Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ferris State Hockey, 2012-2013: Okay, how are we going to top THAT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ferris State Hockey, 2012-2013: Okay, how are we going to top THAT?

Check your links, Dominic. I see the ellipses in there.

Comment

The Friday game with alaska started as a shootout. Ferris needs to tighten things down in the D zone!! Good Rally though to come out on top!!!!!

Comment

Maybe Motte should bite it every time skates out to the blue line during player intros. It seemed to work out pretty good tonight.
        This space for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by bueller View Post
          Maybe Motte should bite it every time skates out to the blue line during player intros. It seemed to work out pretty good tonight.
          Huh? Meant to ask you earlier, but forgot.

Comment

Originally posted by hanasoni View Post
            Huh? Meant to ask you earlier, but forgot.
            He went down during player intros last night.
            This space for sale.

Comment

This team has some excellent potential. Such a young core of defensemen, and with Czarno out, have mostly held their own so far. And the offense actually is not abysmal as we have been so used to seeing over the years. Barring no further injuries, I think that when Kirzinger and Czarno come back, this team has the ability to (again) surprise people. To play as well as they have overall without two upperclassman who play integral roles on several different units is quite impressive.

I thought Motte was a little shaky there for awhile but last night appeared as if he was more comfortable than he has been all season. I hope he can play with as much confidence as he did last night going forward.

Comment

Michigan Series Video Preview:

Gameday Central: http://ferrisstatebulldogs.com/sport.../gameday/index

Comment

Nice win.

Now finish it.
                  FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    Nice win.

Now finish it.
                    Agreed. After tonight there is no excuse if we don't sweep.
                    "What I get paid for are the practices, I would play the games for nothing."
                    - Tim Horton

Ferris State University
                    CCHA Champions 2003 & 2012

Comment

My first trip of the year to Ewigleben last night. There was one team on the ice and UofM were a bunch of individuals...weird stuff really.

Kyle Bonis took a puck to the head and it wasn't a wristshot. Any updates on him?

Michigan is mad and got a good night of sleep. Ferris is happy and probably partied pretty good last night. Let's get the sweep anyway.
                      see you in the pound

Comment

Originally posted by ferrisfan1 View Post
                        My first trip of the year to Ewigleben last night. There was one team on the ice and UofM were a bunch of individuals...weird stuff really.

Kyle Bonis took a puck to the head and it wasn't a wristshot. Any updates on him?

Michigan is mad and got a good night of sleep. Ferris is happy and probably partied pretty good last night. Let's get the sweep anyway.
                        Bonis is in the line-up. Huff is not. Merrill, Guptil and Clare are out for Michigan. Guptil is a healthy scratch based on Red's remarks last night. Not sure about the other two.
                        This space for sale.

Comment

Merrill has been injured and will be out for a while. Unsure on the other two.

A win and a tie in the eyes of the NCAA. I'll happily take it.
                          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by ferrisfan1 View Post
                            He seemed to play ok last night: TWO WONDERFUL GOALS!

Comment

Tough weekend at WMU. Should of won the second game, but refs gave WMU two powerplays with 4 minutes left which led to 2 goals. Terrible calls by refs, Bulldogs got robbed. However, this team has a lot of potential and the season will allow them to grow & get better. Still really optimistic here. WMU was a quality team and they're hard to beat at Lawson. However, neither game WMU didn't look to be as good as last year's team.

@Wildcat_Dave: Lawson Lunatics make Yost look classier.
                              You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility.
                              Last year in the second round CCHA playoffs, Lawson Lunatics directly pointed and chanted at LSSU fans "Stupid Yoopers". Most of the LSSU fans are old-timers, it came off extremely insensitive. It's one thing to point at opponents cheering sections and say "Ugly parents", "Hillbillies" or whatever they can come up with. But, once you start saying derogatory slang about where people come from/grew up, that's over the line.
                              After second FSU game, FSU players and coaches visited families/friends before riding home on the bus, over a half dozen Lawson Lunatics swore and threatened FSU players and staff while getting on the bus. It became to a degree that safety was a concern for little children in the area. FSU parents had toask Lawson Lunatics to please stop their awful behavior and grow up.
                              It certainly has become obvious WMU fans and students don't know how to win/have success with modesty. They finally have a good program to cheer about after shooting themselves in the foot for years, but they've gone way over the line in trying to put down opponents after victory. Its funny how a former FSU player (Jeff Blashill), who played for the current FSU coaches, turned around a terrible WMU hockey program. WMU should probably be thanking FSU, because WMU former players (i.e. Jim Culhane) ran the program down the drain, and it took a FSU guy to turn it around. I guess it takes FSU Bulldogs to do your dirty work lol. I used to despise U-M the most, but WMU is now at the top of my list. Its one thing to be arrogant and cocky like U-M when you have 9 national championships and 20+ straight NCAA tourney appearances. But, WMU Broncos are 0-5 in the NCAA Tournament, and only Michigan D-1 program to never make it to the national championship game. WMU's got an extremely bright future ahead and they're one of the best CCHA teams, but they can't start talking smack until they've won a NCAA Tournament game. Also, WMU, you've got A LOT more money in your hockey budget than schools like Ferris State & LSSU. You can't use the excuse anymore that your facilities aren't up to par with Ferris', like you did when Culhane was there.
                              Glad we might never have to go to Lawson again. Actually after a couple horrific experiences at Lawson, this makes Yost look a lot more attractive. Those Kalamazoo fans have Zero[B}[/B] hockey sense. It's probably because they didn't have a competitive college hockey team for a while. I loved it when one of the FSU parents turned to a section of WMU fans and called them bush league. The WMU hockey fans couldn't even comprehend what he meant.

Comment

Well WMU was our achilles last season so I am just going to assume that again. Sounds like we should have won game two but didn't finish the deal. Next year when we're in the New WCHA and all broadcasts are online I'll have a more in depth analysis.

Beating U of M 5-0, then tying them the next night followed by getting swept by WMU. This is going to be an unusual season...

Go Dawgs!
                                "What I get paid for are the practices, I would play the games for nothing."
                                - Tim Horton

Ferris State University
                                CCHA Champions 2003 & 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X