This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Anyone have advice for parking this Saturday night; would be driving in from Waltham. Assuming that there will be plenty tickets available at the window, right?
    On the parking.. if driving down Huntington, right on Mass Ave, then right on Columbus Ave.. 1/2 mile down (after the baseball fields) take a right onto the Camden Lot. Tell the guard you are there for NU hockey..the parking is free.

On the tix.. they're not quite free, but plenty available this season.
    G'luck
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• ..oh, and Snively65.. gm is on Sat, not Friday. :-)
      GO NU HOCKEY
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

Good article from our Bentley blogger about Matthews:

http://excalibursportspage.com/2013/...lowed-grounds/
        Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          Anyone have advice for parking this Saturday night; would be driving in from Waltham. Assuming that there will be plenty tickets available at the window, right?
          Like northeastern said, Camden lot is the way to go. To see it on a map, click on the name Camden Parking Area at the link below and it highlights the lot for you. The entrance is directly to the west of the Carter playground, a little hard to miss if you're just seeing it for the first time but it borders the fence to the playground. There's a parking attendant booth next to a split entrance - the left split goes down into the garage and the right split goes under a building with speedbumps to get into the lot.

http://www.northeastern.edu/campusma...teractive.html
          On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
          If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

Way to go Team USA & Johnny Gaudreau..
            (hey, our Coaching staff found him.. of course i'm going to post this in the NU forum ..).
            G'luck in the finals team!
            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

You guys really need to shut up about Ferriero. You would have lost without him and he is your best forward, Roy is not even close. Only team I have seen that doesnt like a chippy, sometimes over the top player. He is one of those, love if on your team, hate if on the other team type. Losing so many games tend to make you jaded. The little brother is a combination of both older brothers and is coming along very well. New coach at Govenors played at NU and is doing a very good job working with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                ..Roy is not even close.
                ..need i say more about this post.
                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

You guys really need to shut up about Ferriero. You would have lost without him and he is your best forward, Roy is not even close. Only team I have seen that doesnt like a chippy, sometimes over the top player. He is one of those, love if on your team, hate if on the other team type. Losing so many games tend to make you jaded. The little brother is a combination of both older brothers and is coming along very well. New coach at Govenors played at NU and is doing a very good job working with him.
                  Kevin Roy is the best player on this team. Despite Cody's impressive performance (all assisted by Roy), Roy had the best goal of the game taking the Harvard D to dangle town and scoring from his knees. It's okay if you don't watch the games or have an agenda to push but try your best to not look like a fool.
                  Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                  Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                    Kevin Roy is the best player on this team. Despite Cody's impressive performance (all assisted by Roy), Roy had the best goal of the game taking the Harvard D to dangle town and scoring from his knees. It's okay if you don't watch the games or have an agenda to push but try your best to not look like a fool.
                    He is a fine player, no agenda what so ever. Have watched them play 4 or 5 times. It is subjective and I have no issues with you feeling he is the better player.

Comment

He is a fine player, no agenda what so ever. Have watched them play 4 or 5 times. It is subjective and I have no issues with you feeling he is the better player.
                      The veterans of this board remember your famous declaration that Jamie Oleksiak would never make it in D1. Please take a look at our roster and recruit list and tell us who else doesn't impress you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
                        The veterans of this board remember your famous declaration that Jamie Oleksiak would never make it in D1. Please take a look at our roster and recruit list and tell us who else doesn't impress you.
                        Hokydopey is for the most part knowledgeable about the game and has been around the rinks enough to have made contacts to the point he gets some inside info. He is very pro-local talent and often is clouded in his judgement of Canadian talent. I am very pro-American. I love our country. However, I could care less if my favorite player or team had a bunch of guys from Saskatchewan on it. Hokeydopey wants every D1 hockey player to be from Reading, Lynnfield, Hingham, North Andover, Charlestown, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                          Way to go Team USA & Johnny Gaudreau..
                          (hey, our Coaching staff found him.. of course i'm going to post this in the NU forum ..).
                          G'luck in the finals team!
                          Johnny Gaudreau, LW – Boston College Eagles (Hockey East)

NCAA fans know all about Gaudreau, who has one national title under his belt and another in his sights this sophomore campaign. Now on the international stage, he's reminded everyone else why he's one of the most dangerous offensive talents in his age bracket. Gaudreau's small stature rarely comes into play as he wins puck battles and uses his deft hands to make goalies look foolish. Drafted 104th overall by Calgary in 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
                            Good article from our Bentley blogger about Matthews:

http://excalibursportspage.com/2013/...lowed-grounds/
                            This is very insightful and exceptionally well written. Kudos to whomever wrote it.
                            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                              This is very insightful and exceptionally well written. Kudos to whomever wrote it.
                              Thanks! I'm looking forward to coming through on Saturday for the game. A lot of personal memories tied up in that building.

Thanks to Humanoid for posting
                              Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

Originally posted by eXcSports View Post
                                Thanks! I'm looking forward to coming through on Saturday for the game. A lot of personal memories tied up in that building.

Thanks to Humanoid for posting
                                Ya great write up there. Still can't believe I haven't been up there for a game. I'll be going to a game this year and that write up really has me even more excited to take in a game at Matthews. Seriously though, awesome stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X