Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUNY Geneseo cancels women's volleyball season in wake of alleged hazing incident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUNY Geneseo cancels women's volleyball season in wake of alleged hazing incident

Not hockey, but is DIII news: http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...leyball-hazing

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Re: SUNY Geneseo cancels women's volleyball season in wake of alleged hazing incident

Sounds like it was the right thing to do. The descriptions of what happened from the article sound horrible. I'll never understand the idea that in order to bond as a group you need to deprive certain people of their humanity and treat them like garbage. Good on the administration for sending a message.
    #OneKnight

Comment

Re: SUNY Geneseo cancels women's volleyball season in wake of alleged hazing incident

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
      Sounds like it was the right thing to do. The descriptions of what happened from the article sound horrible. I'll never understand the idea that in order to bond as a group you need to deprive certain people of their humanity and treat them like garbage. Good on the administration for sending a message.
      Couldn't agree more.
      Larry Normandin
      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

in this day and age you would think that these kids would know better, and Genny is a school for some pretty smart kids...that said it does suck for the seniors...

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
          in this day and age you would think that these kids would know better, and Genny is a school for some pretty smart kids...that said it does suck for the seniors...
          That being said, the seniors were the perpetrators, after all. They brought it on themselves.
          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

I hope that others don't go overboard, there is initiations and there is hazing.
            There is a point when just bond building initiation changes to cruel hazing.

Proud Grandpa of Haley,Adam & Luke
            A Retired shop teacher and proud of it (35 years )

OSWEGO STATE Almost class of 1973

OSWEGO STATE LAKERS 2007 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
            Oswego, from the Indian Oshwakee, "the flowing out of the waters."
            Arizona State Class of 1974
            ASU THE ACHA D1 2014 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
            Arizona based on the Pima Indian word arizonac, meaning "little spring place."

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
              That being said, the seniors were the perpetrators, after all. They brought it on themselves.
              thats a broad stroke of the brush, I have been in that position as both a underclassman and senior its the old peer pressure, I am sure some seniors were not in on it to the fullest extent, sometimes the underclasswoman,try to get their revenge for the year b4 tomfoolery......bottom line not a good thing for anyone,hopefully all learn for the future???

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                thats a broad stroke of the brush, I have been in that position as both a underclassman and senior its the old peer pressure, I am sure some seniors were not in on it to the fullest extent, sometimes the underclasswoman,try to get their revenge for the year b4 tomfoolery......bottom line not a good thing for anyone,hopefully all learn for the future???
                That's basically the case. I can remember back in high school Letterman's club initiation - no alcohol, but swallowing live gold fish and swimming in the outlet from a sewage plant were required. When I was a Senior, I did not participate in any way. Really dumb stuff that leadership should not have allowed. This was planned by the team "leaders" and if it cost them their season - just dumb, dumb, dumb

Comment

That's basically the case. I can remember back in high school Letterman's club initiation - no alcohol, but swallowing live gold fish and swimming in the outlet from a sewage plant were required. When I was a Senior, I did not participate in any way. Really dumb stuff that leadership should not have allowed. This was planned by the team "leaders" and if it cost them their season - just dumb, dumb, dumb
                  were those goldfish crackers?? yea dummmmb

Comment

My father told me when he initiated into his fraternity, he had the live goldfish swallowing and the walking on crackers in your bare feet with blindfolds on so you thought it was glass. Then, there was the "kidnapping" of the pledges who were driven out to the eastern end of Long Island (he attended Brooklyn Poly Tech) at night with no money or ID, and they had to find their way back.
                    Russell Jaslow
                    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                      My father told me when he initiated into his fraternity, he had the live goldfish swallowing and the walking on crackers in your bare feet with blindfolds on so you thought it was glass. Then, there was the "kidnapping" of the pledges who were driven out to the eastern end of Long Island (he attended Brooklyn Poly Tech) at night with no money or ID, and they had to find their way back.
                      Except for the sewer plant swim, our initiation was pretty tame, but this was suburban Seattle in 1962.

Comment

Working...
                      X