This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2012-13

I'm trying to find some info on one of our incoming frosh next year - Julian Fialkow??? - without success. Since it does look as if we'll be down to 20 skaters next fall (unless I'm missing something) our margin for error is very, very small. I assume that one of three things is possible: 1) my informational sources are simply inadequate to the task; 2) he sustained an injury and is not playing this year; 3) he was abducted by aliens several months ago and resides on the mother ship...any help would be great appreciated since I'm at work with nothing to do but watch Italian election returns...

Comment

OK, GreenCoat, finding this Fialkow kid was NOT easy. Apparently, he started the season with the Jr. Warriors of the EJHL. Good news because that league has produced some quality players (Chris Wagner comes to mind). Oh wait, there's bad news too--he played 12 games amassing a line of 0-1-1 (http://www.easternjunior.com/stats/t...ubseason=80170) whereupon he disappeared. After what seemed like hours of more due diligence I tracked down his next team: the New England Wolves which was an altogether unknown program to me. More good news, that team has a 36-13-5 record and is sending a ton of kids to play college hockey. At powerhouse programs like Assumption, Becker College and (my personal favorite) St. Olaf. Oh, and on this roster of future Division 6 college stars our boy Fialkow played a grand total of 7 games with a 0-0-0 line(http://www.americanhockeyinstitute.p...age/statistics). Keep in mind this is a team averaging 4.71 goals a game at as far as I can tell the lowest level of hockey imaginable.

So, I would have to say that I would regard his chances of success at the next level with a mild degree of skepticism.

Comment

Marmot, thanks very much...res ipse loquitor...THIS IS A PROBLEM FOLKS...I hope I am wrong, but...are we now looking at 19 skaters and not 20...and are we looking at ANOTHER very bad decision on providing grant-in-aides...God, I hope I am wrong...again, thanks for the work

Comment

So, the research tends to show that this kid cannot stay on a team and does not produce when he's there. Not good.

Comment

On the bright side, Andrew Black still leads the EJHL in goals and is fourth overall in points. So, hopefully he will be solid.

Comment

I still think the key to next year's class is how good the three d-men are, 2 from the BCHL and one from the EJHL. One of the kids from the BCHL, Brett Corkey, is 11th in that league in power play assists.

Comment

I really hope I'm wrong here Marmot and, believe me, nothing personal against the young man...I just don't know and I doubt that, God Forbid, Silver Puck provide us with any update on our incoming kids...but, and again and again and again and again, this is NOT a way to develop (or complement) a team with sufficient talent to compete for an NCAA bid...and if that is NOT what we're after then my passion and (very secondarily) my financial support is truly a waste...

Comment

I am just trying to figure out the unlikely situation that would allow 'gate to have another game at home. Based on my calculations, we need 4 of the next 5 things to happen; Colgate gets 4 points, Brown gets no more than 1, Cornell gets no more than 1, Princeton gets no more than 1, or Clarkson gets 0. We could tie Brown but would have to beat the other teams. Looks like that one point lost with 10 seconds to go could be important coming down the stretch.

Does anyone else see another way it could happen?
                  Last edited by red133883; 02-27-2013, 11:14 AM.

Comment

If we are going to play another home game, we need to sweep this weekend. Less than 4 points and we WILL be on the road for the rest of this season.

However, we also need THREE of the following four scenarios to also happen in order to play at home again:
                    -Princeton cannot earn more than 1 point.
                    -Brown cannot earn more than 1 point.
                    -Cornell cannot earn more than 1 point.
                    -Clarkson must get swept.

Remember, Brown and Cornell play each other on Friday night.
                    Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                      If we are going to play another home game, we need to sweep this weekend. Less than 4 points and we WILL be on the road for the rest of this season.

However, we also need THREE of the following four scenarios to also happen in order to play at home again:
                      -Princeton cannot earn more than 1 point.
                      -Brown cannot earn more than 1 point.
                      -Cornell cannot earn more than 1 point.
                      -Clarkson must get swept.

Remember, Brown and Cornell play each other on Friday night.
                      They could always tie.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        They could always tie.
                        True, but then they will both need to lose on Saturday. (Then again, we're playing Brown Saturday, so it's a matter of Yale beating Cornell.)
                        Colgate '09

Comment

A tie would be good. Brown can beat Cornell(two points) then Cornell loses or ties to Yale we jump over Cornell. All other scenarios needed.
                          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

How many times have we been here before...putting our fate in others' hands!!!
                            Bring on the playoffs and pray for a repeat of 2011!!! Take a nice stroll down Memory Lane!!!

http://www.clipsyndicate.com/video/p...ses_to_colgate
                            http://www.clipsyndicate.com/video/p...pset?wpid=9616

That moment still gives me chills! Colgate does make miracles happen!!!
                            Don't worry, guys...Colgate will make the inaugural trip back to Lake Placid next year!!!

Goooooo 'Gate!
                            C O L G A T E
                            2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                            1990 NCAA FINALS
                            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                            ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                            ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

While we bide our time for this weekend's games: Andy McDonald has been placed on injured reserve by the Blues. Also, Smitty has been traded to the Idaho Steelheads by Texas (I believe it was Texas?). Any other posters have news worth reporting?
                              COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Austin wasn't traded...he was sent down to their farm club in the ECHL. He was up in the AHL...guess he didn't do much. He had like eighteen goals in twenty one games with the Idaho club before being sent up.
                                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Working...
                                X