This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    Couple observations from the Harvard gm thus far.. the Crimson TV announcers are some of the more balanced, unbiased i have heard in a while..
    and.. though Cody Ferriero's got 2 goals tonight.. he is a punk. Confirmed.

Hope Nathan is more like Benn.
    Wow I think these announcers are awful! Ferreiro 2 goals, 4 penalties
    Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

• Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

Originally posted by steve66 View Post
      Scoring change, make that 4 goals and 4 penalties for Ferriero.
      Last edited by BrocktonNU; 12-29-2012, 08:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by steve66 View Post
        I wasn't commenting on their broadcasting prowness.. they're obviously students not professionals. Still, they are balanced..as I said, anything but homey. Cody's got 4 goals now.. just needs to control (overdue).. his hot head.
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
          I wasn't commenting on their broadcasting prowness.. they're obviously students not professionals. Still, they are balanced..as I said, anything but homey. Cody's got 4 goals now.. just needs to control (overdue).. his hot head.
          They sounded a lot better than I did when I was doing Curry College hockey on the college radio station.

Comment

Hooray! a win,just what they need a confidence booster and back on the right track-Go Huskies!!

Comment

I was at the Bright Center tonight on the glass and while the snow left the driving difficult, I felt this was the most complete performance of the year. Nice job Huskies. BTW the Roy goal was one of the best I have ever seen, a total effort to get through the slot poke the puck past the D and get in front of the Harvard goalie while falling and making a shot between his wickets. The De still leaves a lot to be desired, but I will take 3 PP goals and the win on the road. We might actually beat Bentley if they play this well next week. Also, at least one of Cody’s penalties was a total BS call. Roy got hit from behind and was withering in pain on the ice and got hit for embellishment, must have been an ECAC crew. Overall great win.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Husky View Post
                Hooray! a win,just what they need a confidence booster and back on the right track-Go Huskies!!
                Glad you're happy. Your real team's not doing that great tonight..but who's checking.
                GO NU HOCKEY
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                  Glad you're happy. Your real team's not doing that great tonight..but who's checking.
                  Last time I put on my Huskies jersey and watched the game last night I was a NU Huskies fan,not UCONN,is that what you are thinking?

If your talking about me supporting other Hockey East teams fans on this site,yes I will post at other teams sites,I wished the Eagles and Terrier fans a Happy New Year and get along with most everybody who loves hockey,I'm not the type to hate BC because they are our rivals and got Gaudreau,and not hate BU,my best Hockey friend is a BU fan and took me to the BU/NU game last year and I proudly wore my Huskies jersey.I'm not a hater of rivals and I will stick with my Huskies whether they win or lose,that's a true fan to me.

Romans 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

Wishing all a happy,healthy New Year!!-Go Huskies!!
                  Last edited by Happy Husky; 12-30-2012, 08:57 AM.

Comment

This in this morning's Boston Herald:

http://bostonherald.com/sports/colle...u_past_harvard

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
                      I was at the Bright Center tonight on the glass and while the snow left the driving difficult, I felt this was the most complete performance of the year. . .
                      Agree. I thought the effort surpassed even what they showed in the BC game. For the first time in many weeks, I saw this team play as a cohesive unit that was willing to do whatever it took to win. The guys showed a tenacity that I haven't seen in recent weeks that was reflected in them consistently beating their opponents to the puck and winning the battles along the boards and in the corners. Passes also seemed unusually crisp and right on the tape. More encouraging than even that, they were able to overcome the adversity that was staring them in the face when they found themselves down early in someone else's barn. That's a big intangible that has largely been missing since that last-minute goal at The Whit.

That being said, let's remember that Harvard is not a power team and is having it's own internal problems. But I'll take what I can get and hope the good points noted above carry over to the remainder of the league schedule.
                      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Their forecheck on the penalty kill was a breath of fresh air.. this gm, every gm.. pls keep it up.
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Sorry if this has been asked/answered on this thread before. Never been down to Northeastern and I'm looking to get down for the 2/1 game against UNH. What section would put me behind the UNH bench, or what sections give the best sight lines? I appreciate any info.

Comment

Originally posted by Dropkicknh View Post
                            Sorry if this has been asked/answered on this thread before. Never been down to Northeastern and I'm looking to get down for the 2/1 game against UNH. What section would put me behind the UNH bench, or what sections give the best sight lines? I appreciate any info.
                            http://gonu.com/sports/2012/8/15/GEN_0815124818.aspx

UNH bench is in front of 23, Northeastern bench is in front of 8. If you're going upper bowl make sure you get the first row if possible (may all be season ticket holders), because the sight lines aren't that great any further back.
                            On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
                            If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

Originally posted by HungryHungryHuskies View Post
                              UNH bench is in front of 23, Northeastern bench is in front of 8. If you're going upper bowl make sure you get the first row if possible (may all be season ticket holders), because the sight lines aren't that great any further back.
                              Thanks for the info.

Comment

Anyone have advice for parking this Saturday night; would be driving in from Waltham. Assuming that there will be plenty tickets available at the window, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X