UAA Seawolves 2012-2013 Thread "the Last Hurrah"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAA Seawolves 2012-2013 Thread "the Last Hurrah"

here's doyle info on the Dusyk, and why Kwas is a Senior and not a junior.
    http://community.adn.com/adn/node/162576
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
      here's doyle info on the Dusyk, and why Kwas is a Senior and not a junior.
      http://community.adn.com/adn/node/162576
      Thanks, I wasn't aware this was Jordans last year.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

The kid on the horse stick is so annoying. I'm gonna trip him if he's back. That crap belongs at a kindergarten party, not a hockey game, stupid alaska.

Comment

Originally posted by shootdontpass View Post
          The kid on the horse stick is so annoying. I'm gonna trip him if he's back. That crap belongs at a kindergarten party, not a hockey game, stupid alaska.
          What are you talking about, ****'s hilarious. And it gets the crowd pumped (if you can call it a crowd).

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
            This is the last year of the Current Wcha, Let's hope the wolves can go out with a bang before realignment hits.

8 freshman coming in, Blake Tatchell & blake Leask seem to be studs and will probably be regulars in lineup.

Season starts in 30 days, hopefully you all will be at the Meet N greet saturday to meet the team.

GO SEAWOLVES!!!
            I think you're right about Tatchell & Leask, I was very impressed with both of them last night.
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

C'mon people ... it's "The Blakes".

Comment

Thought UAA looked good against U or Regina until they got within 10 feet of Regina's goalie. Freshmen looked like they belonged in the lineup.
                GO UAA!
                Upper Deck Fan

Comment

Originally posted by revfnb View Post
                  Thought UAA looked good against U or Regina until they got within 10 feet of Regina's goalie. Freshmen looked like they belonged in the lineup.
                  GO UAA!
                  They started out okay, but Regina picked it up as the game went on and UAA didn't. UAA dominated that game, long LONG shifts in the Regina end, but nothing to show for it. They just didn't finish. And the empty net that was missed at the end was soooo sad. No way he should have missed that. Someone behind us screamed "There's no goalie in the net!!!" LOL

I saw flashes of great play, and I sure was impressed with the speed of Trupp. I'm sure they'll have an intense week of practice and work on their power play a lot.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

UAA fans, what is your suggestion for a good place to eat in Anchorage? I'm not talking a bar or a pizza place (I've been there before and hit up some of the regular places: Humpy's, Peanut Farm, Moose's Tooth, etc). I would like to take the girfriend out for a nice dinner of seafood, steaks, etc. (I'd prefer seafood when I'm there). Can be a little pricey, since I do have a decent job now. Thanks for the help!
                    Last edited by bigblue_dl; 10-09-2012, 02:39 PM.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      UAA fans, what is your suggestion for a good place to eat in Anchorage? I'm not talking a bar or a pizza place (I've been there before and hit up some of the regular places: Humpy's, Peanut Farm, Moose's Tooth, etc). I would like to take the girfriend out for a nice dinner of seafood, steaks, etc. (I'd prefer seafood when I'm there). Can be a little pricey, since I do have a decent job now. Thanks for the help!
                      Marx Brothers or the Crow's Nest are the two best date spots in town, IMO.

If you have a car, Seven Glaciers in Girdwood also fits the bill.
                      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Simon and Seaforts is one of my fav's for seafood and they make the best Margaritas in town ... go on the rocks instead of blended. Also they have a nice view for being street level.

Comment

Simon's or the Glacier Brewhouse are both great places to eat. Both are downtown and both will provide you with steaks and seafood.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                            They started out okay, but Regina picked it up as the game went on and UAA didn't. UAA dominated that game, long LONG shifts in the Regina end, but nothing to show for it. They just didn't finish. And the empty net that was missed at the end was soooo sad. No way he should have missed that. Someone behind us screamed "There's no goalie in the net!!!" LOL

I saw flashes of great play, and I sure was impressed with the speed of Trupp. I'm sure they'll have an intense week of practice and work on their power play a lot.
                            I agree there were flashes of great play, but all in all I was a bit unimpressed. Lousy passing and defensive breakdowns were a bit worrisome. Both teams certainly picked it up as the game went on though. I think UAA might have under-expected Regina based on the Friday game in Fairbanks (6-0 UAf). But Regina certainly came ready for some revenge on Saturday. I sure hope UAA is ready for this weekend because I don't think their Kendall opponents will come out as flatfooted initially.

Freshman looked good. Look forward to watching some of these guys grow over the next few years

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                              Marx Brothers or the Crow's Nest are the two best date spots in town, IMO.

If you have a car, Seven Glaciers in Girdwood also fits the bill.
                              Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                              Simon and Seaforts is one of my fav's for seafood and they make the best Margaritas in town ... go on the rocks instead of blended. Also they have a nice view for being street level.
                              Originally posted by UAA Seawolves Fan View Post
                              Simon's or the Glacier Brewhouse are both great places to eat. Both are downtown and both will provide you with steaks and seafood.
                              Awesome! Thanks for the suggestions. I'll put them on a list and check out menus and figure out what would work best from there. I appreciate the help!
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for the suggestions. I'll put them on a list and check out menus and figure out what would work best from there. I appreciate the help!
                                Check out Chilkoot Charlie's on a Friday night. Bring Kevlar.
                                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Working...
                                X