Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B1G Hockey: The Countdown Begins

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    taking bets....has this michigan fanboy ever tried the dirty biddlyn? Yes, or no?
    $texas
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      Taking bets....Has this Michigan Fanboy ever tried the Dirty Biddlyn? Yes, or No?
      I think he had a foursome with the Boyfriend Bunch.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
        That's funny since the last time they played little Shawn Hunwick owned the almighty sioux team that was supposed to run away with the NC.
        That was the first and last time I was actually rooting for the ugly helments. Still haven't forgiven myself for it.

Comment

That's funny since the last time they played little Shawn Hunwick owned the almighty sioux team that was supposed to run away with the NC.
          The sun shines on every Wolverine's butt every once in awhile.
          Last edited by Dirty; 10-04-2012, 12:40 PM.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
            This whole thread is an Albanian Steering Wheel.
            Never seen the Slithering Ratchet used this way before.

Comment

Building is near a hundred years old. Used to be the home of the basketball team from 1923-1973.

*****http://www-personal.umich.edu/~gkinney/bkvideo/large/bl013067.jpg******

Not much more you can do. Most intimidating atmosphere in college hockey. No doubt, the loudest building.
              Only until our new barn opens a year from now!

(T)he renderings of the arena reminds men’s hockey head coach Guy Gadowsky of the old Hersheypark Arena from his playing days. The Hershey Bears called the arena home from 1936 to 2002.

“It was a tough place to play because it felt like the fans were right on top of you,” Gadowsky said. “When you walk around the arena [on the virtual tour], especially by the student section, you really get that feeling.”

When Acting Athletic Director Dave Joyner was asked about the Hersheypark Arena, he agreed.

“This is much more state of the art,” Joyner said. “The way the bowl is constructed with the seats looking directly down and the closeness of everybody to the action reminds me of the Hersheypark Arena.”

Pegula said he hoped the atmosphere would sound like a hockey game inside a garbage can. He said he hoped that was accomplished.
              Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                I expect your goalie next year will set, and then hold, all the bad Big Ten records for the history of the conference. I hope he is from Canada.
                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

MNS, how would you feel about Michigan scheduling a home and home with nodak next year? Michigan has a huge hole in their non-conference next year since the conference schedule is only 20 games. I assume Michigan will be scheduling some of the directional schools.

Would love to see what the Ralph looks like in person.
                  Like FS23 said, if Michigan would be willing to schedule home and home, I'd love to see Michigan on the schedule. I don't know if they'll schedule any non con away games outside the state of Michigan, however.
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

How will it be intimidating when the opposing fans of every B1G team will be occupying it?

PSU is going to be kicked around for quite awhile. I hope you do beat state though.
                    ---
                    National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                    19 Conference Championships
                    10 Conference Tournament Championships
                    2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                      Like FS23 said, if Michigan would be willing to schedule home and home, I'd love to see Michigan on the schedule. I don't know if they'll schedule any non con away games outside the state of Michigan, however.
                      Michigan has had plenty of non-con away games outside the state of Michigan the past decade. At UNH in 2010, at BU and Alaska tournament in 2009, at BU in 2008, at Minnesota for Icebreaker in 2007, Lefty McFadden at Dayton in 2004, some showcase tourney in Buffalo in 2002. But I'd have to think North Dakota is pretty far down on the list of places Michigan would consider going to. Sure, it's a good opponent, but it doesn't really offer anything else. Doesn't get you bonus home games like when you play in Alaska. It's not an easy trip like Dayton (or arguably even places with major airports nearby). It's not a hotbed for hockey talent where you'd want to establish a presence like the Twin Cities/Buffalo/Boston/northeast in general. Regular games against Minnesota are going to give them more than enough presence in the West, so I imagine Michigan will continue to look east for non-conference travel.

Comment

I hope the GLI invites north dakota. It was so fun beating BC last year but there were barely any fans of theirs there. No band, nothing. I know the distance is pretty large but they have a pretty large fanbase.
                        ---
                        National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                        Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                        19 Conference Championships
                        10 Conference Tournament Championships
                        2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

For whatever it's worth, I've heard Rico has mentioned during booster events that Michigan and Miami have had discussions to remain on each others schedules after this season. Appreciably closer than Grand Forks, but out of state nonetheless.

That being said, I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

Going back to our questions about Tom Osborne stepping down in Nebraska: University of Miami AD Shawn Eichorst is the new Nebraska AD. Eichorst used to work under Barry Alvarez at UW. Make of that what you will, I guess.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...ka-cornhuskers
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

"Pegula said he hoped the atmosphere would sound like a hockey game inside a garbage can. He said he hoped that was accomplished."

Similar to Michigan's AD who hoped that the atmosphere would look like a hockey game inside a garbage can. He said he hoped that was accomplished.

*****http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/314195_10152022269417316_1681538121_n.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                                Similar to Michigan's AD who hoped that the atmosphere would look like a hockey game inside a garbage can. He said he hoped that was accomplished.

*****http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/314195_10152022269417316_1681538121_n.jpg******
                                *****http://thepoliticalzealot.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/President-George-W.-Bush-Mission-Accomplished.jpg******

Comment

Working...
                                X