X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

Originally posted by Motorboaters View Post
    I agree completely, it all starts at the top with the AD's office and Peter Roby...
    Agree with the sentiment but disagree with the proximate cause. It starts at the very top--with Joseph Aoun. Actually, I'd take it even farther than that and indict the whole Board of Trustees for tolerating and even enabling the national disgrace this program has become.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Suggestion for the DogHouse on the opposite side above the Varsity Club. Maybe replace the stick-em letters on the sign with "FIRE ROBY". See if that gets anyone's attention..... give it a try.
      Dog House Class of 2003

"Puh Pah Playoffs!...You talk about playoffs?... You kiddin' me? Playoffs?"

55-622-73-35-418, I'm on FIRE!

Comment

..'retire Roby' might be more effective.. and more likely to make it & stay for a bit..
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

.. i personally also like 'promote JM'..
          GO NU HOCKEY
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
            It is Roby's fault for hiring him. He doesn't give two ***** about winning.
            I 100% agree. JM is in way over his head and never should have been hired. The poster said that people need to stop crucifying Madigan and all I'm saying is he is far from blameless.
            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
              .. i personally also like 'promote JM'..
              How about "Roy Drinks for Free. Just please don't leave"
              2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
              2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                Agree with the sentiment but disagree with the proximate cause. It starts at the very top--with Joseph Aoun. Actually, I'd take it even farther than that and indict the whole Board of Trustees for tolerating and even enabling the national disgrace this program has become.
                Lighten up Francis. "National disgrace"?
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  Lighten up Francis. "National disgrace"?
                  .. would have much rather preferred 'Interstellar disgrace..' but I didn't want to get too Sirius..
                  :-)
                  GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                    How about "Roy Drinks for Free. Just please don't leave"
                    did i read this correctly?.. "Roby drinks for fee. Just please leave"
                    GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                      So in other words, they didn't win anything.
                      EXACTLY!!!!!! They won more than we are accustomed too, but all in all win nothing.
                      Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

well written.. (and reasoned).. still hope they WAKE UP in the athletics office someday! ...

http://www.huskyhockeynews.com/2012/...-here-to-stay/
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
                          I figured Askew before he de-committed as his family and Darcy's are close. Last week, I saw the St Sebastian’s line without him and they are clearly not as good as they were with him as they lost 3 to 2 to lowly Milton and needed OT to get past Rivers. In fact Seb’s has a full line of commitments to BU and of course Noah Hannifin, who is committed to BC, so it was nice to have had one local kid in Askew committed to NU even if he was only 15.

I expect he will light it up over at Cushing where academic help is much more prevalent.

I have an ear close to the track and fully expect Roy to stick it out for the remainder of this season, but next year ? who knows by the end of this season when we have 25 losses he may just want to pack it in.

However, I really do not expect that any of the following will ever actually make it Huntington Ave. Michael Szmatula, Matt Benning and John Stevens, Why? LOL! Do I really need to say it? You all know why. After they speak with new teammate Manno my guess is they all pursue other options . I mean we might get one of them but all three I doubt it. Program is in trouble.’ However, we need this to happen so that Roby is released. He is the real rung in the ladder that is preventing NU to move to the next level nationally in sport.

Here's why I disagree with you on the recruits de-committing. These 3 kids have all just recently committed to Madigan. Lets face it, kids don't commit to schools they commit to coach's as we saw all too well in the summer of 2011. So in this scenario, Manno shows up after 1.5 years at NU and there are 3 kids who are coming to NU. He starts talking to these kids and they say why did you leave? Well I wasn't playing as much as I thought I deserved too. Then these kids see this kid step on the ice and they say. Ok, he sucks that's why. Manno had committed to UMass and then when Haar, Kovics, and Gaudeau all left he cam here cause he thought there would be more opportunity to play. Madigan needed players so he brought him on, gave him a shot. If I was one of those 3 kids who has committed to Madigan, likes his style, Madigan likes there's, I am not going to care that this kid who is a weak skater decided to bail cause he thinks he should be on the PP.
                          Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                            well written.. (and reasoned).. still hope they WAKE UP in the athletics office someday! ...

http://www.huskyhockeynews.com/2012/...-here-to-stay/
                            I was able to catch Roby's segment on OTL and had a hard time believing anything that was coming out of his mouth. While I appreciate the fact that the athletic office has taken the time to help improve the academic integrity of the school, I find it hard to believe that Roby (or any AD for that matter) still believes that college sports have little to to with profit margins and that fans will show up regardless of how the team is doing in the standings. College athletics needs to be treated as a business, which was one of the points the show was trying to make, and Roby needs to needs to wake up and get with the times here. If he isn't willing to adjust the athletic department's game plan, the program is screwed. Hopefully going on OTL put things into better perspective for him.
                            Celebrating 20 Years of TheDogHouse

Comment

A couple of weeks ago I ran into a hockey agent...err, advisor...who advises a player that is committed to NU. I talked to him for a while and asked very pointed questions about JM. He said JM is very much respected, well liked, and is viewed as a good coach. He also said there aren't concerns about NU and the current situation is being viewed from the outside as rebuilding. Take it for what it's worth...

Comment

Originally posted by fahey4prez View Post
                                A couple of weeks ago I ran into a hockey agent...err, advisor...who advises a player that is committed to NU. I talked to him for a while and asked very pointed questions about JM. He said JM is very much respected, well liked, and is viewed as a good coach. He also said there aren't concerns about NU and the current situation is being viewed from the outside as rebuilding. Take it for what it's worth...
                                ..best news ive heard all season.. thanks for the perspective.
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X