Cha 2012-2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cha 2012-2013

Seeing as how a Hockey East thread has been open for predictions, I thought one was appropriate for the CHA as well.

Here goes my predictions...

1. Mercyhurst
    1a. Robert Morris
    3. Syracuse
    3a. RIT
    5. Lindenwood
    6. Penn State

Mercyhurst has lost too much to be the runaway favourite in this league and Robert Morris has shown that they are now contenders for a ranking and for top spot. How RIT will fare is still to be determined but I believe they are still ahead of start-up Penn State and Lindenwood. Syracuse is difficult to predict for me but because of experience I will give them the edge on RIT.
    ...and whadaya know, it's another freshman...

Re: Cha 2012-2013

Originally posted by Cali View Post
    Seeing as how a Hockey East thread has been open for predictions, I thought one was appropriate for the CHA as well.

Here goes my predictions...

1. Mercyhurst
    1a. Robert Morris
    3. Syracuse
    3a. RIT
    5. Lindenwood
    6. Penn State

Mercyhurst has lost too much to be the runaway favourite in this league and Robert Morris has shown that they are now contenders for a ranking and for top spot. How RIT will fare is still to be determined but I believe they are still ahead of start-up Penn State and Lindenwood. Syracuse is difficult to predict for me but because of experience I will give them the edge on RIT.
    I'm with ya.

Comment

1. Robert Morris-solid coaching, work hard
      2. Mercyhurst-impossible to replace what they have graduated the last few years
      3. Syracuse-talent is there, waiting on chemistry
      4. Penn State- good goaltending, easy schedule out of conference will help confidence and adjustment
      5. RIT- speed won't be there to compete with top three
      6. Lindenwood- Hard to change mindset after last year

Comment

GVSU program founder, 2009-10 Coach of the Year, Whitaker moving onto Lindenwood

http://achahockey.org/news.php?news_..._id=1064&lang=
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Tncuse View Post
          1. Robert Morris-solid coaching, work hard
          2. Mercyhurst-impossible to replace what they have graduated the last few years
          3. Syracuse-talent is there, waiting on chemistry
          4. Penn State- good goaltending, easy schedule out of conference will help confidence and adjustment
          5. RIT- speed won't be there to compete with top three
          6. Lindenwood- Hard to change mindset after last year
          This is the biggest question for RIT this year. Even though they have dominated D3 for the past couple of years, will that success and team chemistry translate to the D1 game?
          Smart scheduling Mercyhurst on the first weekend. This should give them an early indication of D1 speed.
          I believe they will be battling for the 3-4 spot. RIT basically returns everyone from last year, with a ton of big game/playoff experience and should give them the edge over fellow newcomers Penn State and Lindenwood.
          RIT TIGERS
          2007-08 AHA Pick'em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Fan View Post
            This is the biggest question for RIT this year. Even though they have dominated D3 for the past couple of years, will that success and team chemistry translate to the D1 game?
            Smart scheduling Mercyhurst on the first weekend. This should give them an early indication of D1 speed.
            I believe they will be battling for the 3-4 spot. RIT basically returns everyone from last year, with a ton of big game/playoff experience and should give them the edge over fellow newcomers Penn State and Lindenwood.
            I think the 1-2 spots will be RMU and MC. Be interesting how the rest will shake out. Since Lindenwood and Penn were essential first year programs last year, expect both to improve vastly with a lot of new blood coming in. Be interesting how that pans out vs the experience of RIT. Don't think it is a slam dunk that RIT will be in the 3-4 spot. Will be very interesting to watch. I'll be seeing RIT live this season for the first time when they play our D's team. Looking forward to see what they have to offer vs D1.

Comment

There is a good article on the upcoming CHA season:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...hockey-preview

While Mercyhurst has lost some big firepower they have great depth and recruiting. Great coaching and a great returning squad will put Robert Morris a very good contender, but I still put them #2.

Syracuse will have its hands full with the new contenders but should hang on to #3 for this year anyway based on experience and some remaining depth.

While Lindenwood struggled early they showed some great improvement. That coupled with a full year to recruit and I feel it is a crap-shoot for the bottom 3. RIT has a great tradition, but D1 is a significant move up. Penn State has some good recruits but will have its work cut out to gel in D1 season 1. They have some games against weaker opponents Union and Sacred Heart so that sould assist with some confidence development.

Comment

Coaches Poll is out.

http://www.chawomenshockey.com/news/...-13CoachesPoll
                ...and whadaya know, it's another freshman...

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Comment

Since there's no separate RMU thread...

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
                    FINAL: Lindenwood 5, Robert Morris 2 - Kendra Broad had two power-play goals and Alison Wickenheiser had a power-play goal and a short-handed empty-net goal as the Lions upset the Colonials. It was the Lions first road win in CHA play. Nicole Hensley made 32 saves for the win; Kristen DiCiocco made 30 saves for RMU.
                    Did the Colonial players remember that they had to come back from winter break? They're now 0-3 in 2013. Not good at all. Special teams play was pretty bad today, as Lindenwood went 3-for-7 on the power play and also scored a shorty (albeit an empty-netter).
                    Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                    Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                    Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

WHOA!
                      Just when I was beginning to believe the RIT sweep of RMU was a turning point in their season....first quality wins...we get todays Lindenwood score. What is up with RMU? Good coaching....good players.....can't figure this meltdown out. LU should really not yet be competitive at the D1 level. Congrats to them for this huge upset win.....but still.....there must be cause for great concern in Pittsburgh.

Comment

Working...
                      X