B1G Hockey: The Countdown Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: B1G Hockey: The Countdown Begins

I feel for the Gopher fans. This big mistake may be fun for a year or two. But after that?

Who said Minnesota doesn't play football? If they don't play football, why follow with your flagship sport into a new and decidedly-less-exciting conference? Why not just leave the Big 10? (And do not say it has anything to do with...cough...academics.) Was it to save the basketball program from having to joing the WAC? No, it was a football/money decision. Accept it Minnesota, your school is following the lead of its most sad program. You should be embarrassed. In the WCHA you could look at Michigan and scoff, knowing your hockey team was always superior and nothing else mattered. Now...now Michigan is clearly the superior school. So you beat them in some marginal Big 10 sport, big deal. They probably win in volleyball. And in the only Big 10 sport that matters, they are clearly superior. (And in the second most important sport...do you even play basketball?) Enjoy mediocrity, Gopher fans.
    Last edited by bunt_q; 09-27-2012, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      Meanwhile you hacks don't need anyone else to engage in circle jerkoffs.

Trust me, we will be the least of your worries. Just watch.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
        1964-1992 - 1 tournament appearance.

The model of consistency.
        Go watch that Blue Ice video. The program had a revolving door of coaches and being the #4 sport on campus (Football, Basketball, Baseball were all powerhouses in that time period) doesn't exactly get huge attendance. Now? Heh. The program has grown into a behemoth.

And what a stupid specification you made. C'mon man! Sorry, this isn't the 1990s anymore bud. Michigan's program is a monster now. Their worst year since the 80s when the program was still building under Red was in 2009-10, and Michigan made history being the first 7 seed to win the CCHA Playoff, killing #1 miami in the semifinals and nearly making it to the Frozen Four in Detroit. They needed to win the conference tourney to get in, and they did. Most teams down years are not making the tournament (minnesota), Michigan's was a conference playoff championship and a BS call where a goal was waved off in OT away from a Frozen Four.

I can already tell this rivalry is going to be heated. Since minnesota actually has a fanbase that doesn't run away and hide when their team sucks like the school to the northeast.
        ---
        National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
        Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
        19 Conference Championships
        10 Conference Tournament Championships
        2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          Proof that there's no such thing as "not needing to put one's comments in context".

I'm also quickly finding that Michigan fans are much more annoying than North Dakota's. I didn't think it was possible.
          er....let's not get ahead of ourselves here. There is still a lot the MI fan base has to prove before they earn that honor.

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post

I can already tell this rivalry is going to be heated. Since minnesota actually has a fanbase that doesn't run away and hide when their team sucks like the school to the northeast.
            Probably will be heated.

128-116-15 is the Gopher's all-time record against Michigan, we'll get to add to that next year.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
              Proof that there's no such thing as "not needing to put one's comments in context".

I'm also quickly finding that Michigan fans are much more annoying than North Dakota's. I didn't think it was possible.
              Is this your way of saying you'll miss us?
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Michigan is going to dominate this conference I think.
                That's where you made your first mistake. Thinking is obviously not your forte.

I can already tell this rivalry is going to be heated.
                Heated? We'll beat you, then we'll make you burn your ugly helmets

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                  That's where you made your first mistake. Thinking is obviously not your forte.

Heated? We'll beat you, then we'll make you burn your ugly helmets
                  Congrats on making the NCAA Tournament last year for the first time since the George W. Bush administration. I'm sure a banner will be hung in Mooch for that. And those helmets look pretty beautiful to me.

*****http://mgoblog.com/sites/mgoblog.com/files/c79176b567ae_A380/NORTHDAKOTABIRD.gif.pagespeed.ce.LV0aMSQ8oF.gif******

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                  Probably will be heated.

128-116-15 is the Gopher's all-time record against Michigan, we'll get to add to that next year.
                  I give Michigan 8 years to get the series lead.
                  Last edited by MGoBlueHockey; 09-28-2012, 07:34 AM.
                  ---
                  Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                  2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                    Alas, the rest of us will have to earn your contempt.
                    Exactly.

Comment

Being a bit older, I'm not particularily "tech savvy." Is it possible to set up some sort of "google alert" for the first instance in which JDUBBS and MGoBlue meet? Or will I just feel some sort of disturbance in the internet force?
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Congrats on making the NCAA Tournament last year for the first time since the George W. Bush administration. I'm sure a banner will be hung in Mooch for that. And those helmets look pretty beautiful to me.

I give Michigan 8 years to get the series lead.
                        I don't quite get the point of posting that pic of the Whioux game. You do realize that has nothing to do with us, so not sure what point you were trying to make there.

Remember we didn't just make the tourney, but the frozen 4. Where was your team again? Oh, that's right... at home. No banners for that. We're not SCSU. So again, not quite sure what your ponit was there either. But nice try.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                          er....let's not get ahead of ourselves here. There is still a lot the MI fan base has to prove before they earn that honor.
                          True, but I already have a sour taste in my mouth from being around a bunch of them at the GB regional last year. Very gopher-ish, in all the wrong ways.

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                          Is this your way of saying you'll miss us?
                          In a sad, strange little way.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                            I don't quite get the point of posting that pic of the Whioux game. You do realize that has nothing to do with us, so not sure what point you were trying to make there.

Remember we didn't just make the tourney, but the frozen 4. Where was your team again? Oh, that's right... at home. No banners for that. We're not SCSU. So again, not quite sure what your ponit was there either. But nice try.
                            The point was showing off the beautiful helmets. That would also be a pic I don't think you would mind seeing Michigan shut out that almighty sioux team in the Frozen Four.

You did make the Frozen Four. Congrats. But what happened when you got there? You got **** on by a team Michigan beat in the GLI. Wonderful. Michigan got screwed yet again by the refs in an NCAA Tournament game when they got a goal waved off that would have won the game.
                            ---
                            2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              Being a bit older, I'm not particularily "tech savvy." Is it possible to set up some sort of "google alert" for the first instance in which JDUBBS and MGoBlue meet? Or will I just feel some sort of disturbance in the internet force?

Oh, we'll just know. A disruption in the time space continuum.

This will actually be maybe the only time where Dubbie is useful. Sicking him on the Wolverine fans is what he's been groomed for. It's his destiny.

Like I said... "CAN'T WAIT!"

Comment

The point was showing off the beautiful helmets. That would also be a pic I don't think you would mind seeing Michigan shut out that almighty sioux team in the Frozen Four.

You did make the Frozen Four. Congrats. But what happened when you got there? You got **** on by a team Michigan beat in the GLI. Wonderful. Michigan got screwed yet again by the refs in an NCAA Tournament game when they got a goal waved off that would have won the game.
                                So you're implying winning the GLI is a bigger accomplishment than the frozen 4 birth? Wow... just wow. Maybe I should have realized that based on your sig. I can't wait until that first game where you and JDubbs go at it.

You're right. It's all the refs fault. They should be locked out and replaced. We've got a bunch of fired squirt refs that would be perfect.

Comment

Working...
                                X