This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

As much as I want to pick NU for the upset, I just don't see it happening. 5-3 BC.
    Celebrating 20 Years of TheDogHouse

Comment

The subplot (Roy vs Gaudreau) is pretty intriguing all by itself. Hope those two lines are matched against each other.
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by DieHardDog View Post
        As much as I want to pick NU for the upset, I just don't see it happening. 5-3 BC.
        Agreed, I definitely could see NU jumping out early to a 3-1 lead halfway through the game and run out of steam late in the 2nd period and the 3rd. 5-3 with an ENG sounds about right.
        2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
        2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

good win for you guys and off to a nice start

Comment

I was right about 3-1...

Here's what I wrote on DHD:

Helluva win tonight. That wasn't the normal "muck it up and slow the play down" win against BC. We beat them at their own game, going chance for chance. We we're able to do that because of the talent we have on our first 3 lines. Rawlings finally stepped up in a big game tonight; he made some crucial stops when it was still 2-1. Roy is obviously tremendous but Darcy and Saucerman sure looked like the real deal tonight as well. He didn't get many minutes, but a nice play on the goal from Belonger. I like Lauwers A LOT, a physical presence who can hold his own in his own end. Only problem on the ice tonight was Oskroba, hopefully Darou is back sooner than later. Great win and remember....

Roy not us?

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
              good win for you guys and off to a nice start
              Thanks. Matheson for BC is as good off a freshman on D I've seen in HE in a long time. Hopefully for the rest of us, he's a one and done.

Comment

I just got home from the game. A few things looked good tonight and a few things we were lucky but what the hell happened to the ice tonight. I wonder if there was a problem with the cooling system. The 3rd goal was awesome, caught the goalie sleeping and ripped it. Nu has to win the battle to more lose pucks. It does seem that team speed will be an issue again. Also we need to hit more and be more physical.
                These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Tilldog40;5520501]It does seem that team speed will be an issue again.QUOTE]

Really? We must have been watching a different game. I thought we did a great job keeping up with BC's team speed.

Comment

We did ok I thought. Tough to tell where I sat behind the NU bench. Almost got a puck to the face. I like watching from the balcony. I would like to see how this team skates and plays on bigger ice. Great win.

Comment

Was Roy scouted by Madigan for the Penguins and does he have ties to NU as a legacy non hockey? NU seems like a strange fit for a kid who is the leading scorer in the history of USHL over a 2 season span. I mean I will take him for sure, but he has such soft hands as perhaps the best stick handler I have seen at NU since Rod Isbister. Also, this game was not that close as anyone here seems to be letting on to admit. We were not lucky in my view at all, we were faster, worked harder and were not knocked off the pucks by BC's larger players. I was in the 1st row of the balcony center ice and NU dominated in most every aspect of the game for most of the 1st, part of the 2nd, with lapses for a few minutes and at around 10mins of the 3rd were skating circles around BC. 3x in the 3rd the BC line struggled to get off the ice. BTW John "I hope he dies" Gaudreau was BC 's best player on the ice again, but he didn’t not have the offense skill of ROY tonight. He pressed and tried to skate through a stingy NU defense. Not sure if we are the real deal, as its way too early. However, I will take 4 HE Pts in the 1st weekend against both #1 and #19 nationally ranked opponents.

Look for NU to be ranked in the top 15 next week. Also, it should be a good game next week @ BC. They looked tired. I am told that NU worked on strength and conditioning this Summer and I think it might have worked.

Let’s enjoy this win, as it was for from the tri annual kind of scrape out an occasional win versus BC. This was quite different.
                      Freshman were the best players on the ice at many times and this is a great sign! If Chris can hold the pipes we may have a pretty good season.
                      Last edited by RossiRules; 10-13-2012, 10:32 PM. Reason: text font

Comment

Just gonna say OWWWWWW! (Husky Dog howl) great win!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                          Agreed, I definitely could see NU jumping out early to a 3-1 lead halfway through the game and run out of steam late in the 2nd period and the 3rd. 5-3 with an ENG sounds about right.
                          Aw, you only get a "D" in fortune telling. You were spot-on about the two goal lead but they seemed to have plenty of steam left at the end and didn't fall back into a shell like they did last year. That was the most encouraging thing about this game, IMO.

I didn't see any really big issues with team speed. BC still gets the edge in that department but NU looked much improved compared to last year.

The frosh are beasts!
                          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

I agree lets enjoy a 4 point week and hope this good hockey continues. One thing I could tell sitting behind the bench is that the players are focused more on what the coaches are telling them. We had players leave us this year but I'm glad they did because there attitudes sucked last year. These kids wanna play and win. I like the group we have.

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
                              BTW John "I hope he dies" Gaudreau
                              What does this even mean?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                What does this even mean?
                                Pretty inappriopriate and uneccessary but pretty self-explanatory at the same time

Comment

Working...
                                X