8 Denver, 220 8 25-14-4 1
    9 Miami (Ohio), 203 10 24-15-2 1
    10 Notre Dame, 186 NR 19-18-3 1
    11 Western Michigan, 182 14 21-14-6 1
    12 Minnesota Duluth, 176 5 25-10-6 1
    13 Boston University, 158 11 23-15-1 1
    14 Ferris State, 123 2 26-12-5 1
    15 Wisconsin, 99 NR 17-18-2 1
    Others receiving votes: Harvard, 58; Maine, 24; Quinnipiac, 24; Michigan State, 19; Colorado College, 19; New Hampshire, 17; Ohio State, 17; St. Cloud State, 15; Merrimack, 7; Providence, 6; Yale, 6; Air Force, 3; Northern Michigan, 1; Michigan Tech, 1.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Pre Season USA Today Top 15

Too bad JDUBBS is missing. I can just imagine his reaction to that poll.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

nice pole

Comment

Who's the moron that voted for Tech?
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Surprised to see UMD ranked and at 12...I don't see us as that quite yet.
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Just to be clear, this isn't a 2012/13 Preseason poll. johnk is simply comparing last season's preseason poll to last season's final standings.
            Not much surprising here....a few quips.......
            Obviously Ferris was unexpected.
            Wisconsin underperformed pretty dramatically.
            I too am at a loss to explain why someone voted for Tech in the pre-season. Other than getting Mel Pearson, there was little reason to expect the performance boost they had last year.

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
              Just to be clear, this isn't a 2012/13 Preseason poll. johnk is simply comparing last season's preseason poll to last season's final standings.
              Um no it actually IS a preseason poll. This was copied right from the usahockey website which posted their USA Today/USA Hockey preseason poll. Preseason polls typically include the records from last season to fill in the spot where the current records normally go once the season starts and their end of season ranking from the previous year to go in the spot where the previous rank from the prior week's poll usually goes.
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I too am at a loss to explain why someone voted for Tech in the pre-season. Other than getting Mel Pearson, there was little reason to expect the performance boost they had last year.
                You and willythekid hitting the same bottle?

Comment

I stand corrected.....didn't see it anywhere on the USA Today college hockey site and thought it was last year's.....sorry.....

In that case....I think the poll has some minor issues.....UMD and Ferris will be lower than stated, Notre Dame should be higher...NMU shouldn't have gotten any votes...they were really gutted from last year......Tech should have gotten more votes and UNO should have also gotten some. The top of the poll seems like pretty safe predictions, but Notre Dame may sneak in there.
                  Last edited by UpNorthHockey; 09-24-2012, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Notre Dame should be higher after that debacle of a season? I think #10 is pretty generous as it is.

Comment

Brown is too low
                      Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                        Brown is too low
                        You is too high.
                        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                          Who's the moron that voted for Tech?
                          My thought too. Although mainly because from past experience any time Tech got a vote in one of these it seemed to preceded a double digit losing streak.

But if Northern can get a vote...

Comment

Hahaha this poll entirely lost it's legitimacy with Tech getting a vote. Obviously, it's just how the votes went, but Miami (Ohio) has gone through a bit of hardship this offseason, and Denver and Duluth are gonna have to turn almost a whole new page. That said, I think ND needs to be moved up to 6, WMU up to 7, and BC to get Tech's vote to give them outright #1.

I'll leave you with some bold calls: ND will earn a 1 seed, SCSU will finish 3rd in the WCHA, MTU and MSUM will get WCHA tourny home ice, UConn will win AH, and no team from Colorado will make the NCAA tournament.

Comment

BC is too low.

Comment

Working...
                              X