UAA Seawolves 2012-2013 Thread "the Last Hurrah"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAA Seawolves 2012-2013 Thread "the Last Hurrah"

Awesome, thanks for the info! I'll have to check out Pikes Landing, I think I remember seeing advertisements for
    them during Seawolves games on GCI channel 1. Looks like a nice place.

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
    Ticketmaster online, here: http://www.ticketmaster.com/search?t...x=0&search.y=0

But, the Brice has never sold particularly well, probably due to the fact that it's not included in season ticket packages and tourney packages are $55 each. I'd suggest going to Fred Meyer or the Carlson box office after you get there so that you can actually pick out your seats, opposed to whatever the Ticketmaster website deems you worthy enough to get.

Travel safe! Pikes Landing (aka the Jay Ramras Empire) has some good hotel rates for Alaska residents.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      That may be, but there are fire codes and you can't go past capacity by too large of a margin.
      That has never stopped the Aces or big concerts from talking with the Fire marshall before hand and having a contingency plan. But like i said we don't have that many season ticket holders to begin with so it shouldn't be that huge of a deal
      Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Looks like we've added one more to the roster, welcome Stephen Oberzanek.
        Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk
          its a volunteer pass (Not a student or season ticket holder), i help out with behind the scenes stuff (setting up the booster room, jersey auctions, skate with the teams etc.) and get some of the benefits of the season ticket holders get (kendall room & Blueliner room access). Season ticket holders pay for the kendall as part of there season tickets
          Sweet. We had season tickets at the $1000 booster level for many years, and that's what it takes to get into the Kendall room. Good for you. They do a really nice job and the food is excellent. I'll miss that this year. Since we moved to Palmer we didn't renew our tickets ... first time in 22 years we haven't had season tickets, it will be a change for sure. We'll make as many games as we can but I'm sure we won't make all of them having to drive 100 miles round trip for each one.
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Sweet. We had season tickets at the $1000 booster level for many years, and that's what it takes to get into the Kendall room. Good for you. They do a really nice job and the food is excellent. I'll miss that this year. Since we moved to Palmer we didn't renew our tickets ... first time in 22 years we haven't had season tickets, it will be a change for sure. We'll make as many games as we can but I'm sure we won't make all of them having to drive 100 miles round trip for each one.
            Wow. Seawolves lose Donald and Suze in one year. I doubt they can recover from losses like that!

Comment

Well, to be fair Suze didn't say the Seawolves 'lost' her. And neither has Donald, yet. They just have both (coincidentally I might add)
              chosen to change the ways in which they have supported the Seawolves in the past due to circumstances that don't necessarily have
              anything to do with their 'personal' support of the team. I wouldn't want season tickets either if I lived as far away as Palmer, especially
              since Winter trips up here can be quite treacherous. And Donald moved more than 3500 miles away, making the case for him to continue
              to write for his blog difficult (especially in light of the credentials situation).

In any case, the Seawolves club is no stranger to adversity. I think they'll weather the storm just fine.
              Last edited by Alaskana; 10-04-2012, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                Wow. Seawolves lose Donald and Suze in one year. I doubt they can recover from losses like that!
                I think we will be fine

Comment

Volunteering has its perks

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                    I think we will be fine
                    I don't know. That leaves you with what, about 23 loyal fans now?

Comment

They'll be alright as long as they still have the guy that rides around on the horse on a stick.
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                        I don't know where you got that from, I said I'd make as many games as we can. We still fully support this team and always will. It just wasn't prudent to spend so much money on season tickets when we didn't know which games we would be attending.
                        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                          They'll be alright as long as they still have the guy that rides around on the horse on a stick.
                          Hey, it's better than guys who run around wearing capes.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

If you give me a heads up when you think about going to games, we might be able to scrounge up some tickets for you and your husband. No promises, but sometimes extra tickets just appear...

Comment

Looks like we have a new recruit according to heisenburg Tanner Dusyk from Bonnyville in the AJHL.

Comment

Originally posted by UAA Seawolves Fan View Post
                                If you give me a heads up when you think about going to games, we might be able to scrounge up some tickets for you and your husband. No promises, but sometimes extra tickets just appear...
                                Thanks, sent you an email.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X