This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    ..hope you're right. I have a feeling after the 2-0 start, then loss & tie.. (beating & tying the current ranked #1 & #2 teams in the country).. something happened where the players tuned him out (again, hope i am wrong).. discipline collapsed & seems they quit trying. Then the Cam Darcy debacle.. Seems to me, JM never really coaches behind the bench.. just watch him.. seems like the staff is doing it all. He is taking it all in.. almost as if (again, this might sound harsh).. he's learning on the job.. Begs the question.. how is he running the practices, PK, PP & systems then? you can't make this stuff up!.. Been around NU hockey a bit. I am disappointed.
    In regards to Darcy. What I have heard he was causing some trouble and there was no disappointment when he made the decision to leave. Remember this kid decommittrd, he wanted BU and BC and they both said no thanks.
    Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

• Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
      sigh.. okay, i'll go first.. it is time for Jim Madigan to do the right thing as soon as possible & recommend to the ADs office, a suitable Head Coach for the team for nxt (possibly even this) season. And yes, it is all about the coaching.. the better systems & practices.. the better player execution on ice. We have players playing way below potential. We have no team chemistry.. no passing, no strong side/ weak side systems in place. We have breakdown in discipline almost every gm (started from the UNH gm when our record was 2-0.. and we were up 3-1 on the Wildcats)...

..this all comes down on the coaching. Madigan does not know how to. He can perhaps play a future role in the selection of players (sincerely believe he loves NU hockey).. and i do believe he has a good eye for talent.. far as coaching at the D1 level.. sorry Mr Madigan, this is above your head..

tonight was the last straw for me. SLU was okay, but we made 'em to be an NHL team..

Madigan must go..

Sorry to my fellow Husky fans if i offend anybody.

Since we can't lock out college hockey.. perhaps we can lock out the Huskies until this is all sorted out.

I know something is wrong when the eternal optimist, "northeastern", begins to speak badly about the team. However, I agree wholeheartedly with everything he has to say. It is obvious that Madigan, albeit a nice guy, does not have any idea on how to coach a team. Every game I watch I see the other team come out after the first and second intermissions and make adjustments. The Huskies don't appear to make any type of adjustments at all and that is why we are so miserable in the second and third periods. If you watch the coaching staff during the game, it is Jerry Keefe or Pat Foley who are drawing up the plays and talking to the players. Madigan just stands there and watches the assistants do the coaching.

As I stated before, you have to ask yourself what happened to the team after the first two games and now? Due to NCAA rules, the players relied heavily on captain's practices coming into those first two games, Madigan said it himself after they beat BC. Since then, the coaches have run the practices and the team has actually regressed. Madigan has had plenty of time to implement his "systems" and it is obvious that they are not working. I sincerely hope I am wrong about all of this but only time will tell.
      "We just didn't get the lucky bounces..."

Comment

Looking at making our first trip to Matthews Arena after the first of the year. Any suggestions for pre game beers and food which are close? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Motorboaters View Post
          I know something is wrong when the eternal optimist, "northeastern", begins to speak badly about the team. However, I agree wholeheartedly with everything he has to say. It is obvious that Madigan, albeit a nice guy, does not have any idea on how to coach a team. Every game I watch I see the other team come out after the first and second intermissions and make adjustments. The Huskies don't appear to make any type of adjustments at all and that is why we are so miserable in the second and third periods. If you watch the coaching staff during the game, it is Jerry Keefe or Pat Foley who are drawing up the plays and talking to the players. Madigan just stands there and watches the assistants do the coaching.

As I stated before, you have to ask yourself what happened to the team after the first two games and now? Due to NCAA rules, the players relied heavily on captain's practices coming into those first two games, Madigan said it himself after they beat BC. Since then, the coaches have run the practices and the team has actually regressed. Madigan has had plenty of time to implement his "systems" and it is obvious that they are not working. I sincerely hope I am wrong about all of this but only time will tell.
          Thank you.

Don't get me wrong.. JM is a good friend & staunch supporter of NU hockey & i would be wholeheartedly happy if he could swing this. Just have a feelng the team might have 'tuned him out'..

i will be more than happy to be wrong here.. infact, i hope i am wrong! Would love to have the program succeed under an alum.. question is, do we have the right Alum? That is what is not entirely clear..

G'luck this wknd.. go Huskies!
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Hi MidwestSticks, I would suggest Conor Larkin's; it's a popular on-campus bar/grill, and not too far from the arena. Enjoy!
            --
            GONU

Comment

Sounds like you guys should go back to captain's practices. Hockey is a lot better when Northeastern is good. As a BU fan I'll acknowledge NU fans are a hardcore bunch. You come out in great numbers even in a lousy season, When you're doing well (2009 in particular) an already strong fan base becomes the strongest fan base. I hope you guys solve some of your internal struggles and rally to a top 4 Hockey east team (if that is still mathematically possible). Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Twillits View Post
                Hi MidwestSticks, I would suggest Conor Larkin's; it's a popular on-campus bar/grill, and not too far from the arena. Enjoy!

Thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

I've been pretty quiet during this stretch, but will say this. We need to sweep UMass this weekend, plain and simple. 4pts, not 3, not 2, not 1 and if we can not get 1pt, don't even bother going to any more games at Matthews this year. Maybe that will get someone's attention.
                  Dog House Class of 2003

"Puh Pah Playoffs!...You talk about playoffs?... You kiddin' me? Playoffs?"

55-622-73-35-418, I'm on FIRE!

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestSticks View Post
                    Thanks for the suggestion!
                    It's your stereotypical college dive bar, I kind of like the place (of course, I'm only one year out of college), but just a heads up in case you were looking for a different experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                      It's your stereotypical college dive bar, I kind of like the place (of course, I'm only one year out of college), but just a heads up in case you were looking for a different experience.
                      does every NU student or recent alum send EVERYBODY to Connor Larkins? My niece sent me and, well, you're right of course, its a college dive bar and my niece should have known not to send her uncle there. Talk about being out of place

Comment

MidWest Sticks..
                        Pizzeria Uno.. right on Huntington Ave.. stone's throw from Matthews. TVs around the bar area last time i went. Not bad if you're with family.

Hope your Bentley Falcons put us out of our misery in the New Yr..
                        GO NU HOCKEY
                        Always bullish on the future.
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                          If Connor's is a "stereotypical college dive" what the heck would you call Punters? Ours bars are a lot like our arena: old, hardcore and awesome.
                          2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                          2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            does every NU student or recent alum send EVERYBODY to Connor Larkins? My niece sent me and, well, you're right of course, its a college dive bar and my niece should have known not to send her uncle there. Talk about being out of place
                            To be fair, Our House is either empty or a dance club, and Punters is more divey-er than Connor's. So Connor Larkins was still probably the best suggestion for an on-campus bar.
                            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Mack Report just got some dirt on an NU recruit. Not a big deal but it is what it is:

Northeastern recruit and the USHL’s leading goal scorer, Michael Szmatula, was arrested earlier this month and charged with possession of alcohol under the legal age, according to a Dubuque police report.

Szmatula’s arrested occurred on Nov. 11 at 4:58 a.m. on University Ave., the report read. That location is near Loras College.

According to the report, Szmatula was held until he appeared in court.

Szmatula leads the USHL with 16 goals and is second in total scoring with 30 points. He’s playing this season for the Dubuque Fighting Saints.
                              http://www.scandbq.com/arrests/viewr...?arrestid=2668
                              Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 11-29-2012, 08:41 PM.
                              Originally posted by reBlur
                              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                                Mack Report just got some dirt on an NU recruit. Not a big deal but it is what it is: http://www.scandbq.com/arrests/viewr...?arrestid=2668
                                Even worse, he's reporting that Cam Askew ('97) is de-committing

http://themackreport.com/97-cam-aske...-northeastern/
                                Last edited by Redd10; 11-29-2012, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X