X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

Someone please get Rossi his meds.
    Originally posted by reBlur
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
      Is there anyway we can prevent BU and BC fans from ****ing on our "blog" I don't post on their blogs. Why are they so obsessed with us?

Its likely because 2 of BC's most recent losses are against us and BU feels there once academic superiority slipping away. Next US News we move ahead of them for sure. Its already way harder to get in. However I regress this forum should be about hockey and to that extent is there a way we can prevent them based on user name? We need 4 points this weekend, no if and's or but's.
      are you serious? ya, we are obsessed with you because we cant understand how your hockey program cant ever get out of it's own way. You have a great school, IN BOSTON, with attractiveness all over the place and can't even put an average team on the ice consistently. You even have talented players and it just isn't happening......you hire this detached coach on top of it. While BU fans hate you i know no Eagle fans that have any vitriol towards you in any way, in fact many of us, like me, are actually rooting for you guys to actually do something. Now, as Carmine said, go take your meds , PLEASE!!!!

Comment

• ..was a 2-2 gm.. then Rawlings let in a weak goal..
        all downhill from there.

..back to reality.
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Went to the game Saturday. Missed Friday. Roy is awesome. I was very impressed with him. Didn't really understand why he served the delay of game penalty for throwing stuff on the ice.

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
          ..was a 2-2 gm.. then Rawlings let in a weak goal..
          all downhill from there.

..back to reality.
          I thought the game was still in doubt until the Phillips goal which made it 4-2. A UMass player (didn't see who) put a big hit on a Northeastern player. Northeastern wanted a penalty and none was called. NU decided to argue with the refs. UMass decided to score while NU argued. Once that happened, I felt a lot more comfortable. Teams usually don't recover from that.
          Last edited by jjmc85; 12-02-2012, 12:25 AM.
          #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
            ..was a 2-2 gm.. then Rawlings let in a weak goal..
            all downhill from there.

..back to reality.
            I would not describe that goal as weak. The whole play started because the NU dman could not clear the puck, again. Play went around to the other point, the shot, went through two NU dmen who just stood there and let the puck and the UMASS forward going through them as Rawlings attempted to fight it off.

Yeah, weak, but so was everyone around him.

The inability to simply clear the puck off the glass cost this team the game.
            DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

That was one of the most unprofessional efforts I've seen in a while by the officials in HEA. That 3rd goal was a direct result of missing a textbook boarding. That was an inexcusable miss, it was literally a carbon copy of the NU boarding penalty earlier.

Then a UMASS fan throws a bear on to the ice and n bench minor is called on UMASS but then a bear comes from an unknown location and it's a 2 minute penalty on NU? Really? So opposing fans can now influence the game and get penalties called?

That was an absolute disgrace of a game reffed last night. It was a toss-up until they decided to let a blatant boarding (or hitting from behind, either applied) go right in front of their eyes.
              Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
              Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                C'mon man! The program we both have followed for years and that we both love to our very bone marrow is disintegrating right before our eyes and this is what irritates you? First of all, this isn't a blog, it's a message board and none of the threads are the private preserve of any one group or fan base, nor should they be. Seeing ourselves as others see us is not always a bad thing. Besides, the banter has sometimes provided the only hockey-related laughs I've been able to have so far in this most dismal of dismal seasons.

You want something to complain about? Start with Peter Roby!
                Northeastern's descent started when you guys took Cody Ferreiro. He should have kept his mouth shut about "Gerry".
                Originally posted by mookie1995
                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                  Northeastern's descent started when you guys took Cody Ferreiro. He should have kept his mouth shut about "Gerry".
                  Jack, he did us a big favor by leaving for NU. He was never a good fit for BC and loose cannon attitude. His play definitely hurts NU and spends much of the time being on the injury list. Think of the games he would have cost us with his stupid penalties and would have caused dissension on the team. He made it easy for JY on his decision on Cody and where his loyalties laid, to himself and not to the team. Very selfish player.

He deserves what he got, plays for a losing team with no chemistry.

We got JG from them in payment, though I know it had to do with Cronin leaving and Samuelson leaving early.
                  Last edited by BCeagle; 12-02-2012, 09:44 AM.
                  NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                    Then a UMASS fan throws a bear on to the ice and n bench minor is called on UMASS but then a bear comes from an unknown location and it's a 2 minute penalty on NU? Really? So opposing fans can now influence the game and get penalties called?
                    Northeastern fans threw a couple of hundred bears on the ice after the first NU goal, no penalty was called. Fans were warned if it happened again it would be a bench minor on NU. One bear was thrown after the first UMass goal. I have no idea who threw it. The officials looked the other way probably thinking a UMass fan threw it in retaliation. No penalty was called though the entire arena was warned it would happen.

One bear was thrown after the third NU goal. Again, I don't know who threw it. A penalty was called, as it should have been. You aren't allowed to throw stuff on the ice.

Northeastern gave up and got outplayed. Officiating had nothing to do with it.
                    #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                      Jack, he did us a big favor by leaving for NU. He was never a good fit for BC and loose cannon attitude. His play definitely hurts NU and spends much of the time being on the injury list. Think of the games he would have cost us with his stupid penalties and would have caused dissension on the team. He made it easy for JY on his decision on Cody and where his loyalties laid, to himself and not to the team. Very selfish player.

He deserves what he got, plays for a losing team with no chemistry.

We got JG from them in payment, though I know it had to do with Cronin leaving and Samuelson leaving early.
                      He absolutly SUCKS. Has some skill but does nothing with it. Which just makes me laugh at all of the people on this board that blame this on Jim Madigan. This team blows! Madigan has had 1 class. As I have said many times. You need to give at least 2 more years.
                      Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
                        Northeastern fans threw a couple of hundred bears on the ice after the first NU goal, no penalty was called. Fans were warned if it happened again it would be a bench minor on NU. One bear was thrown after the first UMass goal. I have no idea who threw it. The officials looked the other way probably thinking a UMass fan threw it in retaliation. No penalty was called though the entire arena was warned it would happen.

One bear was thrown after the third NU goal. Again, I don't know who threw it. A penalty was called, as it should have been. You aren't allowed to throw stuff on the ice.

Northeastern gave up and got outplayed. Officiating had nothing to do with it.
                        a) Your first point is irrelevant. It was a planned donation event of throwing bears, the officials knew it was planned after the first NU goal. Notre Dame did this last year when we played in South Bend.

b) The bear thrown after the UMASS goal was clearly thrown from the UMASS fan section directly behind the UMASS bench. So what, UMASS fans can continue to throw stuff on our ice and we get penalized for it? And you think that's fair? That's ridiculous. You can't look the other way then call it later in the game.

c) It was a 2-2 game until the officials let a textbook boarding go right in front of their eyes. I mean it was a carbon copy of the boarding called against NU in the exact same spot earlier in the game. It was a ridiculous no-call, he hit him, full extension, right in the numbers from behind. That directly led to the UMASS 3rd goal. That was the turning point of the game. The officials were anything but consistent Saturday.

d) I'm not saying NU would've won otherwise. Rawlings as usual, couldn't put two good games in a row together, the defense was atrocious and they checked out after the non-call/3rd UMASS goal. But regardless, officiating played a part. I don't care how you call a game, tightly or loosely, but you call it consistently. That's all anyone desires.
                        Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Originally posted by steve66 View Post
                          He absolutly SUCKS. Has some skill but does nothing with it. Which just makes me laugh at all of the people on this board that blame this on Jim Madigan. This team blows! Madigan has had 1 class. As I have said many times. You need to give at least 2 more years.
                          Cody's got plenty of skill. He had 15 points in 17 games last year prior to injury. He's just too undisciplined. Reminds me of Alex Semin before Dale Hunter set him straight. The defense was expected to struggle. Hopefully when Gunn returns for the 2nd half, it'll improve. But there is no excuse for our offense to be this inept. Part of it is a lack of individual finishing of opportunities, but our offensive rushes, compared to elite teams, the creativity isn't there. Our powerplay creativity is non-existent.
                          Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                            a) Your first point is irrelevant. It was a planned donation event of throwing bears, the officials knew it was planned after the first NU goal. Notre Dame did this last year when we played in South Bend.

b) The bear thrown after the UMASS goal was clearly thrown from the UMASS fan section directly behind the UMASS bench. So what, UMASS fans can continue to throw stuff on our ice and we get penalized for it? And you think that's fair? That's ridiculous. You can't look the other way then call it later in the game.

c) It was a 2-2 game until the officials let a textbook boarding go right in front of their eyes. I mean it was a carbon copy of the boarding called against NU in the exact same spot earlier in the game. It was a ridiculous no-call, he hit him, full extension, right in the numbers from behind. That directly led to the UMASS 3rd goal. That was the turning point of the game. The officials were anything but consistent Saturday.

d) I'm not saying NU would've won otherwise. Rawlings as usual, couldn't put two good games in a row together, the defense was atrocious and they checked out after the non-call/3rd UMASS goal. But regardless, officiating played a part. I don't care how you call a game, tightly or loosely, but you call it consistently. That's all anyone desires.
                            a) According to the USCHO report, the officials didn't know about it.

b) The officials, like me, probably assumed it was a UMass fan who threw the bear out after the UMass goal. They looked the other way and no penalty was called. I don't know why you would complain about that. Isn't the rule that delay of game penalties for throwing things on the ice can only be on the home team? If anything, you should be thankful the refs looked the other way.

c) I believe you are talking about the fourth UMass goal, scored by Phillips. That's the one the NU fans started chanting "bs" after (I thought it was only UMass fans who swore ). That's the one the NU players stopped playing and started arguing during the play. One of the first things you learn as a kid is to play to the whistle. If I were a NU fan, I'd be upset with the Huskies out on the ice who let Rawlings out to dry arguing with the officials instead of playing defense. Calls were missed both ways. There was a blatant trip missed right in front of me against NU earlier in the game. Difference is UMass didn't stop playing and start arguing, so NU didn't get a goal out of it. It's part of the game. You deal with it. I didn't go to Friday Night's game, but I heard complaints from UMass fans about a couple of hits by NU players which injured two of our guys. It happens both ways.
                            #NewMass

Comment

a) According to the USCHO report, the officials didn't know about it.

b) The officials, like me, probably assumed it was a UMass fan who threw the bear out after the UMass goal. They looked the other way and no penalty was called. I don't know why you would complain about that. Isn't the rule that delay of game penalties for throwing things on the ice can only be on the home team? If anything, you should be thankful the refs looked the other way.

c) I believe you are talking about the fourth UMass goal, scored by Phillips. That's the one the NU fans started chanting "bs" after (I thought it was only UMass fans who swore ). That's the one the NU players stopped playing and started arguing during the play. One of the first things you learn as a kid is to play to the whistle. If I were a NU fan, I'd be upset with the Huskies out on the ice who let Rawlings out to dry arguing with the officials instead of playing defense. Calls were missed both ways. There was a blatant trip missed right in front of me against NU earlier in the game. Difference is UMass didn't stop playing and start arguing, so NU didn't get a goal out of it. It's part of the game. You deal with it. I didn't go to Friday Night's game, but I heard complaints from UMass fans about a couple of hits by NU players which injured two of our guys. It happens both ways.
                              Ah, I just saw that. It's hard to believe there was that much miscommunication. Wonder who messed that one up because there's no way NU didn't notify Hockey East of throwing stuff onto the ice.

As far as the rest of your post, tripping is much more easily missed and exaggerated than a textbook boarding. I'll leave it at that. Again, NU did not solely lose because of officiating. As I said, defense was atrocious and the offense only consisted of Kevin Roy and Vinny Saponari. But it was still at a critical juncture of the game and HEA officials are certainly not slow to call boardings. That is all.

PS - Comparing a team's reaction to a marginal trip (I was there also) vs. boarding is unrealistic, actually it's ridiculous. Would an NFL player be more fumed seeing his QB take illegal hands to the face or a blatant helmet to helmet hit at full speed?
                              Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Northeastern fans threw a couple of hundred bears on the ice after the first NU goal, no penalty was called. Fans were warned if it happened again it would be a bench minor on NU. One bear was thrown after the first UMass goal .
                                bears or beers?

Comment

Working...
                                X