Women's DI Rankings/Polls 2012-2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Women's DI Rankings/Polls 2012-2013

I think it is a tough week to rank, because there are so few results, and many of them are inconsistent. UMD in particular has had a big variance between its good and bad games, and voters may not be sure how to factor in the injuries. Plus, you have North Dakota in between Duluth and Wisconsin, and what are the voters supposed to make of them? BC is the team that always seems to get a ton of love from the voters no matter what they do. They had a number of flops down the stretch last year and held that 4th spot most of the time. Now they move back into the top four despite not having yet won. Then just when the picture is starting to emerge a bit, the Ivies jump in and the waters are blurred once more.

I think we have it easy getting to comment on the polls rather than needing to vote in them.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
      BC is the team that always seems to get a ton of love from the voters no matter what they do. They had a number of flops down the stretch last year and held that 4th spot most of the time. Now they move back into the top four despite not having yet won.
      Well put. I've noticed same and wondered what was happening?

Comment

...think I'd have Clarkson moving up this week, if I had any input.

Jumping BC at least.
        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post

Jumping BC at least.
          I am betting the Mavs get a little push also......

Comment

Jumping BC at least.
            Originally posted by mavfan18 View Post
            I am betting the Mavs get a little push also......
            You're both right! Congrats!

1 Minnesota (15) 8- 0-0 150 1
            2 Cornell 1- 1-0 131 2
            3 Boston University 5- 1-0 119 3
            4 Clarkson 5- 1-0 103 5
            5 Mercyhurst 6- 1-1 82 7
            6 Boston College 1- 2-0 70 4
            7 Northeastern 4- 1-0 50 8
            8 North Dakota 4- 2-0 44 10
            9 Harvard 0- 0-0 33 NR
            10 Minnesota State 4- 2-2 15 NR

Others receiving votes: Ohio State 14, Wisconsin 7, Dartmouth 4, Minnesota-Duluth 1, Providence 1, St. Lawrence 1.

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-wo...#ixzz2A3FJTloz
            Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

I wish I went to the Friday night game between Mercyhurst and Clarkson. From what I saw on only saturday, Mercyhurst was clearly the better team. I know the score was 3-0 Clarkson on Friday. From what I saw on saturday, I don't know how that happened on friday.
              "If you're satisfied with being good, you'll never be great"

"heck, you go to some D-III hockey games and a Steven Segal Chinese stick fight breaks out,....." by Camman15

2009-2010 Regular Season Atlantic Hockey Pick-em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by MICZamboni View Post
                I wish I went to the Friday night game between Mercyhurst and Clarkson. From what I saw on only saturday, Mercyhurst was clearly the better team. I know the score was 3-0 Clarkson on Friday. From what I saw on saturday, I don't know how that happened on friday.
                Mercyhurst's penalty kill was better on day two. The stats show 2 PPG's on Saturday, the 2nd one came in the final minute with the goalie pulled, so it was 6 on 4. But on Friday, all 3 Clarkson goals were PPG's, meanwhile Hurst outshot by a considerable margin. CU goalie was clearly up to the task Friday, though perhaps not quite as sharp on Saturday.

Overall, the team seems to really be starting to gel quickly, which is impressive only because nearly half the roster is new players to the program.
                Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Originally posted by MICZamboni View Post
                  Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
                  Mercyhurst's penalty kill was better on day two. The stats show 2 PPG's on Saturday, the 2nd one came in the final minute with the goalie pulled, so it was 6 on 4. But on Friday, all 3 Clarkson goals were PPG's, meanwhile Hurst outshot by a considerable margin. CU goalie was clearly up to the task Friday, though perhaps not quite as sharp on Saturday.

Overall, the team seems to really be starting to gel quickly, which is impressive only because nearly half the roster is new players to the program.
                  Per any question of The Lakers and Golden Knights in the rankings...I'd opine the Lakers have the tougher opponent immediately ahead.
                  Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Per any question of The Lakers and Golden Knights in the rankings...I'd opine the Lakers have the tougher opponent immediately ahead.
                    Agreed, but if we look an additional week down the road, then the tougher path swings sharply in the other direction.

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post

Of the 3 pp goals scored against MU on Friday one was also a 2 man advantage goal. Photos clearly show multiple goal tender interference not caught by stripes
                      ....them's the brakes

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        Not quite sure why they have Wisconsin ranked higher than Minnesota Duluth after having just been swept in Duluth. I don't think the Badgers's two wins over Lindenwood should count for much (if anything at all) and they were tied by unranked Minnesota State. Oh well, just wondering what the thought process must have been.
                        BTW, i think this has somewhat been rectified.

Comment

It's plain bizarre for me to see both UMD and UW out of the top ten. At times I enjoy the bizarre.
                          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

It's plain bizarre for me to see both UMD and UW out of the top ten. At times I enjoy the bizarre.
                            No truer words have been spoken. I had to look twice to see if my eyes were right.

"heck, you go to some D-III hockey games and a Steven Segal Chinese stick fight breaks out,....." by Camman15

Comment

I will say this about Clarkson though, I have never ever seen a team sacrifice the body for slap shots as much as I saw on Saturday. If this were true on Friday, when I believe MU outshot Clarkson in a losing effort, imagine what the shots on goal would have been on both nights if they didn't block so many shots.

Comment

The Poll for October 29:

Team (First Place Votes) Record Points Last Poll
                                1 Minnesota (15) 10- 0-0 150 1
                                2 Cornell 4- 1-0 129 2
                                3 Boston University 7- 1-0 119 3
                                4 Clarkson 7- 1-0 105 4
                                5 Mercyhurst 8- 1-1 92 5
                                6 Harvard 2- 0-0 54 9
                                7 Northeastern 5- 1-1 53 7
                                8 Boston College 2- 3-0 45 6
                                9 North Dakota 4- 4-0 33 8
                                10 Ohio State 7- 3-0 20 NR
                                Others receiving votes: Wisconsin 12, Minnesota-Duluth 11, Providence 1, St. Lawrence 1.

I'd love to hear the logic for why BC is so far ahead of OSU. It must be along the lines of, "I think they should be better on paper, so they are ranked higher." I don't see it supported by results to date.

Comment

Working...
                                X