X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2012-13

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    The Princeton game is a 4:00PM start...I just noticed.
    They love doing that. Easier to bring the kids to a 4 p.m. game than a 7 p.m. and the Hobey Baker Rink has a very family friendly atmosphere.
    Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

you can't play the game if you don't show up...

Comment

The Princeton game is a 4:00PM start...I just noticed.
        Bummer tonight! And the Tigers just beat Cornell...yikes!
        COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
          Bummer tonight! And the Tigers just beat Cornell...yikes!
          This league is just unpredictable.

Tonight's game was lost in the final 3 minutes of the 3rd period. Quinnipiac takes a penalty, then we almost immediately take a penalty of our own to negate a power-play opportunity. THEN we "can't count" - resulting in a Quinnipiac 4x3 then 5x3 in the final minute of regulation.

Then overtime. We kill the penalty. Logic says momentum should be shifted to us. But then they score. Game over. We lose.

Now a quick turnaround traveling down to New Jersey and playing an afternoon game. At least the Tigers got their first win of the season already. But they're never easy. Despite the loss I still thought we played very well. Just gotta get that league "W".
          Colgate '09

Comment

Rainman, you thought we played well? We only had 10 shots and spent a lot of time on defense. Qpac hadn't scored a pp goal all season...until now. Qpac has one of the lowest points per game in all of DI...until now. Just like Cornell, we had the lead. Just like Cornell, we lost. I see serious problems here. We can't score 5x5, take senseless penalties...hoping we can at least fix the ridiculous bench minors. We've got some talented players but the play seems very insconsistent this year.
            C O L G A T E
            2023 ECAC CHAMPION
            1990 NCAA FINALS
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
            ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
            ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

We are so young and inconsistency will be our trait until the frosh learn the college game. Pecknold said "his team played so well they could have beaten anyone in the country" ! Game over...look forward to Princeton.

Now we get to focus on football @ 12:30....Can't wait.
              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
                Rainman, you thought we played well? We only had 10 shots and spent a lot of time on defense.
                Yes, I am aware that we had only 10 shots on goal, and there were multiple instances of Quinnipiac "hemming us into our own end". The final score could have easily been 4-1 Bobcats. But we kept it close and the game was in doubt until the very end. It's still early in the season. But yes, we should have shot the puck more.

Just like Cornell, we had the lead. Just like Cornell, we lost.
                We didn't lose to Cornell after having a lead. We tied them. Playing Cornell at their barn is never easy. We've had a tough league schedule out of the gate and while the results haven't been in our favor, we haven't folded.
                Colgate '09

Comment

Just would like to point out that Colgate took only one bench minor last night. Two bench minor penalties for too many men on the ice were called - one on Colgate and one on Quinnipiac. It was the first bench minor of the season on the Raiders which came in the 10th game on a team with seven freshmen regularly in the line-up which I think is pretty good considering. It should be noted that neither coaching staff was pleased with the calls. In the instance of the penalty on the Bobcats, the play was going on right in front of their bench (in the neutral zone) in the midst of a change however I honestly did not notice if they had one too many players on the ice. On the Colgate bench minor, the play was going on in Colgate's defensive zone and around when the penalty was called, the puck had gotten back towards the bench by the blue line. Again, I didn't see the extra player on the ice.

All that said, the bench minor wasn't why Colgate lost the game. It didn't help obviously but it wasn't the reason for the loss. Colgate ended up killing off both late penalties and got back to 5-on-5 in the overtime period just before the eventual winner on a tough bounce.

Really, Colgate just didn't have enough offense - 10 shots, just two in the third period a week after hammering Cornell for 45 in a game and 24 in a single period. And when Colgate did have the puck in the offensive zone in the second and third period, the Raiders weren't winning enough battles and getting into position to shoot pucks on the net. Give Quinnipiac a lot of credit, it played a strong defensive game.

Comment

Now we get to focus on football @ 12:30....Can't wait.
                    Not looking real good right now at the half....down 24-14

Comment

Spoke too soon. Great second half comeback by the Red Raiders to take the Patriot League title. Congratulations all!! Amazing season.

Comment

Lucky for us, they play two halves ColSkate - Football joins W Soccer as PL Champs!

Comment

I think DV's rather ebullient comments last weekend post-Cornell were a little premature...

Comment

Remember, we agreed there would be growing pains...

Comment

indeed...and the last couple of years the road trip to Princeton-QPac has been very, very tough...

Comment

What happened this afternoon in New Jersey? We're singing a familiar tune here:

2006-07: 0-1-1 after 2 league games, 0-3-1 after 4 league games, finish 8th
                                2007-08: 0-1-1 after 2 league games, 0-3-1 after 4 league games, finish 8th
                                2010-11: 0-1-1 after 2 league games, 0-3-1 after 4 league games, finish 12th
                                2012-13: 0-1-1 after 2 league games, 0-3-1 after 4 league games

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come, but this is a young team, and they're still learning. Just seeing us repeat a similar pattern is something that I have a hard time digesting.

On the other hand, the football team is FCS playoff-bound!
                                Colgate '09

Comment

Working...
                                X