Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women's DI Rankings/Polls 2012-2013

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-womens-poll/
    Last edited by brookyone; 09-17-2012, 02:23 PM.
    Minnesota Hockey

Re: Women's DI Rankings/Polls 2012-2013

Nothing too shocking. UND I thought would start 3 or 4 due to incoming freshman that will make immediate impact. but you gotta respect what the teams ahead of you did in the tourney. all i can say is...without the nhl, im really realllly gonna enjoy some hockey at the ralph this year!

UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA WOMEN'S HOCKEY

WCHA Regular Season Champions:
    WCHA Playoff Champions:
    NCAA Tournament Appearances: 2012
    NCAA Championships:

http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/Reg...005/story.html

Comment

Originally posted by northhockey View Post
      Nothing too shocking. UND I thought would start 3 or 4 due to incoming freshman that will make immediate impact. but you gotta respect what the teams ahead of you did in the tourney. all i can say is...without the nhl, im really realllly gonna enjoy some hockey at the ralph this year!
      All due respect to the freshmen coming in, but higher than #5?

Comment

In the ECAC pre-season Coaches Poll. Big Red clear number one. Harvard number two, ahead of SLU who are in the D1 poll top 1.

http://static.psbin.com/7/i/fzn9re6x...aches_Poll.pdf

Top players in ECAC Pre-Season poll:
        http://static.psbin.com/j/e/ckmt2zvt...eague_Team.pdf

Three from Cornell, one each from Harvard, Clarkson and Quinnipiac.
        Last edited by OnMAA; 09-17-2012, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fever View Post
          All due respect to the freshmen coming in, but higher than #5?
          UND lost less than most of the teams above them at the end of last season. It their goaltending is solid, they have a realistic shot at the national crown. Obviously, so do the teams ranked higher.
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

A national champion from last year doesn't even merit a single point in the poll? Lame.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Good luck to them.
              Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

#4 for BC? Hellz to the yeah. Highest preseason poll position ever, no?
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                  A national champion from last year doesn't even merit a single point in the poll? Lame.

Powers &8^]
                  I'm too lazy to actually verify if it is true, but my guess is that UMD was the most recent team to be ranked in the D-I poll before ever playing a D-I game (OSU also received votes in that poll):

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-wo...tober-4,-1999/
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by northhockey View Post
                    Been reading the SiouxSports.com forum, Women's Hockey 2012-2013 Thread. The #5 team isn't getting much love from the locals. Same for the women's game in general. Disappointing.
                    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                      I'm too lazy to actually verify if it is true, but my guess is that UMD was the most recent team to be ranked in the D-I poll before ever playing a D-I game (OSU also received votes in that poll):

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-wo...tober-4,-1999/
                      I see Niagara got some votes in their 2nd season, good memories!

Comment

Pretty much the same teams on the top 10 list.... yawnnnnn. We need the LA Kings of D1 Women's Hockey to win it this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post
                          Pretty much the same teams on the top 10 list.... yawnnnnn. We need the LA Kings of D1 Women's Hockey to win it this year.
                          Ah.... Ok, so who COULD (not will) that team be? I'll throw out (in no particular order) Northeastern, Mercyhurst, Harvard. Alright, maybe not Harvard

Comment

Originally posted by Fever View Post
                            Ah.... Ok, so who COULD (not will) that team be? I'll throw out (in no particular order) Northeastern, Mercyhurst, Harvard. Alright, maybe not Harvard
                            LA Kings definition would be a team that has been around for a while, made the final only once before, quite a while ago, not done much since, and go on a run late in the season to finally win the big one.....

So let's start with a list of teams that have been to the final once only and lost. List is not that long:

SLU, Brown, Cornell, Mercyhurst and BU.......

So who would you tag with the LA moniker.....I'd say Brown or SLU, as those are the only two teams in that list that have not been to a title game for a while.

Everyone admits LA did have some talent, but underachieved. So who do you give the nod in that department, SLU or Brown. Hard call to make. SLU is more likely to go on a run and win, but Brown has probably underachieved the most in recent years.

So my verdict is Brown is the D1 version of the LA Kings.

Comment

The tourney will be won this year by a team ranked 3 or lower for sure..

Comment

Working...
                              X