This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

Another lackluster effort from the Huskies tonight. Roy, Sap, Sauce and a few Steve Morra shifts were really the only bright spots; everyone else was completely invisible going through the motions. Well except for Cody, who decided to try and fight the entire Lowell team and selfishly put himself in the box with 4 minutes left. Out of all the BC recruits, HE is the one that we get On a related note, he did get blasted at center ice away from the puck but Bunyon and Timmy B. decided it was going to be one of the there "Don't call anything" 3rd periods.
    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
    2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
      In fact Seb’s has a full line of commitments to BU and of course Noah Hannifin, who is committed to BC, so it was nice to have had one local kid in Askew committed to NU even if he was only 15.
      A full line? Kelley, Ronan and who?
      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Low
        Lower
        Lowest
        Lowell
        Northeastern

If I was Madigan, I wouldn't be giving these boys a holiday break.
        Celebrating 20 Years of TheDogHouse

Comment

Originally posted by DieHardDog View Post
          If I was Madigan, I wouldn't be giving these boys a holiday break.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOYRkL0bb5o

According to JM, the break couldn't come at a better time. I'd rather have Madigan take a break and have captain's practices for a couple weeks. That worked pretty well against Merrimack and BC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
            I checked with a source, who is better than yours, who believes Roy will be around for a while. He is doing well in school and is very close with his brother who is certainly expected to stay.

Thank you sincerely for sharing a rumor like this that can only described as kicking the program (and its fans) while it is down. Without rectal cranial inversions like yourself, who believes everything he hears without checking the facts, we might never have our rumors promulgated.
            I am very, very glad to hear that. I hope your source is better. I don't want to be right. This did not come from someone at NU, but someone within college hockey.
            Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

Originally posted by Motorboaters View Post
              Cavanaugh interviewed for the position when Greg Cronin got the job, he did not apply for it this time around. At this point, I think Cavanaugh expects to take over the helm when and if Jerry York decides to call it a career.

If the confidence surrounding the team wasn't bad enough, losing another player midseason might be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Before we know it, there will not be enough players on the roster to field a complete team. It scares me that I'm hearing people who are close to the team (i.e. trainers and player's girlfriends) say that the team is tuning Madigan out because they do not believe he is the right person to lead them. When they first announced that he was among the three finalists for the job, I thought that was just to appease the alumni, however, when I heard he got the job, I was beside myself. I understand that the guy has been around the game as a scout for a long time, but to hire a coach who hasn't been behind a bench in over twenty years is preposterous. Anyhow, I hope they can somehow salvage this season with some shred of dignity.
              does this entity even exist?!?!
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                ..check with your boss.. they're (NU class year) ahead of you..
                GO NU HOCKEY
                Always bullish on the future.
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                  ..check with your boss.. they're (NU class year) ahead of you..
                  well, i do know nu alums that i work with. i know nu alums with whom i am friendly. i knew future nu alums who co-op'd for us.

none of them however give a rats arse about the hockey team. -that was my question.

if there are decisions made to appease alums, are you talking about 4 or 6 peeps who do whatever it is that nu hockey needs? like painting the old barn white or replacing the heaters under the bench?
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    My older brothers are NU grads and the oldest one usually goes to the Beanpot with me. His daughter graduated from BU, but believe me they don't say much anymore with the way things are going now on Huntington Ave. For Christmas, I bought him a nice NU jersey to wear with pride to the games or in this case (wink) with shame at the present state of the NU athletics. I try not to say too much that will get him riled up at the hockey team but if he starts ragging on me and BC, all I have to do is quietly point to the rafters.
                    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

I just returned from Europe, after a 3 months abroad & checked into this site. Surprised to see how foolish u all are...NU Hockey has an identity crisis. Coach Flaman had a taste of success, and after almost 2 decades of losing, NU fired Crowder (btw he did a great job at UML before NU). Cronin inherited maybe the worst team in HE history with a 3 win team. Cronin did something Crowder, Smith & Flaman could not do. He rehabbed the entire program & helped facilitate the Arena Renovation....and..won by developing players from a 3 win team. They went to 2 HE final fours, a near miss in 2 BPot finals, an NCAA tourney and several All Americans/All HE's in his last 3 years. The crappy NU image was being replaced by some success and NU was poised to make a consistent run at success. Look who NU had for players & recruits before Cronin AND STAFF..were run out of town for "texting" recruits?? Texting!? How would NU be with Gaudreau. Haar, Gillies, Oleksiak, B. Reid, Bitetto, Eibler, Dongara....over the last year and a half. You all had it going in a good direction and someone blew it all up. What a shame...Madagan inherited a good situation....and he will lose too. WHY? There is no leadership above him. Cronin & his staff gave NU a taste of success & it was derailed. U reap what u sow...the sad thing is that the BCeagle is right. U alumns r attacking one of ur own...& one of NU's best ambassadors in JM.
                      Last edited by Sully75; 12-09-2012, 10:17 PM.

Comment

I agree completely, it all starts at the top with the AD's office and Peter Roby. Dave O'Brien was the one who hired Cronin and he was committed to winning. It seems to me that all Peter Roby is committed to is pushing the basketball program. Looking back, it is just sad that Cronin was driven out for a violation so controversial and miniscule that it does not even exist anymore.
                        Last edited by Motorboaters; 12-09-2012, 10:09 PM.
                        "We just didn't get the lucky bounces..."

Comment

I agree with a lot of what you said but you left out one critical point. Cronin's teams had structure and played his system. You could clearly see Cronin's stamp on the product on the ice. Madigan's teams don't play a consistent system, they don't make adjustments and play very individual hockey. There are plenty of reasons to blame Roby, but this is a coaching problem, not an AD problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Sully75 View Post
                            They went to 2 HE final fours, a near miss in 2 BPot finals, an NCAA tourney and several All Americans/All HE's in his last 3 years.
                            So in other words, they didn't win anything.
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Win or not.. i'd rather have seasons like that where we compete night in night out.. everything else comes along eventually. Right now (save a few core players).. they are not trying..

Thank you Carmine..now go bug UNH with that rant.. although they might be making a run for something this season!.. :-)
                              GO NU HOCKEY
                              Always bullish on the future.
                              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                                I agree with a lot of what you said but you left out one critical point. Cronin's teams had structure and played his system. You could clearly see Cronin's stamp on the product on the ice. Madigan's teams don't play a consistent system, they don't make adjustments and play very individual hockey. There are plenty of reasons to blame Roby, but this is a coaching problem, not an AD problem.
                                It is Roby's fault for hiring him. He doesn't give two ***** about winning.
                                Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                                Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Working...
                                X