Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Women's DI Rankings/Polls 2012-2013

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
    Okay, my turn.... "I was wondering why".......

there's no USA Hockey poll this week?
    I haven't seen one all season. When I tried looking directly on USA Today one week, I couldn't find it on that site.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
      I haven't seen one all season. When I tried looking directly on USA Today one week, I couldn't find it on that site.
      http://usahockey.com/players/polls.aspx
      Take a peek, it's been here all season, including links to all previous weeks, but for some reason there isn't one this week.
      Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Take a peek, it's been here all season, including links to all previous weeks, but for some reason there isn't one this week.
        Odd numbering schemes as well:

Women's Oct 30 poll is "Week 6", while Men's Nov 5th poll is "Week 5". (BTW Women's "Week 5" is Oct 23).

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
          I was wondering why, after being swept by SLU, why SLU gets a vote, and on the heels of a 5 game losing streak, UNH gets 2 any?
          DC....You are underselling the Wildcats. Should be obvious to you. SLU sweeping those mighty Wildcats will garner some votes.

More seriously.....SLU's set of past opponents and their rankings have a lot to do with it. All their past opponents they lost to, swept last weekend (except Clarky, but they moved up anyways), so that tends to improve your stock as well, as long as you do the same.

Comment

I get an "F" in "looking". Maybe they figured that since so many of the ranked teams had a bye this week they would take one as well. Either that, or Katey Stone is one of the voters and she didn't get her vote in because 4 Nations.

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
            Odd numbering schemes as well:

Women's Oct 30 poll is "Week 6", while Men's Nov 5th poll is "Week 5". (BTW Women's "Week 5" is Oct 23).
            The women's season starts a couple weeks before the men's season does.

Comment

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-womens-poll/

Certainly a slightly unusual appearing poll from the WCHA point of view.
              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-womens-poll/

Brooky, check out the PairWise for the most glaring omission I've ever seen (no Minnesota?!?).

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                  Brooky, check out the PairWise for the most glaring omission I've ever seen (no Minnesota?!?).
                  They seem to have been having software problems with the Pairwise calculations. Minnesota and Harvard have dropped in and out of the PWR for weeks now.

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                    I'm not sure about the justification for BC to be 5th and UMD to get no votes at all. I suppose if you squint just right and don't think too hard, 4-3-1 looks enough better than 3-6-1 that you might arrive at it, but it requires a fair amount of willful avoidance of asking who the two teams have actually played. The performance of New Hampshire against various opponents of the two squads as well as BC itself suggests that they are a lot closer to each other than the voters think. KRACH agrees, having BC at 13 and UMD at 15.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                      I suppose if you squint just right and don't think too hard, 4-3-1 looks enough better than 3-6-1.
                      You are kidding right. Without looking at opponents, 4-3-1 is a much better record than 3-6-1.

Comment

Can't believe I'm going to say this...But the team I feel should be complaining is Wisconsin. Should be higher. If they were a East team they would be top 5

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                          They seem to have been having software problems with the Pairwise calculations. Minnesota and Harvard have dropped in and out of the PWR for weeks now.
                          What I want to know is does someone have a plan to fix the software? And how will anyone know if all the glitches really are fixed?
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                            What I want to know is does someone have a plan to fix the software? And how will anyone know if all the glitches really are fixed?
                            Wouldn't it be *** awesome if it never got fixed, and even the NCAA missed it? A field of 8 at the of the season with NO WCHA teams!!! Nirvana!!!!

Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Wouldn't it be *** awesome if it never got fixed, and even the NCAA missed it? A field of 8 at the of the season with NO WCHA teams!!! Nirvana!!!!
                              Yeah, maybe an Eastern team would finally win one!
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Wouldn't it be *** awesome if it never got fixed, and even the NCAA missed it? A field of 8 at the of the season with NO WCHA teams!!!
                                Understandably, the CHA fan has forgotten all about automatic bids.

Anyway, Ed Trefzger fixed the USCHO PWR computation.
                                Last edited by ARM; 11-13-2012, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X