This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

I don't think it's self-explanatory at all. I mean, it's not like we're talking about Kevin Roy here. A kid who bailed on the coach he committed to.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      I don't think it's self-explanatory at all. I mean, it's not like we're talking about Kevin Roy here. A kid who bailed on the coach he committed to.
      I'm not condoning it, but when you haven't won anything since the 80's and an All-American player you recruited bolts for a school down the street you're going to be bitter. And I know its not Gaudreau's fault. But the thought of Gaudreau and Roy together makes us NU fans go a little crazy.
      2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
      2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

I'd be bitter too, but with Cronin/the NU administration. Anyway, if Gaudreau went on to NU, maybe you don't end up with Roy. Just be happy you're 2-0 and look to have a much improved team along with what looks like a stud freshman forward.

Comment

I'd be bitter too, but with Cronin/the NU administration. Anyway, if Gaudreau went on to NU, maybe you don't end up with Roy. Just be happy you're 2-0 and look to have a much improved team along with what looks like a stud freshman forward.
          This is true. And I'm more than happy the way the team has played thus far. Here's hoping for another good game a Conte next weekend.
          2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
          2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Who cares what he said? Honestly?
            Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
            Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

geez Rossi.. calm down, we're still just talking about just student athletes here.. as someone said, we lost a Gaudreau.. we got a Roy..
              Could we have had both.. what does that matter now. Btw, that pass by Cody to Roy was one heck of a play.. hopefully more like that to come from the team all season .
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
                Also, this game was not that close as anyone here seems to be letting on to admit. We were not lucky in my view at all, we were faster, worked harder and were not knocked off the pucks by BC's larger players. I was in the 1st row of the balcony center ice and NU dominated in most every aspect of the game for most of the 1st, part of the 2nd, with lapses for a few minutes and at around 10mins of the 3rd were skating circles around BC. 3x in the 3rd the BC line struggled to get off the ice.
                This is the way I saw it also. At times it looked as though NU had a 5 on 3 advantage for long stretches. You beat us in the corners, behind the net, on open ice and broke up any rushes/scoring chances BC could put together. It was a tough game to watch from a BC perspective.
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by J.D.
                  If you hate Gaudreau, you really must hate Kevin Roy.
                  This is an argument that I've never really understood. I don't think I whole lot of NU fans hate Gaudreau because he decommitted. I think they hate him because he decommitted from NU. I feel the same way about any player who decommits from a school I follow*, and I expect fans who are victimized by decommitments to feel the same way about players who end up on my teams.

* Or a country... I'm not exactly Joe Red's or Neven Subotic's biggest fan either.
                  Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                  Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Maybe I'm in the minority, but if a kid decommitted from BC due to York retiring and BC hiring a coach from outside the assistant(s) who recruited him, I wouldn't hate the kid.

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules
                      OMG, W*T*F*,It’s just my pet name for him. Johnny “I hope he dies” Calm down. He made his cowardly decision and we must remember that in order to make that decision a scholarship had to open up @ BC and it did so he bolted. Good for him, I am still calling him Johnny, “I hope he dies” and if I mean it literally or figuratively it’s my right to express either condition at any time I wish in the air or in ink. Least we still have that right in this country! Last I checked. I write a well crafted analysis of the game and you hit me for one comment as it being out of line. Listen I don’t come form the school of we treat everyone nice like most people born before 1980 I was taught its ok to hate your enemies and want to kill them. However for all you politically correct Obama fans I will use my 2nd Pet name to appease the masses going forward, Johnny “The little B*I*T*C*H” Gaudreau, How’s that! Happy now!
                      That time of the month, Rossi?
                      Originally posted by reBlur
                      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Enough about Gaudreau Good Lord talk about living in the past. He is a BC player, end of story. We lost him and got Kevin Roy. Be happy cause this weekend was a taste of things to come. Kid makes plays all over the ice. 2G 1 A in his first two games, decent start.
                        Last edited by SkinsFan09; 10-15-2012, 09:53 AM.
                        Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                        Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

NU fans dislike JG because of the decommitment. Not a big deal. Fans who follow the program seriously despise the kid because of how he and his family went about. Still having a signed NLI to NU and going from Hockey East school to Hockey East school tweeting where he was along the way. Keep your head down and go about your business quietly. When Darcy asked out, he was granted it, and went about his visits before coming back in the fold. Respectful.

Nobody can blame a kid because he does not want to go a school after the coach he wanted to play for leaves. It was the classless way he and his family went about it that annoyed the diehards. When Cody left BC for NU he was not sending out daily updates. Is anybody going to be surprised if when both Parker and York step down there is a mass exodus, or at least and opening things back up again among their recruits? If you get a kid like JG who lets the world know what he is up to, you will have a better understanding of what NU fans feel like.

As for comparing JG to Roy, totally different players in my eyes. Yeah both are small and skilled, but they play different. JG plays with way more of an edge, like he has a Napoleon complex. Roy seems to be a bit smoother and play with more finesse. Neither kid is a burner, Roy seems to have the better first step, but JG could probably beat him in a race.

Two nice victories for NU to open the season. The next three games are tough, but after what they accomplished this first week, they have given themselves some breathing room. Should the next 3 games go the opposite way.

And no, not having JG did not open up NU to get Roy. The Daniels brothers taking their talents to Utah did.
                          DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Huskies01 View Post
                            NU fans dislike JG because of the decommitment. Not a big deal. Fans who follow the program seriously despise the kid because of how he and his family went about. Still having a signed NLI to NU and going from Hockey East school to Hockey East school tweeting where he was along the way. Keep your head down and go about your business quietly.
                            Um, ya, we know why idiots like Rossi dislike Gaudreau. That's been covered. But, in regard to simply decommitting, you should dislike Cronin for leaving or the NU administration for how they handled Cronin. Maybe both. It becomes a big deal when I read things like what Rossi spews. So, you don't like Gaudreau because he had the audacity to tweet about his hockey future? Give me a specific example of what he said.

When Cody left BC for NU he was not sending out daily updates. Is anybody going to be surprised if when both Parker and York step down there is a mass exodus, or at least and opening things back up again among their recruits?
                            Hahahahahaha you might want to come up with a better example. The first thing Cody did was air all the dirty laundry (allegedly...LOL) to USHR. Sounds like you never heard about that article. The last thing he did was go about his business quietly. Not sure what your point is in regard to Parker/York retiring.

As for comparing JG to Roy, totally different players in my eyes. Yeah both are small and skilled, but they play different. JG plays with way more of an edge, like he has a Napoleon complex. Roy seems to be a bit smoother and play with more finesse. Neither kid is a burner, Roy seems to have the better first step, but JG could probably beat him in a race.
                            Haven't seen Roy, but I'd have to question how much you've seen of Gaudreau. He had five penalties total last year for 10 minutes. He's a different player than Gerbe/Gionta. He doesn't play with that edge.

Comment

Finally, what Kevin Roy did was far worse than what Gaudreau did, but because Roy came to the hometown team it's ok? Ya, not in my book. And if you don't believe me, I posted before Roy committed anywhere that I actually hoped he didn't committ to BC for that very reason.

Comment

JD, they are probably saying that cause of their experience of Gaudreau in games against NU.

They openly try to bait him into $h!t (remember that idiot Bitetto every game last year?) but he doesn't have the Gerbe-like edge to him.

Comment

Working...
                                X