X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
    If this was happening at BU or BC there would be outrage.
    Actually, BU routinely has kids leave midseason these days and other kids "leave" as well

Doesn't seem to have an impact on Jack or the BU administration. They just keep going along with him as coach (something I'm happy about as an opposing fan).

Anyway, when the poster northeastern is saying madigan has to go...that's saying something as he's usually pretty positive.

Comment

Reality is NU doesn't care enough to be good..
      Sadly when it comes to hockey.. the above statement is true.
      Academically speaking, they have done a good job with the University as a whole no question.
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Actually, BU routinely has kids leave midseason these days and other kids "leave" as well

Doesn't seem to have an impact on Jack or the BU administration. They just keep going along with him as coach (something I'm happy about as an opposing fan).

Anyway, when the poster northeastern is saying madigan has to go...that's saying something as he's usually pretty positive.
        1. Kids leaving for touching up girls is quite a different issue.

2. I mean outrage at the # of wins and losses. It's ridiculous for our program to be at this point. Cronin had us on the up and up. All that momentum is gone. There are two steps to being a good coach...understand the game and being able to convey it and being a leader. If one of those isn't there, bad things will happen. Take a pick at which one is the biggest issue right now...
        Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
        Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Not just those two...numerous other kids not involved with that stuff.

Let me ask you NU fans something, Mike Cavanaugh interviewed for the NU job a while back, correct? Was it when Cronin was hired? Both times? I can't remember. Anyway, what I don't know is after the interview process, was he really interested in the NU job? Wouldn't that be someone to go after rather than a scout?

Comment

There are two steps to being a good coach.
            In the college game, those two steps are:
            1 Recruiting
            2 Recruiting
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Not just those two...numerous other kids not involved with that stuff.

Let me ask you NU fans something, Mike Cavanaugh interviewed for the NU job a while back, correct? Was it when Cronin was hired? Both times? I can't remember. Anyway, what I don't know is after the interview process, was he really interested in the NU job? Wouldn't that be someone to go after rather than a scout?
              If we cared about winning, which Roby clearly does not.
              Northeastern Huskies

Comment

If we cared about winning, which Roby clearly does not.
                Let’s enjoy this season while we can because next year will be much worse! I have never criticized a NU player or a NU coach and I am not going to start now. NU needs more fans not critics! The men’s hockey team is in desperate need of a new AD. Our present AD is acting like Humphrey Bogart did as Captain Queg, in the movie “The Cain Mutiny”.

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
                  Joe Manno has been added to Dubuque (USHL) active roster
                  If true and he reports, will be interesting to see if he has any effect on the three other Dubuque recruits' opinions.
                  On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
                  If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

Originally posted by roma View Post
                    Let’s enjoy this season while we can because next year will be much worse! I have never criticized a NU player or a NU coach and I am not going to start now. NU needs more fans not critics! The men’s hockey team is in desperate need of a new AD. Our present AD is acting like Humphrey Bogart did as Captain Queg, in the movie “The Cain Mutiny”.
                    What is there to enjoy, losses are mounting and players are leaving...this is a joke.
                    Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Gaudreau (last yr).. Gillies, Darcy, Askew, .. just r-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s.

As has been pointed out.. now Manno will skate with Szmatula,Benning, Stevens. Wierd if that does not have an impact one way or another.. when will this stop? How can anyone higher up not see a TREND!!!
                      GO NU HOCKEY
                      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
                        Joe Manno has been added to Dubuque (USHL) active roster
                        OK, who thinks this kid is good? People talk about players leaving here like this is the only place. Last December BU lost Charlie Coyle, this year Cisse. So Manno leaves, big deal. How will the ever replace his production?
                        Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

Steve.. really.. just wake up!
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                            Gaudreau (last yr).. Gillies, Darcy, Askew, .. just r-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s.

As has been pointed out.. now Manno will skate with Szmatula,Benning, Stevens. Wierd if that does not have an impact one way or another.. when will this stop? How can anyone higher up not see a TREND!!!
                            Gillies left cause he didn't want to compete for time, Darcy left cause he waqsn't producing as much as he would like. Askew, please he was coming in 2016
                            Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

Originally posted by steve66 View Post
                              OK, who thinks this kid is good? People talk about players leaving here like this is the only place. Last December BU lost Charlie Coyle, this year Cisse. So Manno leaves, big deal. How will the ever replace his production?
                              Can we also talk about how we suck? What did BU do after they lost Trivino and Coyle, they lit it up and became a top 5 team. We will not be doing that.

steve, I honestly feel bad for you, you remind me of Al Davis. Oblivious to mediocrity and failure.
                              Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Off topic.. (cause i really need to get off topic!! or get depressed until i go see & cheer the Huskies tomorrow at Tsongas).. Laplante is coaching Charlie Coyle down in Houston..
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X