This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

and i just want to add.. (for no apparent reason).. Greg Cronin was a good Coach!..

Thanks ADs office..!
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

why don't you BC, BU guys knock eachother out this wknd..
      lv us to figure out the basics so we can somehow get back in the mix..

NHL lockout.. sigh.. get Cronin back!
      GO NU HOCKEY
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

When Agganis starts making sense compared to some of you, it's time to put away the keyboard for a while.

And I miss Cronin too. His roid rages were something to behold.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
          Is this where the snotty BU fanboy should point out that the ratio of applicants to spots has very little to do with the quality of NORTHEASTERN'Shockey program?
          No, but it has everything to do with the quality of what the athlete gets in addition to the chance to play a little hockey!

Comment

I present to you your Northeastern Decommits:

J Gaudreau---A Berkle---Rasmus Juell
            D McLaughlin-J Kovacs--Cam Askew
            M Gaudreau--C Darcy?

Garrett Haar--Mike McKee
            Ryan Renz?

Jon Gillies
            On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
            If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

Originally posted by HungryHungryHuskies View Post

M Gaudreau--C Darcy?

Garrett Haar--Mike McKee
              Ryan Renz?

Jon Gillies
              ..looks like a Christmas tree..
              uggh!
              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
                I expect a little more respect for NU from a BC guy. That's a comment I'd expect from the typical snotty little bu fanboy. Apparently not everyone agrees with you. NU had 46,000+ applications for about 2600 spots.
                School =/= hockey program. What he said was 100% right.
                Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
                  No, but it has everything to do with the quality of what the athlete gets in addition to the chance to play a little hockey!
                  I was not insulting your school. However, do you more frequently see top 14/15 year olds commit to one of the top programs in their sport, or the school with the highest quality of life ranking?

Comment

I agree that losing Askew hurts, but he was 15 when he committed. He also committed to Madigan, so I think to say that nobody will commit here with Madigan at the helm is a little crazy. All in all next years class is supposed to be pretty good. This kid wasn't coming until 2016, I don't think it is that big a deal. So much time between now and then.
                    Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

M Gaudreau--C Darcy?

Garrett Haar--Mike McKee
                      Ryan Renz?

Jon Gillies
                      Given the season and the fact that you have 12 listed there, you could probably make this into a nice "12 Decommits of Christmas" song.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                        and i just want to add.. (for no apparent reason).. Greg Cronin was a good Coach!..

Thanks ADs office..!
                        Is a Great Coach!

Comment

Originally posted by roma View Post
                          Is a Great Coach!
                          .. no kidding.
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

M Gaudreau--C Darcy?

Garrett Haar--Mike McKee
                            Ryan Renz?

Jon Gillies
                            These were not all decommits I thought you might like to have some of the facts.

The Gaudreaus - You all know the story. If JG turns pro, it will be interesting to see how BC handles little bro - who isn't 20% of the player his brother is.

Berkle - didn't come through with the grades. Doing well at Bowling Green

Juell - Foreign player with eligibility problems. Never got close to campus. Got traded to Cedar Rapids. Not playing in NCAA

McLauglin - we dropped him. A Cronin recruit (as opposed to Albie or Seb.) Claim to fame is slick goal. Justo committed to PC

McKee - Not nearly as good as he thought he was. Decommed when we deferred him for a year. WMU took him and deferred him for another year. Say something about his head being nearly as big as the rest of him.

Kovacs - Cro recruit playing 4th line at WMU. Decided to stay closer to home when Cronin resigned.

Haar - All rookie at WMU. Might have gone to BC if they hadn't had JGaudreau in their sights (while still under an NLI to NU)

Ryan Renz - Sebastien saw him on the best night of his career. Father decomitted the kid when we wanted to defer him. 2 1/2 years later, he is still available and has done little to distinguish himself in the excellent Vernon program. His Dad should be on our Hockey Christmas list.

The recruiting process is much more complex than most people realize. Lots of things can go wrong before a player ever makes it to school. Even after he's here there are lots of people (agents, advisors, OHL reps etc.) whispering in his ear about how they can help him to "realize the dream" of getting to the NHL
                            Last edited by Ryecheers; 11-30-2012, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• Ryecheers.. good post, lots of info. Just hoping we can get pts this wknd.
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                                Given the season and the fact that you have 12 listed there, you could probably make this into a nice "12 Decommits of Christmas" song.
                                On the first day of Christmas Coach Mad Dog gave to me: a second decommit from Darcy?
                                On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
                                If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

Working...
                                X