2012-2013 Conference Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012-2013 Conference Predictions

College Hockey Weekly has finally published their Conference Predictions for this upcoming season...

http://www.collegehockeyweekly.com/2...edictions.html

They go though each conference and predict:
    - Regular Season Champion
    - Tournament Champion
    - Player of the Year
    - Rookie of the Year
    - Coach of the Year
    - Biggest Surprise

Also, look for CHW's Top 13 Teams (updated), Top 13 Players, and Top 13 Freshmen in the upcoming weeks.

Finally, I will again be conducting weekly polls (Top 10), starting with the Preseason Poll. I will have a new thread out probably about 2 weeks before the season (~end of September) to where you can post your Top 10s. CHW used those last season, and I believe they intend to do so again this year, so if you want your voice heard, feel free to put together your top 10 in those threads.

For those of you who are unaware, I am a contributor for CHW, and my predictions are used for the WCHA, CCHA, and Atlantic Hockey predictions.
    Last edited by Fighting Sioux 23; 09-09-2012, 08:54 AM.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Re: 2012-2013 Conference Predictions

Excellent work as always man!
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Robert must have been drunk when he made his WCHA picks.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
        He very well could have been. He's a Minnesota alum, so I'm not too surprised.
        North Dakota

Comment

I agree. He has the wrong Reilly for Rookie of the year. Should be Mike Reilly
          @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
          On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
          High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

I take it some of those guys are fans?
            University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
              I take it some of those guys are fans?
              Everyone associated with the site is a fan of college hockey. For the most part, everyone is fairly neutral when making predictions or writing articles; however, there are some that let their bias play more of an influence in their predictions.
              North Dakota

Comment

Thom too.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  Thom too.
                  I hope neither was driving immediately after making their picks but Thom wasn't quite two times over the legal limit like Robert was.
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    Thom too.
                    What's funny is that Thom is another Minnesota alum, but has more of a Scooby-esque outlook on life.
                    North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                      College Hockey Weekly has finally published their Conference Predictions for this upcoming season...

http://www.collegehockeyweekly.com/2...edictions.html

They go though each conference and predict:
                      - Regular Season Champion
                      - Tournament Champion
                      - Player of the Year
                      - Rookie of the Year
                      - Coach of the Year
                      - Biggest Surprise

Also, look for CHW's Top 13 Teams (updated), Top 13 Players, and Top 13 Freshmen in the upcoming weeks.

Finally, I will again be conduction weekly polls (Top 10), starting with the Preseason Poll. I will have a new thread out probably about 2 weeks before the season (~end of September) to where you can post your Top 10s. CHW used those last season, and I believe they intend to do so again this year, so if you want your voice heard, feel free to put together your top 10 in those threads.
                      I don't want to be a doorknob and i know you aren't the editor of this website, but i think you should disclose any relationships you have with this website even if you are just a contributor.

I think you contribute a lot of work and it benefits the site greatly, but i do think when you link to an outside website you should let people know if you have any input into it.
                      Originally posted by SJHovey
                      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                      Originally posted by Brenthoven
                      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                        I don't want to be a doorknob and i know you aren't the editor of this website, but i think you should disclose any relationships you have with this website even if you are just a contributor.

I think you contribute a lot of work and it benefits the site greatly, but i do think when you link to an outside website you should let people know if you have any input into it.
                        No worries. I thought it was pretty common knowledge that I was a contributor to the site, but perhaps not. Also, CHW uses my exact same handle as on here (either Fighting Sioux 23 or FS23) whenever they refer to something that I have contributed. In this case, I am one of the 5 people who they used for predictions for the WCHA, CCHA, and Atlantic Hockey. Hopefully that clears up any confusion.
                        North Dakota

Comment

No worries. I thought it was pretty common knowledge that I was a contributor to the site, but perhaps not. Also, CHW uses my exact same handle as on here (either Fighting Sioux 23 or FS23) whenever they refer to something that I have contributed. In this case, I am one of the 5 people who they used for predictions for the WCHA, CCHA, and Atlantic Hockey. Hopefully that clears up any confusion.
                          Now, about your taxes . . .

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                            Now, about your taxes . . .
                            You know, I've been looking for them the last few days, but it's like they've vanished out of thin air...
                            North Dakota

Comment

You know, I've been looking for them the last few days, but it's like they've vanished out of thin air...
                              2L and you're already getting hard to pin down.

Comment

Working...
                              X