Boston College Women's Hockey - 2012-2013 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Women's Hockey - 2012-2013 Season Thread

Hux -- could you shoot me an email? First name dot last name at gmail dot com.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

I was fortunate enough to interview Kinger for BC Interruption this week; catch the article here:

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...-womens-hockey

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        I was fortunate enough to interview Kinger for BC Interruption this week; catch the article here:

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...-womens-hockey
        Nice job! Looking forward to surprising Coach Crowley in a couple of weeks
        "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Short season preview:

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...season-preview

Comment

Off to a slow start!

This could really be the best BC team in history. Experience where it counts, in net. Most electrifying pair of freshman performers since Stack/Thunstrom returning a year more experienced. Talent up and down the lines.

Going to be a really fun year and we should be a top team for years to come with Field and Carpenter just sophomores and top recruiting classes year after year thanks to Kinger. Crowleyer? Whatever.
            GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Beantown Puckfan View Post
              Off to a slow start!
              Your mother's off to a slow start.

God I ****ing hate those ****ing rat dogs. Such a garbage team and we lose to them. ****

Comment

Meh, first game shakiness. They'll get it firmed up.

BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES

Comment

Originally posted by vellnueve View Post
                  Meh, first game shakiness. They'll get it firmed up.
                  I predicted that BC was going to lose this one, they didn't have an exphidition game, and it was only there second time playing in conte.
                  There were a few positives to pull from this game like that fact that skarupa and trivigno are very good together and could be the next carpenter and field duo, Boyles played a very strong game and I expect for her to have a strong season. From looking at that game I think the next time BC plays BU
                  The results will be closer. There defense is very good those freshman D are very good , I cant wait to see what happens at the heights this year.

Comment

Originally posted by bceagles11 View Post
                    I predicted that BC was going to lose this one, they didn't have an exphidition game, and it was only there second time playing in conte.
                    There were a few positives to pull from this game like that fact that skarupa and trivigno are very good together and could be the next carpenter and field duo, Boyles played a very strong game and I expect for her to have a strong season. From looking at that game I think the next time BC plays BU
                    The results will be closer. There defense is very good those freshman D are very good , I cant wait to see what happens at the heights this year.
                    I thought BC carried the play for the last 3/4 of the game really, save for BU's 3 odd-man rushes that they converted on.

Comment

Well we lost. But that was a hell of an entertaining game.

Comment

Well we lost. But that was a hell of an entertaining game.
                        At least your own alumni scored the winning goal against you.
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                          At least your own alumni scored the winning goal against you.
                          And Schaus was ridiculous. All we could think of the whole game was "so that's what this feels like."

Comment

And Schaus was ridiculous.
                            She allowed three goals on 27 shots to a college team. I hope that if she winds up playing against Canada in an Olympic Gold Medal game that she has a higher level of ridiculous to reach.
                            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                              She allowed three goals on 27 shots to a college team. I hope that if she winds up playing against Canada in an Olympic Gold Medal game that she has a higher level of ridiculous to reach.
                              That doesn't tell the whole story. Nothing at all she could do on those goals. Meanwhile while BC had stretches where they were just peppering her she was an animal.

BC matched up quite well with the Blades -- which I thought would happen. It wasn't until the end of the game that the talent really started to wear BC down.

The tying goal was nuts, did anyone see it? A little flip-in from the red line that bounced right in front of Miller and rolled in over her shoulder.

Comment

A little flip-in from the red line that bounced right in front of Miller and rolled in over her shoulder.
                                That is a seriously big bounce! What did they do - run the pucks through the pizza oven before the game?
                                "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Working...
                                X