This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
    U.S. Hockey Report is reporting that struggles on the ice and academicallywere factors in Darcy's decision to leave NU.
    So he is going to BU?
    “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
    Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
    Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
    National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

• Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
      Having talked to an NHL scout who played in Hockey East in the early 2000s, some NHL teams are concerned with Madigan's game planning and player development. No one takes away his eye for talent, but NHL clubs and FA's are concerned with his ability to develop players under his watch. It will always be an issue and people can use the "well he didn't coach for 30 years" excuse.
      This is the reality most expected when he was hired. We knew the recruiting would largely be in tact which it has and next year's class proves that but the question was X's and O's how well could he execute. It'll be interesting to see.
      Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
      Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
        U.S. Hockey Report is reporting that struggles on the ice and academically were factors in Darcy's decision to leave NU.
        What else is he going to say? Really, Darcy has not struggled on the ice, not more then any other player has. He has played like a freshmen, some weeks good, some weeks blah. Nothing to suggest he could not cut it in this league or on this team. He has not scored, but he could keep up, did well in corners, and was physically up to the challenge.

Academics? No idea. Nobody does but Darcy and the team and that is never coming out.

As for the coach and his developmental abilities? Time will tell, but for a guy who had not coaches in over 18 years, and before that had only two years of assistant work under his belt, guys are going to have to take a chance that he can do well by them. The assistants play apart in that too, but the two guys we have had done well in their previous roles elsewhere.

To give up 9 games in is just weird, I think its something else.
        DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

The thing is why now? Why leave when you at least could finish a half season and get a semester of college credits. This makes me think academics played a part in this. But I don't know. It is what it is and quite frankly by this weekend it'll be old news. BU lost Coyle and Trivino last year and finished the year ranked top 5 so no excuses. NU's got plenty of talented forwards coming in to negate the loss next season and we are in the thick of it this season in Hockey East.
          Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
            The thing is why now? Why leave when you at least could finish a half season and get a semester of college credits. This makes me think academics played a part in this. But I don't know. It is what it is and quite frankly by this weekend it'll be old news. BU lost Coyle and Trivino last year and finished the year ranked top 5 so no excuses. NU's got plenty of talented forwards coming in to negate the loss next season and we are in the thick of it this season in Hockey East.
            Next years forwards? A bunch of role players probably. Stevens has gotten off to a nice start but wont be a star, probably a great role player, but keep in mind he has a younger brother who is quite good... The kid we signed last week who is doing well, keep in mind he is 20, so he is lighting up younger guys. That will change next year. Everyone else in the USHL, blah so far, no WOW factor. We will probably get next to nothing out of the youngest Ferrierro as the jump from Prep to Div 1 is quite steep, and judging by how Cody did his freshmen year, the kid wont get off the 4th line.

This is a building block loss. A kid who you could see being a top line player.

Not to mention we now have one spare forward.
            DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Huskies01 View Post
              Next years forwards? A bunch of role players probably. Stevens has gotten off to a nice start but wont be a star, probably a great role player, but keep in mind he has a younger brother who is quite good... The kid we signed last week who is doing well, keep in mind he is 20, so he is lighting up younger guys. That will change next year. Everyone else in the USHL, blah so far, no WOW factor. We will probably get next to nothing out of the youngest Ferrierro as the jump from Prep to Div 1 is quite steep, and judging by how Cody did his freshmen year, the kid wont get off the 4th line.

This is a building block loss. A kid who you could see being a top line player.

Not to mention we now have one spare forward.
              Stevens will be a fantastic defensive forward at minimum. Olsson is the wild card. Loads of potential there. Big, strong skater. I guess he's picked 2nd or 3rd round. Szmatula is 20 but I'm less happy with the #'s and more happy with the fact that it's clear he has a high amount of skill. Ferreiro is a completely different type of player than his older brother so not an equal comparison.

My point isn't that it's not an unfortunate loss, it is. He had a good amount of upside and was a solid two way forward, but it's not the panic loss it was when he first decommitted over the summer when Madigan and co. didn't have time to fill in the open slots of all our decommits from Cronin and co.

Every forward coming in next year will be a good building block though I think Szmatula can immediately contribute because he is older.
              Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Stevens will be a fantastic defensive forward at minimum. Olsson is the wild card. Loads of potential there. Big, strong skater. I guess he's picked 2nd or 3rd round. Szmatula is 20 but I'm less happy with the #'s and more happy with the fact that it's clear he has a high amount of skill. Ferreiro is a completely different type of player than his older brother so not an equal comparison.

My point isn't that it's not an unfortunate loss, it is. He had a good amount of upside and was a solid two way forward, but it's not the panic loss it was when he first decommitted over the summer when Madigan and co. didn't have time to fill in the open slots of all our decommits from Cronin and co.

Every forward coming in next year will be a good building block though I think Szmatula can immediately contribute because he is older.
                Let see if they can get Olsson here first. After Darcy walked today, if I were Olsson I would be having my doubts right now about what is going on at NU. Freshmen who get major minutes typically do not pack their bags after 9 games.
                DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskies01 View Post
                  ..After Darcy walked today, if I were Olsson I would be having my doubts right now about what is going on at NU..
                  when someone commits, then de-commits.. then commits.. then de-commits.. the doubt (to me), is on the state of mind of the athlete. Maybe it was the academic/ rink transition..
                  Be that as it may.. g'luck to him as he pursues his hockey. Just be careful what you wish for..
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  Always bullish on the future.
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Huskies01 View Post
                    What else is he going to say? Really, Darcy has not struggled on the ice, not more then any other player has. He has played like a freshmen, some weeks good, some weeks blah. Nothing to suggest he could not cut it in this league or on this team. He has not scored, but he could keep up, did well in corners, and was physically up to the challenge.

Academics? No idea. Nobody does but Darcy and the team and that is never coming out.

To give up 9 games in is just weird, I think its something else.
                    With just 6 shots in 8 games, he didn't exactly challenge the goalies he saw. He was playing at least half the time with Karlsson and Roy (who creates all kinds of opportunities for his linemates).

Leaving now, before grades come out, leaves his academic record spotless.

He'll be a teammate of William Messa, a 2013 recruit. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they get around to talking about NU.

As for Jimmy's developing talent: Who knows? He has been in charge for 1+ season now. How many players should he have recruited, developed and sent off to the pro ranks by now???

Comment

I predict he ends up out at UMass.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                        So he is going to BU?
                        *****http://www.floridawhammy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/whammy.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          I predict he ends up out at UMass.
                          I'm thinking Lowell. Just a hunch.
                          2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                          2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Ok, now that that's over, back to the season. We have a tough game vs. Providence and *** is it with all these Sunday games this year? Do they understand it is football season? I expect two points minimum because we should be able to beat UVM on the road.
                            Northeastern Huskies

Comment

..gotta win on the road. Came real close couple times only to let it slip.. hopefully the team responds positively, this one's Madigan's job 1. On the points.. don't wait for Sunday.. Providence just lost by 4 to UMass & 2 to Vermont.. try get points Friday.
                              GO NU HOCKEY
                              Always bullish on the future.
                              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Ok, now that that's over, back to the season. We have a tough game vs. Providence and *** is it with all these Sunday games this year? Do they understand it is football season? I expect two points minimum because we should be able to beat UVM on the road.
                                Its really annoying. The weekend formula has always been hockey on Friday and Saturday night and football on Sunday. We play a home bball game against UVM on Saturday night, I wonder if that is the reason for the Sunday game. Doesn't make much sense.
                                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X