B1G Hockey: The Countdown Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B1G Hockey: The Countdown Begins

So what is the only force in the world that could make allies out of Gophers, Badgers & Sioux?

Sure, it will only last an instant and end with three corpses in the foxhole with two knives in each or their backs, but for a moment there, my inner butterfly soared.

Even BC couldn't do that...

Comment

Yep, that made my night. What a fool.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        So what is the only force in the world that could make allies out of Gophers, Badgers & Sioux?

Sure, it will only last an instant and end with three corpses in the foxhole with two knives in each or their backs, but for a moment there, my inner butterfly soared.

Well, there's just so much raw, mutual hate between the three of ya, it would never last. But hell, even during war sometimes you have to might light of the situation.
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

The University of Michigan? Everyone hates us...
          Originally posted by alfablue
          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
            And yet you fail to recognize Michigan State as a quality team despite the fact that Michigan has failed to win more often than not against them?
            Wrong.
            Originally posted by alfablue
            Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

• Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
              Like Michigan's hockey program, right?
              Michigan only has 1 before 1950. Also, Michigan is a top-5 program year in and year out. It's not like they went away. Blown call via waved off goal away from their 10th couple years ago.
              ---
              National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
              Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
              19 Conference Championships
              10 Conference Tournament Championships
              2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Oh, look, it's the emergence of the "Michigan never loses, they're screwed by officials/ran out of time/got screwed by a hot goalie" theory they stole from Red Wing fans.

Cute, kid. Don't miss the bus this morning.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                  Oh, look, it's the emergence of the "Michigan never loses, they're screwed by officials/ran out of time/got screwed by a hot goalie" theory they stole from Red Wing fans.

Cute, kid. Don't miss the bus this morning.
                  Go watch the game. Goal waved off. For the 2nd of 3 straight years of having goals waved off that cost them the game.

Of course, you wouldn't know anything about National Championship games since western's claim to fame is one conference playoff title in 26 years. Congrats. That's expected here. It won't be long before your program slides back into mediocrity and gets their wig split weekly in the NCHC.
                  ---
                  National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                  Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                  19 Conference Championships
                  10 Conference Tournament Championships
                  2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

And Red had to sell his soul to win the game before the one you are currently whining about. So really Michigan shouldn't have even had the chance to get screwed out of their 10th NC.
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

These Michigan fans confirm every pre-conceived notion I've had about Michigan fans.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I just don't understand why Eisenhower was so critical to Michigan's success on the national stage.

Comment

Teams that have won more or the same amount of championships than Michigan Hockey (3 championships) in the last 50 years:

NCAA D1 Men's Hockey:
                          North Dakota - 6
                          Wisconsin - 6
                          Minnesota - 5
                          Boston University - 5
                          Denver - 4
                          Boston College - 4
                          Lake Superior State - 3
                          Michigan Tech - 3
                          Michigan State - 3

Super Bowl:
                          Pittsburgh - 6
                          Dallas - 5
                          San Francisco - 5
                          Green Bay - 4
                          New York Giants - 4
                          Washington - 3
                          Los Angeles/Oakland - 3
                          New England - 3

NHL Stanley Cup:
                          Montreal - 12
                          Edmonton - 5
                          Detroit - 4
                          Toronto - 4
                          New York Islanders - 4
                          Boston - 3
                          Pittsburgh - 3
                          New Jersey - 3

NCAA D1 Football:
                          Alabama - 7
                          USC - 5
                          Miami - 5
                          Oklahoma - 4
                          Notre Dame - 4
                          Nebraska - 4
                          Texas - 3
                          Florida - 3

NCAA Men's Basketball:
                          UCLA - 11
                          Duke - 4
                          North Carolina - 4
                          Kentucky - 4
                          Indiana - 3
                          Connecticut - 3

World Series:
                          New York Yankees - 8
                          St. Louis - 5
                          Oakland - 4
                          Los Angeles Dodgers - 4
                          Cinncinati - 3
                          Baltimore - 3

And I could go on, and on, and on...
                          Last edited by bigblue_dl; 10-11-2012, 09:29 AM.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                            Them having no national titles means nothing. Their programs just started taking off in the 2000s. MU is the only one that has any hope of keeping their success going IMO.

But that's like saying the Princeton Tigers should be the best team in the entire country in all divisions because they claim 28 national championships in football.....all of which were before 1950 and 75% of them were in the 19th century.
                            Your post count has eclipsed your IQ by a mere 80 points, keep posting the distance can only increase.
                            "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                            Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                            The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                            Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                              Wrong.
                              And here I thought Michigan grads/students were supposed to be smart. Let me dumb it down for you...

Michigan and Michigan State have played 284 times. Michigan has won 141 of those contests. That means that they have failed to win 143 times. Because 143 is a greater number than 141, that means that Michigan has failed to win more often than not against Michigan State.

It's nice to see that the Walmart Wolverines have figured out how to use the internet...

North Dakota
                              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                                And here I thought Michigan grads/students were supposed to be smart. Let me dumb it down for you...

Michigan and Michigan State have played 284 times. Michigan has won 141 of those contests. That means that they have failed to win 143 times. Because 143 is a greater number than 141, that means that Michigan has failed to win more often than not against Michigan State.

It's nice to see that the Walmart Wolverines have figured out how to use the internet...

They sell computers at Walmart now, so it was only a matter of time.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X