This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    On the parking.. if driving down Huntington, right on Mass Ave, then right on Columbus Ave.. 1/2 mile down (after the baseball fields) take a right onto the Camden Lot. Tell the guard you are there for NU hockey..the parking is free.

On the tix.. they're not quite free, but plenty available this season.
    G'luck
    Thanks for the great parking info! Parking is free for Bentley home games also, but sadly we play 3 miles off campus in Watertown. Perhaps some day we will get a rink on campus, but it probably will require a FF appearance.

Comment

• Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

Saturday is pots & pans night. Bring some ear plugs.
      Celebrating 20 Years of TheDogHouse

Comment

Bentely has some pretty good players.. i expect them to come out storming in the first period. Hopefully our team has learned after the Harvard game, to keep up the inensity for the entire 60 minutes.. regardless of score.
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by DieHardDog View Post
          Saturday is pots & pans night. Bring some ear plugs.
          What exactly is pots and pans night? And why do I get the feeling parents of 3 year old kids are about to break out in hives.....
          Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
            What exactly is pots and pans night? And why do I get the feeling parents of 3 year old kids are about to break out in hives.....
            Oh, it's the night devoted to cooking and baking demonstrations in the Doghouse.
            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Until Chris Rawlings wears a Husky uniform.. we will never have a fair chance in a gm.. even if we come back & tie it, like we did for a while tonight..

Ahead, behind or anywhere.. he takes it all away.
              Well played Bentley.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                Until Chris Rawlings wears a Husky uniform.. we will never have a fair chance in a gm.. even if we come back & tie it, like we did for a while tonight..

Ahead, behind or anywhere.. he takes it all away.
                Well played Bentley.
                I knew there was no way he would play well in back to back games. In that he played well at Harvard, we all should have figured that he would stink up the joint tonight. It was not all his fault, however. The defense made too many mistakes and the offense failed to capitalize on good opportunities.
                "We just didn't get the lucky bounces..."

Comment

Rawlings was not the issue tonight. He had zero shot on the first two goals. The third one he should have had. 4th and 5th, not much you can do when a guy in front gets a free tip with no dman anywhere near him, and the other one a guy comes off the boards clean and uses the dman as a screen.

The idea that this season was going to be any different with a different goalie is mind boggling. While Rawlings has not stolen a game, not sure our record would be any different with anybody else in goal. Maybe one win better. The defense is horrible. Not sure there is one guy on this team who would be considered a 2nd pair guy on any other team in the league.

Anybody remember Chuck Tomes? He was an all star compared to this crew on the blue line.

Read JM's quotes after the game. "our play in front of our net needs to be a focuse." No duh!
                  Last edited by Huskies01; 01-05-2013, 09:36 PM.
                  DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

• [QUOTE=Motorboaters;5589855]..The defense made too many mistakes.. [/QUOTE.]

..no kidding. We are fodder for the rest of Hockey East.
                    GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Ouch, I left at the end of the 2nd. After the Harvard game, I had hope until I realized that Harvard was reeling from a cheating scandal that has decimated their program and that they were playing without their best player Jim Vesey who was off a the World Jr's making major contributions to the Gold medal winner, Team USA! . However, there is perhaps some silver lining, as I sat near a Snell, an Ell and a Knowles tonight and they looked fairly fed up. It's the same look I remember them having near the end of Crowder. Oh, hats off to Hungry Hungry Huskies who correctly predicted this loss on 11/24 ! Nice job. So I will make a prediction of my own, we may not win another HE game aside from perhaps Maine and I am saying it here, I think ROY is likely one and done!

Anyway, there isn’t much to say because we simply are not talented enough. Our Defensemen Manson, the 3 kids form Lincoln in the USHL they all suck, they are not DIV 1 caliber players and how they made it to Hockey East amazes me, no amount of coaching could ever help them! They are insanely slow, not good skaters and have little hockey sense! Cornell, Gunn, Hoefler also blow! I am 46 years old and skate faster backwards than they skate forward! I am sorry, but it’s the truth! Tonight the rocket scientist of a coach skated a 4th line of scrubs that should be in the rafters looking down at the ice not on it. Anyway, this loss and the pummeling we will take over the next year and a ½ is likely a good thing for this "joke" of a program that is perpetually flooring the gas pedel while in reverse decade after decade!
                      Last edited by RossiRules; 01-05-2013, 11:13 PM.

Comment

It absolutely sickens me to see GAUDREAU & GILLIES skating for the Gold Medal USA team. All u hockey experts who were so critical of Cronin & Staff should have ur heads examined. I watched that pathetic hockey game tonight & was disgusted at the lack of consistency & identity displayed. I couldn't help do the name "math". Let's add Oleksiak (ya...maybe he would have been gone by now but he would have been there his soph year), Bitetto (who went from all HE rookie to scrap heap post Cronin), Eibler (loved this guy as a freshman...see Bitetto), DDaniels (played hard...had an edge), Haar (CCHA all rookie & narrow miss on USA WJC). Let's add Gillie's who would be solving a lot of NU problems (he walked away after seeing this train wreck in the forecast). Oh...and let's ALL add Gaudreau, Kovacs, Dongara (see Bitetto & Eibler post Cronin), J Daniels (who at least had some interest in hockey pre Madigan). How good could this Team have been: size, skill (at least one Hobey candidate), mature defense and great goaltending & solid depth....not to mention possibly a few more great recruits fro. Albie and Laplante (that will upgrade Harvards depleted roster in the next few years). Also...NU played hard & was at least a 500 club with the same inconsistent goalie. Why??. Because the previous staff developed the players and coached them UP. NU was on it's way to building a winner (just look at the names in the math above). Half u "experts" had no idea how good u had it until it is gone. you had a great staff & lost it all. I can't watch this anymore...not just because this is a train wreck...but also because the "could have been" images I had that were relevant when NU beat bully BU AT BU in HE playoffs 2 years ago and went to OT in BPot Final vs BC in one of greatest games in BPot history. Those were supposed to be the snapshots of a bright future...instead NU has a bunch of whiners about Rawlings failures.....HE didn't lose the game tonight. The Team did, because they have no Team.

Comment

Originally posted by HungryHungryHuskies View Post
                          We will not win against Bentley.

Please reference this post a month from now as my preemptive "I told you so."

I'll just leave this here, unfortunately...
                          On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
                          If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                            This is very insightful and exceptionally well written. Kudos to whomever wrote it.
                            Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
                            Thanks! I'm looking forward to coming through on Saturday for the game. A lot of personal memories tied up in that building.

Thanks to Humanoid for posting
                            A great subject makes for great reading, well done. I really enjoyed that

Comment

Originally posted by Sully75 View Post
                              It absolutely sickens me to see GAUDREAU & GILLIES skating for the Gold Medal USA team. All u hockey experts who were so critical of Cronin & Staff should have ur heads examined. I watched that pathetic hockey game tonight & was disgusted at the lack of consistency & identity displayed. I couldn't help do the name "math". Let's add Oleksiak (ya...maybe he would have been gone by now but he would have been there his soph year), Bitetto (who went from all HE rookie to scrap heap post Cronin), Eibler (loved this guy as a freshman...see Bitetto), DDaniels (played hard...had an edge), Haar (CCHA all rookie & narrow miss on USA WJC). Let's add Gillie's who would be solving a lot of NU problems (he walked away after seeing this train wreck in the forecast). Oh...and let's ALL add Gaudreau, Kovacs, Dongara (see Bitetto & Eibler post Cronin), J Daniels (who at least had some interest in hockey pre Madigan). How good could this Team have been: size, skill (at least one Hobey candidate), mature defense and great goaltending & solid depth....not to mention possibly a few more great recruits fro. Albie and Laplante (that will upgrade Harvards depleted roster in the next few years). Also...NU played hard & was at least a 500 club with the same inconsistent goalie. Why??. Because the previous staff developed the players and coached them UP. NU was on it's way to building a winner (just look at the names in the math above). Half u "experts" had no idea how good u had it until it is gone. you had a great staff & lost it all. I can't watch this anymore...not just because this is a train wreck...but also because the "could have been" images I had that were relevant when NU beat bully BU AT BU in HE playoffs 2 years ago and went to OT in BPot Final vs BC in one of greatest games in BPot history. Those were supposed to be the snapshots of a bright future...instead NU has a bunch of whiners about Rawlings failures.....HE didn't lose the game tonight. The Team did, because they have no Team.
                              Very well written and factually correct. I asked the former head coach did he intend to move back to the NHL. His answer was in the affirmative, but not until he accomplished his goal; winning a HE title and or a Bean Pot.
                              He was never given the chance!

Comment

• At least Northeasterns top F potted 2 more last night

Comment

Working...
                                X