• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bemidji State Beavers Hockey 2012-2013

Well someone had to do it.
    Minnesota Hockey

Re: Bemidji State Beavers Hockey 2012-2013

Will be interesting to see the opening series for Providence versus BSU out east. Last year in Minnesota it was a terrific goaltending dual. This year both programs will be starting a new era of goaltending. Will the transfer goalie be the #1 for BSU? PC has a returning Junior Riley and 2 freshman.

If any BSU fans make the trip to PC make sure to stop up in the Friar Room on the North End of the Rink for a snack and beverage - great way to meet other hockey people (no cost / donation only).

Comment

Wondering why Ivana Bilic was added to the roster for 2012/13 and now is removed? Is she with the team or not and why?

Comment

Tough start to the season. Pretty sure BSU didn't expect to be 1-3 after two weekends vs Providence and SCSU. Congrats to SCSU on the sweep.

Comment

Nice win tonight, ladies!
          Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
          FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
          NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
          NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
          NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
          NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
          Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
          Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
            Nice win tonight, ladies!
            Yes, a signature BSU, grind it out, battle hard, block shots, limit scoring chances, and get some goaltending when they do allow chances, type of win. Congrats to BSU. However, I think Wisconsin will see their scoring drought end on Sunday.

It's great to see the bottom four wcha teams earn points against the top four (minus MN of course).

Comment

Unfortunately, the extremely large roster this team is carrying is hurting them with recruits. I know the families of two strong players (defense) that went elsewhere during the early signing period specifically for this reason. A team running with 7 maybe 8 D is more attractive than no guarantees with 10 D.

Comment

Originally posted by rhodesw View Post
                Unfortunately, the extremely large roster this team is carrying is hurting them with recruits. I know the families of two strong players (defense) that went elsewhere during the early signing period specifically for this reason. A team running with 7 maybe 8 D is more attractive than no guarantees with 10 D.
                Understandable from the prospective recruit point of view I'd say.
                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

That is a very good point. However, it's not roster size that has given Bemidji recruiting trouble over the last few years. With WCHA's Minnesota, MN-Duluth, and Wisconsin competing for the same players, winning is THE best recruiting tool.

Comment

Originally posted by Fever View Post
                    With WCHA's Minnesota, MN-Duluth, and Wisconsin competing for the same players, winning is THE best recruiting tool.
                    I doubt BSU has been in that many recruiting battles with UMD. Even Wisconsin is for the most part picking out of a different talent pool. I'd say the UND has wound up with a number of players of late that may have otherwise considered Bemidji.
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                      I doubt BSU has been in that many recruiting battles with UMD. Even Wisconsin is for the most part picking out of a different talent pool. I'd say the UND has wound up with a number of players of late that may have otherwise considered Bemidji.
                      Thanks for your insight.

Comment

I would suggest that being second to last of all D1 teams in graduation success (ahead of only Quinnipiac) is probably not helping them either. Most girls have aspirations to not only play hockey but also graduate.

Comment

Molly Arola, Allie Duellman, Emily Erickson, Sadie Lundquist, Alana McElhinney, Zuzana Tomcikova, Montana Vichorek, Erika Wheelhouse, Marlee Wheelhouse, Abby Williams, Danielle Williams, Lauren Williams. I count 12 Scholar Athletes from last years team, not to bad considering there were only 110 from the entire WCHA men & women

Comment

Originally posted by kiphockey View Post
                            Molly Arola, Allie Duellman, Emily Erickson, Sadie Lundquist, Alana McElhinney, Zuzana Tomcikova, Montana Vichorek, Erika Wheelhouse, Marlee Wheelhouse, Abby Williams, Danielle Williams, Lauren Williams. I count 12 Scholar Athletes from last years team, not to bad considering there were only 110 from the entire WCHA men & women
                            Don't know any of these young women as players, people, or students, but congratulations to them. I'm going by the NCAA website data for Division 1 women's college hockey programs.

Comment

One could conceivably conclude that the Beavers have been unfavorably impacted by the graduation of Tomcikova...I would submit. Scoring difficulties as well?
                              Last edited by brookyone; 11-11-2012, 02:29 PM.
                              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Working...
                              X