This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

Never understood that commitment anyway. Bad enough kids commit to top programs at that age but to NU?
    Originally posted by reBlur
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• don't have any more recruits named Cam.. do we?!@??..

..actually, can't say that I blame 'em..
      any of them.

We've got to take stock of our in house situation first.and fast!
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestSticks View Post
        Looking at making our first trip to Matthews Arena after the first of the year. Any suggestions for pre game beers and food which are close? Thanks
        If you're looking for a hotel, I'd strongly recommend the Colonnade, on Huntington Ave. across from the Prudential Center and within an easy walk to Matthews. Pretty lively bar too. Ask for the Northeastern rate (a really healthy discount) when you book. Beyond that, Uno's Chicago Grill, also on Huntington, is a full service restaurant and just around the corner from Matthews. Conor Larkin's, across from the main campus, is the quintessential college bar....not to be confused with Punter's Pub, the quintessential college dive bar.
        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Redd10 View Post
          Even worse, he's reporting that Cam Askew ('97) is de-committing...
          It is now painfully obvious. This program is imploding before our very eyes!

Comment

Ok guys lets not have a “pity party” What you guys want to stand around and think about how much we suck, go ahead and have your little pity party. Coaches press conference buzzword is viral in the alumni club this week. LOL Of course Cam Askew de-committed. He is a Southie Kid and I have watched him play with my own 97 son in the GBYHL and with Middlesex Islanders and later at SEBS, Darcy and Askew most likely talk, however don’t look for any kids form MA or Boston to commit to NU while Madigan is at the helm.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
              Never understood that commitment anyway. Bad enough kids commit to top programs at that age but to NU?
              ..er, because it is also a decent school, that's why.

c'mon, that loss at Matthews cannot sting anymore.. just look at our hockey situation now.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                MidWest Sticks..
                Pizzeria Uno.. right on Huntington Ave.. stone's throw from Matthews. TVs around the bar area last time i went. Not bad if you're with family.

Hope your Bentley Falcons put us out of our misery in the New Yr..

Actually a Husky fan. Plan on parking in the Gainsborough garage and trying to find a close place for pre-game. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                  ..er, because it is also a decent school, that's why.

c'mon, that loss at Matthews cannot sting anymore.. just look at our hockey situation now.
                  Agreed..it' sad though, because of the timing and the reporting of this news. So it's just another blow to the Husky faithful Cam is only 15 and thus who knows for sure if he would has ever make it over to our side as it’s so early to commit. In my view, some kids may do better going directly from Junior’s to some form of Pro hockey. I think he is that good very smart and unselfish player. I wish him the best of luck.

However, Cam A from what I hear wasn't exactly hitting the leather off of the academic ball at SEBS. He is player and I bet he is a top goal scorer in the USHL someday. He is also a smart kid but he will have to work hard if he plays DIV 1 for any school where academics are an equally important part of the equation. All of the major programs in Boston are now top academic institutions and nobody is getting a pass with regard to academics, so for some kids NU might not be a fit regardless of talent. But I agree with your post...IT STINGS!
                  Last edited by RossiRules; 11-29-2012, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestSticks View Post
                    Actually a Husky fan. Plan on parking in the Gainsborough garage and trying to find a close place for pre-game. Thanks.
                    You can park in the Gainsborough garage for $25 bucks but you can park for free in the Columbus lot and walk over the Orange Line via the Forsyth foot bridge too. Our House is still pretty good too.

Comment

http://www.flickr.com/photos/88298351@N03/

Some photos from Black Friday's game against St. Lawrence.

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
                        You can park in the Gainsborough garage for $25 bucks but you can park for free in the Columbus lot and walk over the Orange Line via the Forsyth foot bridge too. Our House is still pretty good too.
                        The Camden lot is directly adjacent to Matthews and is also free. Just drive up Columbus Ave. and turn into the entrance to the big parking garage just past Carter playground. Don't go into the garage but follow the driveway that leads to the right and it will lead you to the Camden lot. Then it's just over the footbridge at the end of the lot. Good luck!
                        Last edited by Split-N; 11-30-2012, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                          I expect a little more respect for NU from a BC guy. That's a comment I'd expect from the typical snotty little bu fanboy. Apparently not everyone agrees with you. NU had 46,000+ applications for about 2600 spots.

Comment

I think some of you guys are missing the point. If you took stock of all the great players that committed to D1 programs at a very young age, Northeastern and other programs like NU would rarely be in that distribution. You'd see a lot of BC, BU, North Dakota, Michigan, Minnesota, etc. There's a reason for this and that is so evident we don't even really need to discuss it.

So it's surprising when you see a top player in the country/region at age 14 or 15 commit to a program like NU. Usually they are scooped up by superior programs (not snooty but it is true) that also offer around this same time frame for a myriad of reasons (or wait for a better offer).
                            Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 11-30-2012, 08:44 AM.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

..yeah Nick & sometimes things change..

..like hopefully our coaching puzzle soon!
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
                                I expect a little more respect for NU from a BC guy. That's a comment I'd expect from the typical snotty little bu fanboy. Apparently not everyone agrees with you. NU had 46,000+ applications for about 2600 spots.
                                Is this where the snotty BU fanboy should point out that the ratio of applicants to spots has very little to do with the quality of NORTHEASTERN'Shockey program?

Comment

Working...
                                X