a schizophrenic goalie, but have two or three returning who can probably do the job if they have defensive help.

We are bringing in 5 capable forwards in Szmatula, Stevens, Ferriero, Hedges and Pond as well as a highly regarded defenseman in Michael Benning plus several potential "depth" players. It looks like a pretty good class where we are bringing in more than we are losing.
                          Which is why I have been saying that we need to give JM time. Time to get his players here. This years team is terrible, from goalie on out. I had them fighting for final playoff spot which is where they are going to be. Future is where we need to be looking.

Comment

Brian Burke was just fired by the Leafs. Cronin may be looking for work soon

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              Brian Burke was just fired by the Leafs. Cronin may be looking for work soon
                              University should welcome him back.. make JM the AD or some kind of role in the Athletic operation.

If there is a way to do it.. this should be done. Yes, it is wishful thinking.
                              GO NU HOCKEY
                              Always bullish on the future.
                              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Even though he is a PC guy, they should bring in Burke to run the show, Cronin as lead recruiter. Better roles for each. Cronin was not the best in-game coach.
                                Last edited by Huskies01; 01-09-2013, 03:07 PM.
                                DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Working...
                                X